Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:15 PM EDT
Was driving by my old middle school, and I saw them putting "Arab History Month" on the announcements board outside the school.

Arab History Month, what's that? Their brave history of killing innocent people and flying jets into buildings?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
im still waiting for White History Month, but that would be racist

ETA
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL

Tag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

To be technical, that sir would be every other month...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got to be brutally honest here; this is a sign of how far we have fallen. Would you have seen a "German History Month" during WWI or WWII? "Korean History Month" during the Korean War?

Nope.

Yet we cakewalk around the fact that the Mohammedians are butchering savages.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

February: Black History Month

March: Women's History Month

April: Arab History Month

May: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month

June: Gay & Lesbian Pride Month

September: Jewish History Month

Sept-Oct: Hispanic Heritage Month

October: Disability Awareness Month
October: Gay & Lesbian History Month

November: American Indian Heritage Month

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want to explain that theory?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

Your calender sucks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

Your calender sucks.

That's racist.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Arab History Month! Oh, goody! Whose head are we going to chop off?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

Your calender sucks.

That's racist.

So is your calender.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

Your calender sucks.

That's racist.

So is your calender.

It's not his calendar.  It is the current calendar being circulated by Corporate Appologist America.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#15]
So - Let me get this straight.

Arabs are going to become history this month?

Is this because of all the terrorism and stuff?

Don't tease me. This is great news.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]
ibtl
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Jewish History Month?

But I thought we couldn’t read the Bible in schools anymore…
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... nope.

Your calender sucks.

That's racist.

So is your calender.

It's not his calendar.  It is the current calendar being circulated by Corporate Appologist America.

The calender comments were tongue in cheek. I know it's not his personal calender that observes these "history months".  I said it sucked because of the apoligist pc BS it represents.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I've got to be brutally honest here; this is a sign of how far we have fallen. Would you have seen a "German History Month" during WWI or WWII? "Korean History Month" during the Korean War?

If we were at war with all Arabs, you'd have a much stronger case...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually I cant think of anything they "invented" or discovered! Either it was invented by the Greeks or Romans or Indians Chinese or Egyptians (pre-islam) or what ever. WE euros had the Roman and Greek Culture for 1500 years then it collapsed then we had a Rennaisance. I seriously can't think of one thing! Not eating pork? Nope. Jews did that first. Inventing the "arabic numerals?" Nope, Turns out they copied the Idea from the Indian civilisation. Cutting off womens clits? Nope, that tradition pre-dates Islam. Uh, Algebra? wrong again, The greeks did the most in that field. OH I GOT IT! Killing Infidels, they GOTTA be the ones who started that right? AW dammit! In 330 AD Emperor Constantine ordered that all pagans be forced to convert or die. IS there nothing? Oh wait....Slavery? Naw! that goes waay back, they are just the only ones that still practice it today. Confusing i tells ya. DOnt worry if it takes me all day i'll find something!!
PS- Oh wait i got it! Suiscide bombers? Oh Crap! the Japanese Kamakazie  were before them! oh well, I'll keep at it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]
FUCK ALL YOUR MONTHS. I dont give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Jewish History Month?

Only Christians are forbidden display their religion openly. Everyone else is ok.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got to be brutally honest here; this is a sign of how far we have fallen. Would you have seen a "German History Month" during WWI or WWII? "

If we were at war with all Arabs, you'd have a much stronger case...

We were never at war with all Germans.

But while at war with militarisitic fanatics who led a lot of the world's Germans... it would have been insane for us to have a "German History Month" during that time.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#24]

What a bunch of fucking dumbasses.
Read it and weep you stupid fucks - thread for the morons who can't tell Arab from Muslim
How many times do I have to say this?
Arab and Muslim do not equal the same thing.
I still think Arab history month is a silly thing, as is black history month, mexican, transgendered, cojoined fetus syndrome history month, what have you.
But you guys take the fucking cake!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jewish History Month?

Only Christians are forbidden display their religion openly. Everyone else is ok.

Because there are only two types of people in the US, regarding knowledge of Christianity:

1) Those that are Christian, and therefore already know about it.
2) Those that aren't Christian, and are tired as hell of always hearing about it no matter where they go to in the US.

The same cannot be said about 2) when talking about other religions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What a bunch of fucking dumbasses.
Read it and weep you stupid fucks - thread for the morons who can't tell Arab from Muslim
How many times do I have to say this?
I still think Arab history month is a silly thing, as is black history month, mexican, transgendered, cojoined fetus syndrome history month, what have you.
But you guys take the fucking cake!

If Muslim = Arab, then I guess I am Arab, although I am from German and French descent
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. We are just a larger part of history. It was after all, whites who colonized, documented and recorded most of history. The primary exceptions being the first civilizations such as Mesopotamia and Egypt.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really. We are just a larger part of history. It was after all, whites who colonized, documented and recorded most of history. The primary exceptions being the first civilizations such as Mesopotamia and Egypt.

Shh...you'll upset the inmates.
They think nothing ever came out of the Middle East besides oil and Muslim fanatics.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shh...you'll upset the inmates.
They think nothing ever came out of the Middle East besides oil and Muslim fanatics.

