Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2006 9:47:28 PM EDT
Just got back frem the 10:00p sneak preview of Snakes on a Plane.  I expected it to be pretty crappy, but overall it wasnt to bad.  Lots of CGI snakes w/some real snakes mixed in.   When the snakes are in the scenes, it was pretty intense.  The snakes tagged old people, young people, kids.  The snakes were biting people EVERYWHERE: crotch, boobs, eyes, face, necks.  It will make you look b4 taking a piss again.  Once again Samual Jackson was the man and of course, has to save the day.

It's not going to win any oscars, but it was a fun movie........

scottMO
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just got back frem the 10:00p sneak preview of Snakes on a Plane.  I expected it to be pretty crappy, but overall it wasnt to bad.  Lots of CGI snakes w/some real snakes mixed in.   When the snakes are in the scenes, it was pretty intense.  The snakes tagged old people, young people, kids.  The snakes were biting people EVERYWHERE: crotch, boobs, eyes, face, necks.  It will make you look b4 taking a piss again.  Once again Samual Jackson was the man and of course, has to save the day.

scottMO

"Yeah I'm glad they're dead and I hope they burn in Hell!"
Sorry...wrong movie.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Most unimaginative movie title ever.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2006 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not really, if you think about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting now for the monkey see monkey do idiots to start breaking snakes on passenger planes & turning them loose.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard on the radio from the writer(?) that the production company wanted to change the title.  Samuel L. told them that he only signed on because he loved the title and would quit if they changed it.  

I think it's great.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have'nt seen it, (nor will I), But I think if confronted with a plane load of snakes at 30K feet, I'd simply announce to the passengers that they should bundle up, because it's about to get Very, very cold in here. You can keep warm by stomping the shit out of cold, immobilized snakes.

I'd say we are really dragging the bottom of the barrel for movie themes...
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard on the radio from the writer(?) that the production company wanted to change the title.  Samuel L. told them that he only signed on because he loved the title and would quit if they changed it.  

I think it's great.  

I have a feeling that anything the production company came up with sounded campy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Movies like this is why I only go to the movies about four times a year.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought is was the most fun movie I have watched in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I already saw a trailer for an ultra-weak rip off called "Snakes On A Train".
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#12]
This is one of those movies that will ONLY be worth seeing in the theater.  If you rent it and watch it at home, you just miss out on what is going to make this a fun movie, unless you've got a lot of friends over.  The theater experience should be great, because everyone's celebrating a campy, stupid movie together.  But if you're watching it by yourself, what's the point?  Then it's just a dumb movie.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I heard an interview with Samuel L. Jackson this morning.  As a kid he was a ibg fan of movies like The Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Blob etc.  He took the role solely based upon the title.  He always wanted to be in one of those chintzy horror flicks.  He was saying that based upon the title there are only a few things that could happen so he knew it was for fun.  The interview was a hoot to listen too.  He did insist on keeping the title as is because that was the name of the movie he signed on to do.  A good old fashioned 50's style horror flick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree with most of you in that people will celebrate this as a crappy funny movie to watch. But me and Tso have agreed this is not worth paying for. Two tickets for Talledega Nights please, then we'll catch a showing of Snakes on a Plane. He was saying we'd get caught because they would be like hey nobody bought tickets to this showing ... what are you twodoing in here?
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I just got back... Ya its good! I will get it when it hits DVD..
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Movies like this is why I only go to the movies about four times a year.
4 times a year?  i haven't even been to a theater in about 4 years...
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well I just got back... Ya its good! I will get it when it hits DVD..

Based on previews, I never would have guessed it. Saw the preview and said WTF!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:00:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Snakes on a Plane was outstanding!  I went with fourteen of my friends to a theatre whose customers are typically college-age.  The audience was friggin hilarious.  When Samuel L. Jackson made his first appearance as a Beretta toting FBI agent, the entire place erupted with cheers.

When the second snake attack occurs in the bathroom, a guy yelled, "Quick, someone suck the poison out!" for which he received an ovation.  

The classic line of the movie, "That's it!  I have had it with these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane!" could not even be heard (or seen) as the entire theatre went apeshit.  

I was laughing uncontrollably for at least half of the movie.  

Lots of gore, some titties, lots of BOTDs.  Only guns seen were a nickel M9 (carried SOTB by Samuel L) and a Sig carried by an FBI agent on the ground.  Couldn't tell which type.

If you can see it in a crowded theatre, please do so.  You won't regret it.

It is a free-wheeling comedy/horror that KNOWS it is stupid so it doesn't let itself be cheesy.  

Hilarious.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:21:23 AM EDT
[#19]
How did the snakes get on the plane?????
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

scottMO

"Yeah I'm glad they're dead and I hope they burn in Hell!"

"Yes I think they deserved to die and I hope they burn in heeeeeeeeeeeeell!"

There, I fixed it for ya!
Sorry...wrong movie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
How did the snakes get on the plane?????

I think the plot is that there is some kind of VIP or government witness or something on the plane, and an assassin sneaks a ton of them on the plane in an attempt to kill him/her.

Seems like in reality, the plane could be on the ground in pretty short order if they needed to make an emergency landing.  I'm sure there will be some plot device that keeps them in the air.  We're going to see it tonight with some friends, so I'm hoping it's as fun a ride as I expect.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I may have to see this movie.

A snooty movie critic at a Boston TV channel who universally takes a flamethrower to most stupid movies actually used words like hilarious and exciting in her review this morning.

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Movies like this is why I only go to the movies about four times a year every decade.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#24]
AK47..When you got to kill every mutha-fuckin snake on da plane, except no substitute.

Really though, I think the name is plane Ghey!  I think that's part of everyone thinking it's going to suck.  They should have went with "airborne venom" or some shit, but Snakes on a plane...
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
.... But I think know if confronted with a plane load of snakes at 30K feet, I'd simply announce to the passengers that they should bundle up, and put on O2 because it's about to get Very, very cold in here. You can keep warm by stomping the shit out of cold, immobilized snakes.

+1 with a little help  
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I may have to see this movie.

Me too.
On the news I watch, the critic has a tendency to love the artsy fartsy crap too.
He said he hadn't had that much fun in the theatre since "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". He said that when the previews started, the audience was going "Sssss Ssss".
Said it was worth going to see just for the audience participation.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Well.. it wasn't all that bad. Jackson defintely made the movie, and if there wasn't some comedy in it.. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it that much.

I went with a girl who missed about 1/2 of the movie.. cuz she was covering her eyes so much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top