Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 11:06:19 AM EDT

I have a question.  I have a shotgun (that is mine.. I own it) that is at my parents' house down south.  I want them to ship it to me up in PA.  Do I have to ship it through an FFL?  

What's the legalities of this?  It's not being transfered from one owner to another.  It's mine.  Any links to help me out?

Thanx!

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You can ship it to yourself in care of another person for hunting or any other lawful activity. It should be addressed to the owner.

You can also transport it with your other household goods when you move, either by including them in your cargo or shipping.

Linky.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanx sister,

What if I'm already up in PA and I want my parents to do the shipping?  Still legit?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanx sister,

What if I'm already up in PA and I want my parents to do the shipping?  Still legit?

Nope.

Only YOU can ship a firearm to YOURSELF.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top