Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:18:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg is 5-40.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanx!

When installing this, how do I time it to line up correctly?  And should I use blue Loctite?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The threads should already be regulated to position the sight correctly, but Mossberg is notorious for having some pretty "abstract" tollerences. Be prepared to coerce it with pressure (but not too much lest you crack the tritium vial) or conversely, be prepared to use blue loctite should the hole be too broad.

Assuming the threads are right, i'd use red loctite. There should be enough grip on the threads themselves to keep it on snug, red loctite would be an extra measure while still being a tad more forgiving should you ever have to replace it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanx!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Too much pressure might also strip or shear the threaded post. Proceed with caution! A drop of blue loc tite is a good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top