Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 6:28:09 PM EDT
IIRC, If you join the French Foreign Legion, you learn French, get a high school education.  If you honorably discharged after your service (eight years?) you are automatically a French citizen.

Seems like a reasonable option for the US and our southern neighbor......at least for part of the problem.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!  Send them to France!  Awsome idea.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent! All illegals report to Paris at once! Be sure to bring your own blanco flag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
How about if you are here illegally, you are deported or drafted?  Fighting for this country is probably the greatest way to learn respect for the country.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I think as an option it's a great idea.  But between deportation and enlistment it's not much of  a choice.

I wouldn't want to see the military get flooded with unwilling soldiers.  It'd be as bad for safety and morale as a draft.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wouldn't want to see the military get flooded with unwilling soldiers.  It'd be as bad for safety and morale as a draft.

They could be cooks and cargo handlers. Just the grunt work. Don't even give 'em a gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
So it'd be like blacks in the navy back in WW2
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:27:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Rome did the same thing.

The barbarians then destroyed Rome from the inside.

Bad Idea.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
We already have programs where you can become a citizen by serving in the military, don't we?
The tought part is that you can't immigrate illegally to do it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They could be cooks and cargo handlers. Just the grunt work. Don't even give 'em a gun.

Someone fucking up the food would probably be more damaging to morale than some dumb fuck trying something with a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top