Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 9:06:24 PM EDT
I got my post-ban tele-stock in the mail today.  I heard that they are supposed to come with a standard rifle a2 stock buffer.  However, the buffer that shipped with my stock is rather small and looks like a pre-ban buffer.  Whats the story here?  What is a post-ban tele-stock buffer supposed to look like? and what would happen if I put a pre-ban buffer in a post-ban tele-stock and then placed it into a post-ban carbine? hehe
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone???
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
and what would happen if I put a pre-ban buffer in a post-ban tele-stock and then placed it into a post-ban carbine? hehe
Thanks
View Quote

You'd go to jail for a long, long time.

Just kidding, AFAIK there is no such thing as a 'pre-ban' or 'post-ban' buffer.  I've seen several different buffers, and I don't see why either a a2 buffer or a buffer out of a true collasping stock would not work with your stock.  So it should work either way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have the "short buffer", it is a select fire part and the ATF will charge you with possession of an unregistered machinegun if you get caught.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Bullshit Imbroglio...

I meant what will happen as far as mechanics go!  Will the rifle function normally with the short pre-ban buffer?  I suppose I could always use my a2 buffer in the telestock anyway... right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know how those preban telescoping stocks are set up but the preban tele.'s need the shorter becasue of the shorter buffer tube.  If they are truely setup to mimic the tele.'s you witll need the short buufer in stock or you may run into problems with cycling because of not have full range of movement for the bolt.  Best idea would be check with a gunshop or gunsmith that is knowledgeable in the area or have them take a look at it and get their advice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The buffer length on my pre-ban Car15 is 3 1/4 inches, and the inner length of the buffer tube from the back wall to the retainer pin is 7 inches. I'd say that if your equivalent dimensions are more or less the same, you're OK.
By the way anyone who tells you that the buffer is a"full Auto" part is either pulling your leg or needs to learn more about ARs before they post anything. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Drop a rod or something down the buffer tube.  If the tube runs the full length of the stock, you need the regular buffer, if its short, use the carbine buffer.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The "Collapsable stock and the "Fixed Collapsable Stock" use the same buffer and spring which are different than the A2 Stock. I have all three configurations of stocks. If I remember right the A2 Stock has a longer spring and different buffer.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Crowboy... I saw that in the catalog and thats why I grew concerned... but having never taken my a2 stock apart, I have never seen the length of a regular a2 buffer...
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Haven't installed it yet because i'm in FL visiting my folks... I go home in two days... I'll install it then.  
I got it from a company in FL called Gun Smoke Enterprises.  It is manufactured by Rock River... ITs the same model that Bushmaster has pictured in their catalog...

Frankly, I don't see why it would matter if I do have the regular short pre-ban tele-stock buffer... I mean it would have to function properly when the non-fixed stock was fully extended... so why wouldn't it work in the fully extended fixed position...correct???

Also, maybe I should keep the short buffer just to have and use the buffer in my a2 stock... any opinions???
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm embarassed to ask this but can you please explain exactly what it is that the buffer does... I know it has something to do with the cycling...
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top