Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:33:03 AM EDT
Are we seeing the creation of a future American workforce which will be capable of competeing in the future marketplace, through the illegal alien amnesty program?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No, the reason they are cheap is because they are illegal.  

If you have a choice between a (illegal, but now legal) immigrant with none or little education or  someone who hase a HS diploma and is a real citizen, and they both cost the same to employ.  Who are you going to hire?

Any advantage the illegals had in getting jobs will cease to exist if suddenly they have to get paid more and get insurance and what not.  

It's possible that Amnesty could ruin the illegal market place.  Resulting in millions of illegals without jobs.  Now that there is no benefit to them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, but I can't help but see a very cheap source of labor which is very easy to control.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you have a choice between a (illegal, but now legal) immigrant with none or little education or  someone who hase a HS diploma and is a real citizen, and they both cost the same to employ.  Who are you going to hire?

Any advantage the illegals had in getting jobs will cease to exist if suddenly they have to get paid more and get insurance and what not.  

It's possible that Amnesty could ruin the illegal market place.  Resulting in millions of illegals without jobs.  Now that there is no benefit to them.

AND THEN THEY WOULD FUCKING LEAVE.  Sounds like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AND THEN THEY WOULD FUCKING LEAVE.  Sounds like a good idea to me.

Well, they may stop coming, but I doubt that very many of the ones already here would leave. They would find someone willing to hire them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top