Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 9:08:00 PM EDT
Years ago the sun never seemed to set and it was always an interesting place to visit. Now it is literally nothing more than the comments of perhaps 2 dozen lockstep regulars who spend 16-20 hours a day on the internet as their solitary social outlet. It's disconcerting really.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sub-Guns is owned and maintained by one person…

I mean literally one guy does all the moderating, deleting, managing and maintaining.

I’m a little surprised that he hasn’t gone postal and whacked several of the more virulent trolls. I’m astounded that it has lasted this long.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to live there but when it became a pay site for ads( the main draw there was the for sale section) with virtually no other redeeming quality, I then moved my buying and selling to sturmgeher and my time wasting to glocktalk
Now I just do both here and feel the content and community is worth paying for ( but paying is not required)
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I was over there a few months ago and some dork posted an, " I want to kill myself post".  I posted back,,,,,"good bye and post pics for confirmation of success".   I got broadsided by sissies and dorks who complained I was cruel.  WTF?  I wasn't gonna shoot the dork,,,,,just watch.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to live there but when it became a pay site for ads( the main draw there was the for sale section) with virtually no other redeeming quality, I then moved my buying and selling to sturmgeher and my time wasting to glocktalk
Now I just do both here and feel the content and community is worth paying for ( but paying is not required)

One really does have to give the Avilas credit for maintaining a balance here.  It is working well so far.  

Brown noser
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Years ago the sun never seemed to set and it was always an interesting place to visit. Now it is literally nothing more than the comments of perhaps 2 dozen lockstep regulars who spend 16-20 hours a day on the internet as their solitary social outlet. It's disconcerting really.

Yea and some of those "2 dozen” posters are the biggest dealers and Mfg’s in the arms business, and lets not forget the Mater gunsmiths and inventors. It may not get the traffic this board does but don’t try to kid yourself that it isn’t the Place to go when it come to knowledge about anything dealing with NFA.  To even try to compare is just silly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sub-Guns is owned and maintained by one person…

I mean literally one guy does all the moderating, deleting, managing and maintaining.

I’m a little surprised that he hasn’t gone postal and whacked several of the more virulent trolls. I’m astounded that it has lasted this long.

There are many moderators on subguns
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Damn, sounds a bit like ARFCOM. (Except for a few more lockstep regulars)
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, sounds a bit like ARFCOM. (Except for a few more lockstep regulars)

Very good!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Which is any diferent then the vast majority here?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bit off subject, but what kinda gun is in you pic?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bit off subject, but what kinda gun is in you pic?

Walther WA2000 sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yea and some of those "2 dozen” posters are the biggest dealers and Mfg’s in the arms business, and lets not forget the Mater gunsmiths and inventors.

Gunsmith? I thought he only towed cars.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i stoped reading there when they began to bury the mguntony problems.

What mguntony problems?  Details, please.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

after he screwed me on a suppressor deal, i found several guys he had done the same thing to. sold guns and either never delivered or took excessively long times to complete transefers. ie.. my suppressor paperwork was in the works for 18 months waiting on him to fix a problem on his end that was incorrect on the form4. 18months later and tons of phone calls to him he would never return i got my check and paperwork back from the atf. he still owes me around 200.00 i never expect to see again.

i found LOTS of complaits of similar nature logged against him there that had been buried by their admins.

Ok, got it.  Only asked since he's sorta local to me and shoots at Swan Creek.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

after he screwed me on a suppressor deal, i found several guys he had done the same thing to. sold guns and either never delivered or took excessively long times to complete transefers. ie.. my suppressor paperwork was in the works for 18 months waiting on him to fix a problem on his end that was incorrect on the form4. 18months later and tons of phone calls to him he would never return i got my check and paperwork back from the atf. he still owes me around 200.00 i never expect to see again.

i found LOTS of complaits of similar nature logged against him there that had been buried by their admins.

WOW.

And he is still advertising there?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thet had a great discussion board years ago, but you are right about it slowly fading away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Concur.  I rarely visit there anymore.  Used to enjoy my exchanges with "archie", long ago before he had his fall from grace.  It's pretty pathetic now.  Shame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top