Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2001 4:58:26 PM EDT
AR review-- Posted in AR15.com and Rec.guns

I wanted Clint of Fulton Armory to build me a rifle that was as close as possible to the M16A2 I knew in the service, while still being legal.
I got the rifle some weeks ago, but due to non-shooting related matters I am only now able to report on the gun.

Fit/finish—Great overall.
I was slightly disappointed that he used a vertical grooving on the forward assist, but not greatly so.
He used an accuwedge, which makes pulling out the back pin a real pain.
There are visible vise marks on the upper, in the finish. They are minor, and I am attempting to polish out with CLP and a rag.
The rear sight is a noticeably different color that the rest of the gun, and the elevation adjustment marks are 1-2 degrees off when viewed at 8/3.
The Jewell trigger felt good, but it had a lot of travel in the first stage, I expected less movement.
I was saddened that the bayonet lug I used to hold the military version of the gun in the air so many times was gone, but that is the Democrats' fault, not Clint’s.

Firing—Good operation overall.
With a supply of IMI 62gr greentip (1/9 twist 20” barrel as a compromise) I got between 2 ½ and 3 inches at 100 yards off front and rear bags with the iron sights when the 5-shot group felt good. Not a tack driver. Some of it is me and the iron sights, but I can go 2 inches with my M1 that Clint fixed up and factory, w/NM sights and when I feel good about the group, so I would expect to hold closer to two than three. (The M1 will go close to 1 with some hand loads it loves, and I have gone one inch groups with it, so I know I am up to it.)
I am going to buy a box each of different kinds of ammo to see if the groups tighten up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Money question--w/stripped lower I sent him, close to 1k.

If the accuacy does not pick up I will bitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top