Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:33:12 PM EDT
We had a long weekend of head-to-head matchups with our Sigs and ARs.

DAY ONE
Competition #1: Pistols (35')
Objective: knock down 6"x6" wooden blocks (5)
Result: G-man wins best of five series 3-1

Comp. #2: Pistols (35')
Objective: paper target bullseyes
Result: After four rounds of ten shots each, point totals were even. WG wins tie-break by two points.

Comp. #3: AR15s (100 yds.)
Result: After ten rounds (off-hand), thirty rounds prone (no sling), WG wins by two points.

DAY TWO
Comp. #4: AR15s (100 yds.)
Result: After forty rounds of bench-rest shooting, G-man wins by 54 points.

DAY THREE
Comp. #5: Pistols  (tactical course, various distances ranging from 40' to 20')
Objective: 2x6 approx. 6' tall standing upright with paper bullseye stapled to top representing head shots. Three stations, one @ 40' on left of target, 35' in front of target, and 20' to the right of target. Mimicks a flanking manuever which also advances on the target.
Four shots from 1st station, two from 2nd (with mag change), and four from 3rd station. Two shots from 2nd station must be head shots. No other head shots allowed. Hits on 2x6 are 1 pt. head shots are 2 pts.
Result: After four separate rounds, score is tied. WG wins tie-breaker by two points.

Comp. #6: AR15s (100 yds.)
Result: Prone position. G-man wins after forty shots by 45 pts.

Comp. #7: AR15s. (tactical- 100 yds. to 60 yds.)
Objective: paper target bullseyes. Total of 18 shots on target, 6 each from three stations. 1st station kneeling in open (100 yds.), 2nd kneeling behind cover (80 yds.), 3rd prone in open (60 yds.)
Result: WG puts 15 shots on target to G-man's 7.
WG wins by 59 pts.

Most comps were timed to insure each guy had equal times.

What an awesome weekend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Looked like a pretty close match. At least you both had fun!
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did all this take place?

Last time I looked, CT wasn't exactly neighboring SC.

Sounds like fun though.  Did Gman wear is fancy shooting jacket?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where did all this take place?

Last time I looked, CT wasn't exactly neighboring SC.

Sounds like fun though.  Did Gman wear is fancy shooting jacket?
View Quote

Cope-man....

Where ya been???? Are you going to the Boone shoot, Oct 20??? Check it our in meetings and events.

I'm an exiled CT native, who is LOVING SC.

In the interest  of full disclosure, the INITIAL plan was to put garandmans match M-1 up against Gobblins AR. Strangely, when it came time for the competition, garandmans M1 was in the shop for "conditioning." [;)]

And NO, no shooting jacket. I shot nekkid. [}:D]

But like Gobblin said, it was an AWESOME weekend. We figger some 800 rounds fired by the two of us.

Oh, and Gobblin - have you checked the barrel of your Sig?? After shooting them darned lead bullets, mine looks positively HAIRY.

Conclusion - Gobblin is the rapid fire tactical scout type. Garandman is the sniper.

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At least you both had fun!
View Quote

Quoted:
Sounds like fun though.
View Quote

Real fun during competition
is destroying your opponent's
confidence in their ability.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I found it VERY interesting that G-man's Garand was "in the shop" and unavailable for the weekend.

I have to hand it to him, G-man whipped me in two of the three slow-fire "pure" marksmanship matches (w/ARs). I won the other by a slim margin.

On the tactical side, though, I didn't loose a single match and positively destroyed him in the AR tactical match.

C'mon back G-man. We need to do this again. Perhaps you'll bring your coveted M1. Nah.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Gman,

Yea, I've been eyeballing the details of the event. Haven't checked on it the last week or so though. Don't be surprised if you happen to see me there.  I have to get revenge for that Garand Clinic match where you boxed my ears.  For some reason, after shooting that Garand match, I lost all interest in owning one.  It had to be the barrel in the particular rifle I drew. [:\]

Paybacks, buddy, Paybacks! [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top