Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2001 2:52:38 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a pocket pistol, found a local dealer with P-32s at $205.00.  I puzzled at the earlier thread on this subject, a poster with Kel-Tec problems described paying to send his back for repairs.  In these parts, the dealer does that for you.  I know, because I have had a few guns sent back, including a POS H&K that they never got right.  I think I am going to pick up a P-32 tomorrow.  Did a little surfing, found a good Kel-Tec related site.

[url]www.ktog.org/[/url]

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent mine back through my dealer who deals from his home.  Some type of link in the trigger broke on my week old (at that Time) P-32. If I am correct I assume that Kel-Tec is like many other firearms manufacturers in that they only honor warranty work by authorized gunsmiths. I don't know of any Kel-Tec authorized gunsmiths. Maybe they are out there but I've never heard of one. Regardless, I am happy with my P-32 and last night finally put the belt clip on that I've had for over a year.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That was probably me, if you buy a gun at a gunshow or through the internet, you pretty much have to handle any problems directly with the gun manufacturer. The ripoff shops in my area wanted $320 for the P-32 which is why I usually wait for gun shows or buy online. Even after getting it fixed, I could never trust it with my life or the life of my family. My carry gun must be 100% reliable and I have to trust it, that trust comes from repeated trouble-free shootings, the Kel-tecs I have had have never gained my trust, they always broke or were not 100% reliable, and the triggers absolutely suck. The size was the only thing going for it. I have given up some size and went with a Kahr P7 for deep concealment, which has gained my trust and is like 200% more accurate than any kel-tec and a much better trigger. I know any gun can break at any given moment, but the kel-tecs just break way too often, their QC must be non-existant.

Top Top