Don't mention to them that Christianity came from the region as well, and you have to thank the Arabs for atleast one thing: without them, we would not have any of the works of Euclid, Aristotle, Plato,etc.; the Arabs preserved all of the old texts, and were the first people west of East Asia to continue scientific endeavors after the Roman empire.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I already reserved the time slot mentioned for my other recognition of intolerant violence.  It's called "Slam a sack of kittens against a wall month"  That's about as much appreciation for violence as I can stomache.\

Maybe next year?

ETA: If an Arab isn't a muslim, than I guess my statement above really doesn't apply.  So don't go jumping down my throat about the differences there.  Either way, I'm still sticking w/ the kittens routine.

Sly
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Yes they do.

Mohamedianism is an Arab religion; their books are required to be in ARABIC.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

2) Those that aren't Christian, and are tired as hell of always hearing about it no matter where they go to in the US.

right ..  

of course...  i see christians all the time forcing thier relgion on  others and cuting the heads off of those that will not convert...  yup  see it all the time
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nope.

Yet we cakewalk around the fact that the Mohammedians are butchering savages.

Nice fucking wide brush you got there.

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Lets not rewrite history about what Arab Muslims have given the world. They werent always running around blowing each other up.

Muslim and African science and medicine dragged europe kicking and screaming out of the the dark ages. Muslim Arabs were the most advanced civilization in the world at one time and we all benefited from their advances...

I barely lived through 9/11, but I am still able to understand and acknowledge Muslim contributions.

Though...modern islam (oxymoron) is pretty messed up and mecca should be nuked to tell people the USA doesnt fuck around...Dont tread on us...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#35]
You know what, I'll say it.  Call me racist.  There's black history month, Cinco de Mayo, don't get me started on Juneteenth.  Where the holy hell is white something or other?  MLK's b day is a three day weekend!  WTF!  And what's up with all the spanish billboards and coupons.  Hell, it's on the flipping products you buy at the grocery store now.  I have to hunt for the English translation.  HELLO!  Nobody spoke german when my grandpa came over here!  HE sucked it up and learned the damn language!  Just grrrrr!  Because I'm pretty sure I'll get banned for more.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Yes they do.

Mohamedianism is an Arab religion; their books are required to be in ARABIC.

I'm sure you are qualified to speak on the matter.
Mohammed was an Arab, yes.
The revelations (wether true or not, just bear with me) he recieved from God were in Arabic.
He ordered that the Qu'ran never be translated - this insures that the Muslims message today is the same that it was more than 500 years ago.
None of the problems we have in christianity, with different Bibles having slightly different wording which changes the entire meaning of the passage (e.g. shalt not kill/shalt not murder)
All muslims are required to know enough arabic to read the Q'uran.

Saying Islam is an Arab religion is like saying Christianity is a white religion.
The only people who make those claims are the ignorant.
Islam makes no distinction as to race, nor does Christianity.

Besides, if Islam was an Arab religion, then wouldn't it be comprised of mostly Arabs?
Here's a clue - the ethnic group which makes up the majority of Muslims, ain't Arabs.
Educate Yourself
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You know what, I'll say it.  Call me racist.  There's black history month, Cinco de Mayo, don't get me started on Juneteenth.  Where the holy hell is white something or other?  MLK's b day is a three day weekend!  WTF!  And what's up with all the spanish billboards and coupons.  Hell, it's on the flipping products you buy at the grocery store now.  I have to hunt for the English translation.  HELLO!  Nobody spoke german when my grandpa came over here!  HE sucked it up and learned the damn language!  Just grrrrr!  Because I'm pretty sure I'll get banned for more.

I dont really read much into it like some people. Being from NYC there are tons of eurocentric cultural events to go along with events from other people. I think events like black history month just get more press.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Saying Islam is an Arab religion is like saying Christianity is a white religion.

Technically Christianity is a Jew religion, and Jews of Christ's era were Middle Eastern/Arabic and African in appearance. The only real Europeans in that region at the time were Romans.

Many modern day Jews have no direct lines to biblical jews, and are in fact converts from Jew migrations to Europe after Nero drove the jews out of Israel

Notice that modern Jews arent called Jews. They refer to themselves as "jewish" meaning Jew-like.

Boyish meaning like a boy
Jewish meaning like a Jew

To get even more technical a Christian is nothing more than a Jew that believes the Messiah has come, so if you are a Christian that doesnt observe Jew law and traditions, you arent observing Christ's beliefs correctly

Matthew 5:17-18
17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Technically Christianity is a Jew religion, and Jews of Christ's era were Middle Eastern/Arabic and African in appearance. The only real Europeans in that region at the time were Romans.

Many modern day Jews have no direct lines to biblical jews, and are in fact converts from Jew migrations to Europe after Nero drove the jews out of Israel

Notice that modern Jews arent called Jews. They refer to themselves as "jewish" meaning Jew-like.

