Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 9:48:01 AM EDT
so I'm not getting any answers over at the AK forum so I'll post it here where there is a lot more traffic.

1) will the AK74 folding stock fit on my stamped romainian AK47 rifle? (the triangle style)

2) what is THE  best recoil brake for the AK47, for faster follow up shots?

3) what is the best tactical magazine carrier for 30rders both chest and thigh rigs?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
#1  Not without modifications, unless you go with the abomination that Kvar sells.

#2  standard slant brake  in my opinion

#3 the CHICOM chest pouch. P.S. there is one up for sale on the EE right now
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Stock will require mods to rec. You will need a gunsmith to do.
The wire type sidefolder is easy to install on your own. Two 5mm machine screws and you are all set.

The standard AK74 brake is probably about as good as it gets but is very loud and won't do much for flash suppression.  Slant brake is okay.
From what I hear from guys it really doesn't matter for semi-auto fire with the AK. I'm not sure that makes sense but that is the way it is.
Midwest Armory is selling an AR style FH for AKs so that might be something to look into. Not sure if the have one for 5.45 though.

No help on question 3.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top