Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 3:17:56 AM EDT
I'll start this off by saying that I have no idea what MySpace is all about or what the purpose of the site is. I do know that my fiancee's brother spends alot of time on there on my computer. Anyway, I'll get to the point.

Yesterday, I dropped a kid off at the MEPS hotel in Atlanta. In the lounge where he had to check in they had a computer with a large sign posted next to it stating that MySpace was off limits due to federal investigation.

Does anyone know what this is about?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'll start this off by saying that I have no idea what MySpace is all about or what the purpose of the site is. I do know that my fiancee's brother spends alot of time on there on my computer. Anyway, I'll get to the point.

Yesterday, I dropped a kid off at the MEPS hotel in Atlanta. In the lounge where he had to check in they had a computer with a large sign posted next to it stating that MySpace was off limits due to federal investigation.

Does anyone know what this is about?

Probably has something to do with adults being busted for creeping up on underage kids. Read some of the threads around here or look at that school teacher lady who just got busted again for trying to seduce someone she believed to be a underage teen, on myspace IIRC.

Yeah yeah, I have an account (because my real-life friends were nagging me), but I strove hard to make it the most repulsive profile so no one would add me as a friend. Bunch of mislead kids on that thing if you as me...

ETA: I second ANdy's motion that it might just be a gov. tool to keep tabs on people...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Myspace is probably just voluntary profiling...

That's why I'm a blonde girl named Alexa.

I just use the place to communicate with old friends...

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That was you??? To think of the things I did thinking of your picture

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah yeah, I have an account (because my real-life friends were nagging me), but I strove hard to make it the most repulsive profile so no one would add me as a friend. Bunch of mislead kids on that thing if you as me...

FWIW, you can't even browse for profiles of kids who are under the age of 18.  Most people on Myspace are 18-30.  I'm sure there are plenty of predators out there, but it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.  The vast majority of folks on Myspace are there to keep in touch with family and friends, and occasionally meet new people.  Reading about Myspace on Arfcom is like reading about AR's on DU.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FWIW, you can't even browse for profiles of kids who are under the age of 18.  Most people on Myspace are 18-30.  I'm sure there are plenty of predators out there, but it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.  The vast majority of folks on Myspace are there to keep in touch with family and friends, and occasionally meet new people.  Reading about Myspace on Arfcom is like reading about AR's on DU.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Myspace has been getting a lot of bad press lately.  And I have to admit, the main reason I even like it even a little bit is because there are 3-4 really hot girls I know who post pics of themselves there and update them.  But I dont really participate in or put my photos and whatnot up on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]
no, they arnt... they have done nothing wrong...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im suprised he didnt whip out the dgal wit ds beams
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top