Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 10:22:01 AM EDT
how do you turn it off after you change the oil?

it came on changed the oil and can not find a reset button got it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine says turn ignition on without starting.  Press gas petal 5 times to the floor in 5-10 seconds and the light should flash several times to indicate it has reset and then go out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mine says turn ignition on without starting.  Press gas petal 5 times to the floor in 5-10 seconds and the light should flash several times to indicate it has reset and then go out.

+1

i hate computers
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]
it worked thanks.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i hate computers

Then you're going to love what it wants you to do in order to reset the 60K mile service light:

1. Turn on radio, windshield wipers, and left turn signal.
2. Honk horn 3 times.
3. Jump up and down on passenger seat twice (passenger seat is equipped with an airbag defeat sensor).
4. Simultaneously push the driver's and passenger's power window "DOWN" switches. Note: Do not use the driver's side controls (which are reserved for defeating the "TOW/HAUL" mode on the automatic transmission), but instead use the switches on each door of the vehicle. (It helps to have a passenger assist you in this process: "Three, two, one...press".)
5. Remove gas cap (emissions system is equipped with a gas tank pressure relief sensor).
6. Set parking brake, insert key in ignition to unlock steering column, move gearshift to "L2" position, and repeatedly stomp on throttle pedal while hollering "Raaaaooom! Raaaaaaaaaooooom!".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top