Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 12:32:00 AM EDT
So in a few days my inlaws will be here in town staying with us for about a week. Man i'm just dreading it. Their nice enough people, just not very sympathetic to my hobbies. They live in a nice little gated community in Kansas, and don't think to much about guns. I guess I just need some sympathy here. Any funny inlaw stories would also help! [:(]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Tobin,

My girlfriends mom is the same way.. Sometimes I would just like to kick her in the head when she knocks my guns.. The "Why do you need that, they kill people".. AHHHH... thud my boot up along side her noggin. For that I hate her, but she is a good cook..

I feel your pain Tobin

Chris
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have great inlaws - the best.  My father-in-law is bigtime pro-RKBA and my mother-in-law leans pro-RKBA but is a little wishy-washy on certain points.  When asked why I needed the number and type of weapons I have I told her point blank that they were for killing any mother f*cking c*ck sucking bastards who tried to harm her precious daughter, her grandchild, or myself and I wanted the best tools for the job that I could afford. I asked her how much she valued her daughter and grandson.  She wishes things "weren't that way", but she agreed with me! [^]  I always make it a point to say that fun, sporting purposes, and hobbies are VERY secondary reasons that I own weapons.

btw - I DO love her daughter.  My wife is now the type that would support open carry of full auto weapons!!  Super cute with an incredible ass too!! [:P]  She's crazy at times, like all females, but all in all - Tater did good!!

Tate
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
One nice thing I must say about them, her dad's a comercial photographer, and I can get free twinkies by the truck load!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I may take some flack for this, but for the time that they visit don't be in their face about it. Their visit is not about your guns and their views, it's about them seeing their daughter.  If you go to the range, case your firearms and go.  I'm sure you don't clean them in the living room, so don't do so just for their benefit.  You are not going to change their minds, no more than they are yours.  They will be your guests, it's up to you to try to make them comfortable and welcome.  However, if they want to get into your face about it, well it's a wide open ball field. :-)
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hey, they'll be in YOUR home. You don't have to take ANY shit.
View Quote

I'm gonna guess you're single ain't ya. Unfortunately when it's her parents, they can do just about anything they want. Yeah we talk a big game, but when its put up with a little shit for a few days or no pussy for a month, the rules change.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]
my mother in law is so fake I think she puts plastic arms and legs on in morning before she jumps in her BMW for work. now the PoS she is married to is friggin hard core drunk that thinks everyone is inferior to him. he is a little man that has napoleon complex, so he is an asshole with out alcohol. he and my mother got into it a year ago this weekend, so needles to say I haven't spoken at him in a year. this is such a strain on my marriage and needless to say its getting very old. I don't know what to do,if I make peace with him then I stab my mother in the back and if I stay away from my wife's family then im screwing my wife....jeeze this sucks
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey didn't you have a hunting trip that was planned months ago, and would have to be outta the house the entire time of their visit? I seem to recall a post about that. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I can always tell when my mother-in-law is coming for a visit.

I just go outside and look into the sky.  When I see the words [i]SURRENDER DOROTHY[/i] I know that she is on her final approach for landing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
My mother inlaw is very opinionated. She tells me when she visits our house she bites her tounge so much that it bleeds! Gotta like her humor!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top