Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:27:29 PM EDT
We have six employed OB/GYNs in our hospital.  I am one of them.

Notice came from above and 3 of them got axed today.

Myself and the two others got called in to the CEOs office last week so we knew we were safe but we were not allowed to tell the other three.

Basically they are going to downsize and see the same amounts of patients with less docs.  I actually get a raise out of this.  But damn, talk about sweating bullets.  Admittedly the other three are pretty nonproductive and not very hard working.  Lazy and a sense of entitlement are not bad descriptions.

Just a reminder corporate America is not what it used to be.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Doc,

I recently saw a "KEEP THE GOVT. OUT OF OUR VAGINAS" bumper sticker at the college. I wonder if there is a movement to keep people out of them

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, you're just going to have to do quickies now. No more playing around for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
you get to play with cats most of the day

will you throw in a few stitches if the husband asks you to?

After my buddys wife got a c-section on their last kid he asked the doc to throw in a few stitches down their, he did not think it was to funny.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...

So instead of 6docs for say, 120pts....

Theres 3 for 120.  

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How big a raise?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

After my buddys wife got a c-section on their last kid he asked the doc to throw in a few stitches down their, he did not think it was to funny.

Now here is a kicker.

There is a huge Arab community in Detroit.  Some of the docs are getting, $1500 to sew the hymen back up.

I am talking something that literally takes 5 minutes under local to do.  

If I could do couple a day, I would retire.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm...

Theres 3 for 120.  

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How big a raise?

Almost a third of my base pay.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Myself and the two others got called in to the CEOs office last week so we knew we were safe but we were not allowed to tell the other three.

Basically they are going to downsize and see the same amounts of patients with less docs.  I actually get a raise out of this.  But damn, talk about sweating bullets.  Admittedly the other three are pretty nonproductive and not very hard working.  Lazy and a sense of entitlement are not bad descriptions.

All that liberal dispensing of Valium must have paid off....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now here is a kicker.

There is a huge Arab community in Detroit.  Some of the docs are getting, $1500 to sew the hymen back up.

Is it ok to 'pork' a Muslim?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I can only imagine your stress level will go up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now here is a kicker.

A nickles worth of  "Saran Wrap" $1500 cash and she's a good as new.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Well if they are lazy and unproductive can you blame management for shit canning them?

I mean if I was lazy and unproductive my manager would can my ass. Medicene should work the same.

Don't feel bad, just keep being the best Doc you can be.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now here is a kicker.

So, are you implying that Mohammed's Virgin wife wasn't really a virgin on her wedding night?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Admittedly the other three are pretty nonproductive and not very hard working. Lazy and a sense of entitlement are not bad descriptions.

You mean letting them go this long before axing or not axing the dead wood?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So man I've got to ask... Do you EVER get tired of looking at it?

always wanted to ask that question...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well if they are lazy and unproductive can you blame management for shit canning them?

I mean if I was lazy and unproductive my manager would can my ass. Medicene should work the same.

Don't feel bad, just keep being the best Doc you can be.

No kidding.

One of the lady doc was seeing like 10 patients a day and would take the rest of the day off.

The other one was using her laser and other equipment to do her family for free.

The thing is that they were benefit leeches.  So even after passing out their patients and giving the three surviving docs a raise they still were able to cut over $500000 from their budget.  Also my load really hasnt increased that much.  They didnt do jack.  My partner in the number one earner and I am the number two earner.  She has a midwife that works with her so its not really fair to compare.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#16]
And if the three of you are able to handle it, one of you better watch out.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Doc,

I recently saw a "KEEP THE GOVT. OUT OF OUR VAGINAS" bumper sticker at the college. I wonder if there is a movement to keep people out of them

It´s not the vagina the government is trying to crawl into.  

Clue: It's another orifice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Now just don't gloat when you get your class III stuff
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Admittedly the other three are pretty nonproductive and not very hard working. Lazy and a sense of entitlement are not bad descriptions.

You mean letting them go this long before axing or not axing the dead wood?

Exactly, they would have tolerated the shit a lot longer.  No anymore. You produce or youre done.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#20]
What does a gynecologist and a pizza delivery boy have in common?
They both get to smell it, but they cant eat it.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like you wouldnt believe.  I am asexual.  It really takes a lot to get me going.  Between working a shitload of hours and the stress peaks, I am really to sleep.  Sex takes too much energy.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Now just don't gloat when you get your class III stuff

Vector UZI, NIB just cleared form 3 and its on its way to my dealer.  He emailed me today to work on the form 4.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmm...

