Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:12:19 AM EDT
Is this a spontaneous grass-roots explosion of evangelistic fervor? Or were the IM"s flying to coordinate a planned break-out from the Religion Forum?

I can't help but notice that the mods haven't posted, let alone moved them.

So, what's up?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
they got bored with just the religion forum and decided to convert GD, think of them as missionaries
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i started a thread asking the same question last night.  based on the results i say:

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is this a spontaneous grass-roots explosion of evangelistic fervor? Or were the IM"s flying to coordinate a planned break-out from the Religion Forum?

I can't help but notice that the mods haven't posted, let alone moved them.

So, what's up?

Your on an overwhelmingly conservative gun board, conservatives tend to be of the flock.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to go with the planned break-out from the Religion Forum theory.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Um.  Next week is Holy Week maybe?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Prolly just can't stir enough puddin' over there......  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i started a thread asking the same question last night.  based on the results i say:

IBTL

And that's another thing: It's been, like, days since VA-Gunnut has threatened to lock my account.

Something's definitely up....

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
There have been some pretty good discussions though. I hope they keep it up, it makes for good reading.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There have been some pretty good discussions though. I hope they keep it up, it makes for good reading.

Yeah seriously, GD has went to the crapper since the religion forum was made. I actually really enjoyed reading the discussions last night.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Religious discussions?

Phaaa!

This stuff is so mild compared to the good religious discussions we used to have that it pales in comparision.

Besides, many religious folks, like myself, refuse to be Segregated to a Religion Forum.  So, this is the only chance we get.

But, just to keep you from suffering too much, old buddy, I offer a great piece of advice from the past:

Don't wanna read 'em?  Don't click on 'em.

There.  Feel better?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#11]

What's up with all the religious threads in GD all of a sudden?

Your sign up date indicates 2001, perhaps you have not been paying attention to such threads?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Deus volt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#13]
So what are these religious threads in GD that he's whining about?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
THE END IS NEAR!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So what are these religious threads in GD that he's whining about?

You actually need to be Super Religious, like my buddy Rodent, to notice them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/ibdmentd/matrixlock.jpg

How'd that end?

WTF? was it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/ibdmentd/matrixlock.jpg

How'd that end?

WTF? was it?

ironically enough it devolved into a religious debate, and was locked

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=451883
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides, many religious folks, like myself, refuse to be Segregated to a Religion Forum.  So, this is the only chance we get.

He's fast, too, once he gets over the Religous Forum Fence he's off like a rabbit. We spend hours every week chasing him and trying to put him back, but what thanks do we get?

You get the box of truth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's fast, too, once he gets over the Religous Forum Fence he's off like a rabbit. We spend hours every week chasing him and trying to put him back, but what thanks do we get?

actually burst out laughing here
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Like all hobbies, Religion gets boring after awhile and overly Religious people who do it way too much start to feel the need to make up crap to keep them amused ... That's where you get bunk like Fred Phelps group, "Witnessing" and evangelizing us Heathens ... You just know that those Snake handlers got their start by being all like...

"Welp, we've been to Church twice this week, had Bible Study Wednesday, Prayer Circle Tuesday and Thursday, the Ham and Bean Supper on Saturday, what should we all do now?"

"Hey, you wanna grab a rattlesanke and see if it's the Devil?"

"Coooooool!"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Its the devisive topic of the week. Last week it was felons, two weeks ago it was JBT's. Don't you know how arfcom works?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
What's with all the Jack Bauer Man Bag posts in GD all of a sudden?

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What's with all the Jack Bauer Man Bag posts in GD all of a sudden?

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

this place is getting gheyer by the minute!  let'e check the scope....

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Like all hobbies, Religion gets boring after awhile and overly Religious people who do it way too much start to feel the need to make up crap to keep them amused ... That's where you get bunk like Fred Phelps group, "Witnessing" and evangelizing us Heathens ... You just know that those Snake handlers got their start by being all like...

"Welp, we've been to Church twice this week, had Bible Study Wednesday, Prayer Circle Tuesday and Thursday, the Ham and Bean Supper on Saturday, what should we all do now?"

"Hey, you wanna grab a rattlesanke and see if it's the Devil?"

"Coooooool!"

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

As a matter of fact, Passover is the night of the 12th and on the 16th the Christians will be hunting for Easter eggs.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a matter of fact, Passover is the night of the 12th and on the 16th the Christians will be hunting for Easter eggs.

I never understood where hunting for eggs on easter came from...something like this maybe?

Hey Peter - did you hear? Jesus is back from the dead!!!
Holy shit Thomas, are you serious? We better hide the eggs!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]
The Religion forum got real boring after Sgtar15 was banned....they're probably just looking for some excitement.  After Sgtar15 left, all the Relgion Forum Thread Invaders left as disagreeing with Old Painless was difficult to do.

Discussion forums are no fun when everyone agrees.  Religion only works when there's turmoil, otherwise, what's to pray for?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted: So, what's up?
We just wanted to see the unbelievers panties in a bunch. "The Christians are coming! The Christians are coming!"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Its the devisive topic of the week. Last week it was felons, two weeks ago it was JBT's. Don't you know how arfcom works?

Beat me to it.  I was going to say it's whats on the schedule this week, next week will return to cop bashing or politics or immigration or Terry Schaivo or,,,well you get the idea.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beat me to it.  I was going to say it's whats on the schedule this week, next week will return to cop bashing or politics or immigration or Terry Schaivo or,,,well you get the idea.

Terry Shiavo!

She still around?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get the box of truth.

You tell 'em, BuckeyeRifleman.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Your on an overwhelmingly conservative gun board, conservatives tend to be of the flock.  

Now don't go using LOGIC here on GD. It's all just GOT to be part of some massive evangelical conspiracy orchestrated by Pat Robertson!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The Religion forum got real boring after Sgtar15 was banned....they're probably just looking for some excitement.  After Sgtar15 left, all the Relgion Forum Thread Invaders left as disagreeing with Old Painless was difficult to do.

Discussion forums are no fun when everyone agrees.  Religion only works when there's turmoil, otherwise, what's to pray for?

Another GEM from Hokie. After all of these years of reading bits from his VAST stores of wisdom, I feel like the LUCK, LUCK, LUCKIEST man alive!  

Who needs a god? We've got the living-Hokie right here on GD!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top