Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 9:12:55 PM EDT
Well I was running, and I felt a sharp pain that went away pretty quick (like a burst) right next to my penis, on my left side.  After that it was just kinda dull for a while.  Then when I was walking up a flight of stairs it hit me again, and now its back to this dull pain thing.  I've never felt any pain down there prior, and am seeing a doctor tommorow, but what could this be?  Hernia?  The C-word?  Nothing? any input would be nice...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
do you have any unusual bulging?  i had a hernia and there was a large bulge that extended down from my abdomen and into my scrotum.  it didnt hurt, but it wasnt pleasant either
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The clap? No proly a hernia you described it to a tee!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Dibs on your guns

Sorry, I have no insightful help for you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do you have any unusual bulging?  i had a hernia and there was a large bulge that extended down from my abdomen and into my scrotum.  it didnt hurt, but it wasnt pleasant either

I just looked at it more closely, and yes there's a small buldge right where I feel the pain...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hernia. Time to see the doc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Lance it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lance it.

img130.imageshack.us/img130/8613/exacto3hu.jpg

Yes, Septicemia will cure all of  your problems.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a hernia.  I am not a doctor but, I am a Army Medic hence 99medic.  What happened is probably a tear ripped open and pushed the bowel through the opening which caused the sharp pain.  The only danger  would be is if the opening is small and the bowel pushed through and cannot pull back out and gets trapped there and the pressure on the bowel can cause necrosis on that part of bowel.  Which might be causing the dull constant pain.  I recomend that you call the advise nurse at the hospital and get their opinion because you might need to go to the ER now.

Just a friendly advise.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lance it.

img130.imageshack.us/img130/8613/exacto3hu.jpg

Yes, Septicemia will cure all of  your problems.  

Woody
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sounds like a hernia.  I am not a doctor but, I am a Army Medic hence 99medic.  What happened is probably a tear ripped open and pushed the bowel through the opening which caused the sharp pain.  The only danger  would be is if the opening is small and the bowel pushed through and cannot pull back out and gets trapped there and the pressure on the bowel can cause necrosis on that part of bowel.  Which might be causing the dull constant pain.  I recomend that you call the advise nurse at the hospital and get their opinion because you might need to go to the ER now.

Just a friendly advise.

Do NOT ignore that advice - if you do, you'll likely be very sorry...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW - I have no medical training whatsoever, but HAVE had a hernia over 20 years ago - and it was NO joke, believe me... Also, if repaired and rehabbed properly, you'll be good as new - I've never had any probelms with mine afterwards...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Strangulated hernia is a bitch... see doctor ASAP!

Should be no biggie to fix.... couple of hours in outpatient surgery, a small scar, and 6 or 8 weeks to heal up.  Plus,  you can get a cool piece of mesh to brag about... chicks dig the bionic man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top