Theres 3 for 120.  

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How big a raise?

Almost a third of my base pay.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Oooo.  You dont want to eat what I have smelled.  Believe me.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would imagine that one or two of his patients haven't been asked to do a Playboy photo shoot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever seen someone so nasty that you had to ?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever seen someone so nasty that you had to ?

Um, Imagine a tampon that has been forgotten for 4 weeks.

Did you know the little suckers turn gray when that happens?

Also have you ever smelled a dead person that has been rotting in the sun for days?

ITS WORSE.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quit dancing around the bush!!!

It's a vagina.  V-A-G-I-N-A.  VAGINA!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Doc,  Somewhere there is a small town waiting for you to show up.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Doc,

I recently saw a "KEEP THE GOVT. SERIAL KILLERS OUT OF OUR VAGINAS" bumper sticker at the college. I wonder if there is a movement to keep people out of them

There's a bumper sticker for ya.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Doc,  Somewhere there is a small town waiting for you to show up.  

You I have land and I am going to build a little house on it.  But as a city kid, I cant live there full time.  When ethnic food is taco bell and there is a rotation of food styles at the little place down the street, its too small!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Doc,

I recently saw a "KEEP THE GOVT. SERIAL KILLERS CENTIPEDES OUT OF OUR VAGINAS" bumper sticker at the college. I wonder if there is a movement to keep people out of them

Let's keep this on topic, people. Centipedes in the vagina is a VERY serious issue!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Tell those three to travel to mid-sized cities in the midwest.  They can't find enough OB/GYNs to handle the population.  If all three of them relocated to, say, Topeka, they could establish a travelling practice and rake in the cash.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Actually we saw a lady in the ER.  She had pelvic pain so we looked inside and there was a dead cockeroach in there.  Dont know how it got in there and why.

The best thing we ever found was a little .25.  She was a prisoner and had stashed the peashooter in ther cootie to protect herself from the other immates.  I dont know how she was going to get it out and shoot it from her DEEP concealment.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell those three to travel to mid-sized cities in the midwest.  They can't find enough OB/GYNs to handle the population.  If all three of them relocated to, say, Topeka, they could establish a travelling practice and rake in the cash.

Jim

I agree.  I could move to Fargo and make $500K a year doing almost nothing. But the problem is not many want to goto  Fargo.   Its about location.  This area in particular is heavily heavily over served by doctors.  In the past the car companies allowed this to work because everyone had good insurance.  Now the gravey train has ended and you have to shit or get off the pot.

But its very interesting. Women OB/GYNs are in HIGH HIGH demand but they also have the highest turnover in their jobs. They work only 1/2 the hours that men do and make 1/2 more.  Its seems that they get a job then squeeze all the money out it they can and move on every 5 years or so.

But if they can be canned so can I.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Not that it's an immediate need, but how hard would it be to make the transition from being an employed cat doctor (pootie mercenary) to a self-employed one (free range pootie)?  I imagine if you were in a situation to make that decision, setting up a practice could be an expensive and difficult thing, huh?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Not that it's an immediate need, but how hard would it be to make the transition from being an employed cat doctor (pootie mercenary) to a self-employed one (free range pootie)?  I imagine if you were in a situation to make that decision, setting up a practice could be an expensive and difficult thing, huh?

Most hospitals will help you get started. Help you pay expenses and malpractice.  But the regular checks go away.  There is no health insurance.  And the overhead is painful.

If you have a healthy and strong practice, its almost better to be on your own.  Hospitals are trememdously inefficient at running practices.

Most hospitals are getting out of the practice business.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#39]
ARDOC,

Do you have some type of problem with Fargo?  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sounds like where I work. Except that after they laid some off, instead of getting a raise we get to do 1/3 more for the same pay.

I got a great offer from another company last week. It will require a move but I think I'll take it in order to have a life again.

NMSight
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now here is a kicker.

So, are you implying that Mohammed's Virgin wife wasn't really a virgin on her wedding night?

Are you saying that he had sex with that goat before he was married to him?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ARDOC,

Do you have some type of problem with Fargo?  

Where is the frozen smiley icon when you need one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top