Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 12:42:36 PM EDT
Foxnews news yesterday had a live report from one of the demonstrations on illegals.

The reporter said his thing and then said they are most upset about the criminalization of illegal entry

WTF
If it is illegal, it should already be criminal
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of ILLEGAL Immigrant don't they understand
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"...uuhh they might be unlawful aliens but otherwise lawful citizens."

-Alberto Gonzales during his confirmation hearing for the position of United States Attorney General.

Yeah, we're fucked.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

-Alberto GONZALES  

There's the keyword in this quote.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Alberto GONZALES  

Which is it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sneak into Mexico and get caught sometime and make the same claim with Fox.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Alberto GONZALES  

Which is it?

The word that wasn't initially CAPITALIZED.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What part of ILLEGAL Immigrant don't they understand

Apparently, the English part.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm otherwise lawful.  Does that let me off the hook officer?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Pic I took from Monday's march:

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]
what does "ilegal" mean?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I just want EITHER - OR.

Either, we control the border and start mass deportations and penaltys for employers.

Or ,we disband the Border Patrol ,to save money, and keep these people from having to sneak across the desert. Let them just use the highway. We could use the money that we were spending on the Border patrol to hire Spanish teachers.

I just think that its crazy to pretend to guard the border, then after crossing some imaginary "safe" line, offer people jobs. WTF?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Its not "ilegal to be ilegal"?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just want EITHER - OR.

Either, we control the border and start mass deportations and penaltys for employers.

Or ,we disband the Border Patrol ,to save money, and keep these people from having to sneak across the desert. Let them just use the highway. We could use the money that we were spending on the Border patrol to hire Spanish teachers.

I just think that its crazy to pretend to guard the border, then after crossing some imaginary "safe" line, offer people jobs.
WTF?

I never thought of that. +1
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'll rob a bank.  After all it may be illegal but it's not criminal.  Anybody else need some spending cash?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Im not even going to comment on this topic.  This gets my blood boiling!!!!  Im not racist by any means, but if you arent here legally then YOU SHOULD HAVE NO RIGHTS!!!  Bottom line.  AND SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, i guess i did comment.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The reporter was correct. Illegal immigration is a CIVIL violation, not a CRIMINAL one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It is still agains the law.  Illegal=against the law.  No matter if it is a civil infraction or a criminal one.  

Lets say it another way.  Illegal is the exact opposite of legal.  Legal is ok, illegal is not ok........get it..

No hablas espanol, so SPEAK ENGLISH!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Illegal immigration is a criminal offense it is illegal hence the Name
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The reporter was correct. Illegal immigration is a CIVIL violation, not a CRIMINAL one.

Malum prohibitum, not malum in se.

It's just a public order (i.e. "victimless") crime; I don't see what the big deal is.

If it's just a public order crime, I don't think it should be a crime.

Hence, I should get all the weed and NFA weapons I want!

Hold on, there's someone knocking on my door; oh, wait - they're actually *not* knocking on my door!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Illegal immigration is a criminal offense it is illegal hence the Name

Um, No. Illegal means a violation of the law. Criminal means a violation of the criminal law.

Immigrating to the US without permission is a CIVIL law violation. Hence it is illegal, but not criminal.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
There's a big difference. A criminal breaks the law and an illegal is a sick bird!!!

Thank you! Cleveland rocks! Tip your waitresses! I'm Juggernaut bitch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top