Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:36:58 AM EDT

...predicting the "elimination" of the Jewish state.

They are just begging for Israel to attack and I hope they do.

HH

==============================================================

Iran's leaders launch vitriolic assault on Israel, US
Apr 14 11:51 AM US/Eastern

Iran's hardline leaders launched a string of vitriolic attacks against the United States and Israel, voicing "serious doubts" over the Holocaust and predicting the "elimination" of the Jewish state.

The Islamic republic's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, also used a pro-Palestinian conference in Tehran to rally support from Islamic nations for the cash-strapped, Hamas-led Palestinian government.

"The Zionist regime is an injustice and by its very nature a permanent threat," firebrand President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told the gathering of regime officials, visiting Palestinian militant leaders and foreign sympathizers.

"Whether you like it or not, the Zionist regime is on the road to being eliminated," said Ahmadinejad, whose regime does not recognize Israel and who drew international condemnation last year when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

But unfazed by his critics in Europe and Washington -- who are also piling the pressure on Iran over its disputed nuclear drive -- the hardliner went on to repeat his controversial stance on the Holocaust.

"If there is serious doubt over the Holocaust, there is no doubt over the catastrophe and Holocaust being faced by the Palestinians," said the president, who had previously dismissed as a "myth" the killing of an estimated six million Jews by the Nazis and their allies during World War II.

"I tell the governments who support Zionism to ... let the migrants (Jews) return to their countries of origin. If you think you owe them something, give them some of your land," he said.

In his speech, Ayatollah Khamenei accused the United States of conspiring against his country, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon in order to place the entire region under Israeli control.

"The plots by the American government against Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon aimed at governing the Middle East with the control of the Zionist regime will not succeed," Iran's all-powerful leader said.

"If, by accident, the American government saw reason, it would respect the wish of the Iraqi people to form its government, respect the Palestinian government, free the prisoners of Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib, cease the conspiracy (and) not create tension in the Persian Gulf region," he said.

The supreme leader also issued a thinly veiled appeal for Muslim countries to help the Hamas-led Palestinian government following a decision by the United States and European Union to suspend aid.

"The Islamic world cannot remain indifferent and silent to tyranny," he asserted.

"Your martyrs are our martyrs. Your pain is our pain," he said of the Palestinians. "Islamic nations have the duty to help you in every possible way, and help you along this blessed path."
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]

nuke. from. orbit.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I say they should let Iran have the nukes.  Cause We sure as hell have more of them some of them just need to be put back together.

And then if/when Iran sets one off we and who ever wishes to join us can whipe them off the face of the earth with a mass bombardment.

But then what does my opinion matter to world leaders.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
*devils advocate*

Relax my western friend. Islam is the Religion of peace. You can trust us to run the middle east. The planet's oil supplies are safe with us. Those people that we paid to strap explosives to themselves were not true muslims. We like MC Donalds and Blockbuster video. We are your friends.  Pay no attention to the bulge under my jacket.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah this whole Iran deal has me scratching my head.Honestly, why are they trying to provoke an attack so bad?

Does he think that that major airstrikes by us and the Israelis are going to unite the region or something?

Or is he just totally fucking stupid???
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder, right after he see's the very bright flash, before the shockwave hits him, whether he'll have time to shit himself or not.  

When, Lord, WHEN???
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah this whole Iran deal has me scratching my head.Honestly, why are they trying to provoke an attack so bad?

Does he think that that major airstrikes by us and the Israelis are going to unite the region or something?

because their greatest honor is to die in conflict with the non-believers. hell, they even get 72 virgins when they do.

this is why it is so dangerous for iran to have nukes. the second they have em, they'll use 'em. and the worst case scenario for them [we turn their stink-hole into glass], they go to paradise.

during the cold war we were all safe because, at the end of the day, the russians wanted to be alive too. MAD kept us all safe. it ain't the same now...

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]
" I have a dream "

No more middle east.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

because their greatest honor is to die in conflict with the non-believers. hell, they even get 72 virgins when they do.

this is why it is so dangerous for iran to have nukes. the second they have em, they'll use 'em. and the worst case scenario for them [we turn their stink-hole into glass], they go to paradise.

during the cold war we were all safe because, at the end of the day, the russians wanted to be alive too. MAD kept us all safe. it ain't the same now...

Quite right bullyforyou, quite right.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Isn't it just possible that they're MUCH further down the road to having nukes than they want the world to believe?  This could explain why he's begging for Israel to come and blow him up.  IF Iran has nukes, then their retaliation at Tel Aviv and Jerusalem could be realized.

He's talking awfully big without having the means to back himself up....

HH
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Isn't it just possible that they're MUCH further down the road to having nukes than they want the world to believe?  This could explain why he's begging for Israel to come and blow him up.  IF Iran has nukes, then their retaliation at Tel Aviv and Jerusalem could be realized.

HH

Once they have enough material it will take 16 days to assembly a nuke.

Still wondering if their nuke will work at all, or will it react similar to the Pakistan test which more like fizzled wasting lots of materal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HH

Once they have enough material it will take 16 days to assembly a nuke.

Still wondering if their nuke will work at all, or will it react similar to the Pakistan test which more like fizzled wasting lots of materal.

Good point.  I'm also thinking that they don't necessarily have to have a missile delivery system yet.  They could easily enlist Hamas to deliver it in a truck.

HH
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#13]
So here's another Saddam wanna be.  We all know how this story ends
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The smallest dog barks the most.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Neutron Bomb
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

In their own twisted version of reality, it's a brilliant plan.

While they're in the process of spinning up enough material to build a bomb, he's talking all kinds of
trash, trying to goad the U.S. or Israel into a (to his point of view) unprovoked attack, which we would
view as a pre-emptive. Either way, if we or Israel attack first, with "no provocation against the innocent"
nation of Iran, he's a winner in the eyes of the Muslim world, and the court of world opinion.

If they get their bomb, he still wins, as the Muslims now have a nuke, and as bullyforyou has stated,
there's nothing more noble than for 'the faithful' to die in battle against the evil Infidels. He'll use
it, or try to, on Israel or 'The Great Satan"'s troops, and either way, he still wins in the eyes of the
Muslim community, as a martyr for jihad, and again, gets the entire region fired up.

(Even overlooking the 'minor' inconvenience of the matter of fallout from a strike anywhere on Israel
will be heading into neighboring fellow-Muslim countries.... )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top