Boyish meaning like a boy
Jewish meaning like a Jew

To get even more technical a Christian is nothing more than a Jew that believes the Messiah has come, so if you are a Christian that doesnt observe Jew law and traditions, you arent observing Christ's beliefs correctly

Matthew 5:17-18
17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

I respectfully disagree.
Christ admonished those who thought that by following the Law, they would get to paradise.
What about work on the Sabbeth?
Do we not see in Scripture how the Pharisees attempt to catch Christ in a trap?
Christ works miracles on Sabbeth, and explained that the Letter of the Law did not matter, but the Spirit of the Law.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Personally I think our public schools should work on American history more and quit worrying about the minority/subset of the month.

Some of the kids that graduate high school these days have the mental capacity of a crowbar.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Was driving by my old middle school, and I saw them putting "Arab History Month" on the announcements board outside the school.

Why a whole month? Arab culture was pretty advanced until year 1100 but at that time someone switched off the light and it has been dark ever since.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:09:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I think September should have been Arab History Month.  With September 11th being a day off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jewish History Month?

Because there are only two types of people in the US, regarding knowledge of Christianity:

There are many of us that are sick of Islam as well. And the nation was founded by Christians, you would expect to see Christian symbols around the place. But enjoy yourself, we will not throw you in jail or burn your book for your choice of worship.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jewish History Month?

There are many of us that are sick of Islam as well. And the nation was founded by Christians, you would expect to see Christian symbols around the place. But enjoy yourself, we will not throw you in jail or burn your book for your choice of worship.

1) Christmas is a holiday.
2) I see lots of churches
3) In God We Trust on our currency
4) "One Nation Under God..."
5) The White House holds an Easter egg hunt.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jewish History Month?

1) Christmas is a holiday.Yeah, but lets face it, it is mainly a secular holiday anymore
2) I see lots of churchesyeah, and I see lots of mosques and synagogues, etc so what
3) In God We Trust on our currency
4) "One Nation Under God..."
5) The White House holds an Easter egg hunt.Thats true, I forgot about the magical egg distributing bunny in the bible

As for the others...they are old traditions...personally I say that is the way this country was founded. The saying isn't "In God We Trust, Fuck All the Others". If you don't like it, please leave...if you are mulsim and don't like....Please, Please, get the fuck out.

islam's goal is to make the world islamic...I won't go without a fight....and lets face it...they are using "Arab" history month in a clever pretext so as not to have to say "muslim" history month. They want to brainwash out kids with the usual crap about muslim history and the RoP myth...instead of the truth. They should show the video of what happened on 9/11 to teach the children about our peaceful friends....tell them about how our peaceful friends would like to make most of them orphans, since mommy and daddy don't follow the words of a pedophile lunatic...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#46]

So...Today's Arab History Month.

Does that month last ALL DAY today?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*Cough*

After wiping out most other significant civilizations...

*Cough*
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*Cough*

After wiping out most other significant civilizations...

*Cough*

If they got wiped out, they weren't very significant weren't they?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]

He ordered that the Qu'ran never be translated - this insures that the Muslims message today is the same that it was more than 500 years ago.

And ensued that Mohammedianism would forever remain an Arab religion, forever locked in the 7th Century.

None of the problems we have in christianity

Oh, you mean like the Protestant Reformation, and various other things which Mohammedianism has never experienced?

Really. Then why are the majority of Islamic Mosques all over the world funded by Saudi Arabia and other shithole Arab countries; who export their Arab imans all over the world.

Islam makes no distinction as to race, nor does Christianity.

Ah but it does. Ever hear of "Dar el Islam", and "Dar el Harb"?

Ever hear about the massive rape epidemic in Norway by Moslems against non-moslems?

Ever notice that Moslems say one thing in English for the Dhimmi, and then say something completely different when they are with Moslems?

Besides, if Islam was an Arab religion, then wouldn't it be comprised of mostly Arabs?
Here's a clue - the ethnic group which makes up the majority of Muslims, ain't Arabs.

Then why is it we see Arab imans all over the world at Islamic schools?

Educate Yourself

No, you need to be educated. I highly suggest you find and read

"ISLAM AND THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE MUSULMAN"

Published in 1922 in France, and translated into English in 1924.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#50]
To elucidate:

Linka

As Robert Spencer has demonstrated, rape can indeed be linked to Islamic teachings of Jihad, and even to the example of Muhammad himself, his Sunna. Above all, it is connected to Islamic notions of the role of women in society, and their behaviour in the public sphere. An Islamic Mufti in Copenhagen sparked a political outcry after publicly declaring that women who refuse to wear headscarves are "asking for rape."

Rape charges in the capital are spiraling upwards, 40 percent higher from 1999 to 2000 and up 13 percent so far this year. Police Inspector Gunnar Larsen of Oslo's Vice, Robbery and Violent crime division says the statistics are surprising - the rising number of rape cases and the link to ethnic background are both clear trends. But Larsen does not want to speculate on the reasons behind the worrying developments. While 65 percent of those charged with rape are classed as coming from a non-western background, this segment makes up only 14.3 percent of Oslo's population. Norwegian women were the victims in 80 percent of the cases, with 20 percent being women of foreign background.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top