Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 10:47:23 PM EDT
...which sucked worse.  Wow what a let down on both.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, Gridlock and Crouching Intern, Hidden Cigar were WAY overrated. I thought Castaway was very much more better than those.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree they both sucked [:x*]. Watched enemy at the gates last night, now that was a fu**ing movie!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought Enemy on DVD but haven't watched it yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMO, Gridlock and Crouching Intern, Hidden Cigar were WAY overrated. I thought Castaway was very much more better than those.
View Quote

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked Traffic. Drugs, guns and hotties- what more do you want? [:)]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Watched enemy at the gates last night, now that was a fu**ing movie!
View Quote

I agree The mexican and traffic both sucked.

You call enemy at the gates a good movie? There were some cool parts, but overall it sucked ass.
It was the most unrealistic ww2 move I have ever seen. A guy jumps from a ledge and get sniped, BS. Did anyone else notice how much the snipers just walked around out in the open?? They were beggin to be killed. Personally I was really diappointed with Enemy at the Gates. They had a real opportunity to make a great war movie and fucked up like the producers of Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to agree about Enemy at the Gates being an unrealistic movie concerning sniper techniques, etc.  However, I liked the movie because I just accepted it for what it was.  Even my wife liked it, and she doesn't like movies in general.

What bothered me the most was the fact that the snipers NEVER MISSED ANYTHING THEY SHOT AT.  Not even the telephone wire....shooting a thin HORIZONTAL line is one of the most difficult shots you can make.  And, were Mozin Nagants that accurate?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And, were Mozin Nagants that accurate?
View Quote

Yes, mosin's are very accurate in the hands of a good shooter. You may be thinking of the Mauser where he shot that string when Zietsev was trying use the string to grab hi mosin. It was an impossible shot as was where he shot the guy jumping in mid-air.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You call enemy at the gates a good movie? There were some cool parts, but overall it sucked ass.
It was the most unrealistic ww2 move I have ever seen.

View Quote

well, at least we can agree here. a most unrealistic movie. haven't seen traffic or the mexican yet...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
well, if you rented that brad pitt/julia roberts POS you really have only yourself to blame. I thought Traffic was good. Not great, but worth watching- what did you want from it? Just rent Scarface again and sit still. As far as Enemy at Gates goes, I thought it was pretty good. Not great, but worth watching. Plausibility of the mid-air-kill is not so impossible. I used to bullseye womp-rats with my t-16 back home. There are two ways to hit a moving target- ambush or tracking. Tracking is where you follow your target with an appropriate lead and fire. Ambush is when you point the rifle on the line where you expect the target to cross and wait. The German knew that the Russian "leapt from building to building". He made a prediction, he waited, he made the kill. Difficult but not impossible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top