Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:59:44 PM EDT
So Im at the g/f's house, fighting with her wireless router.  Its a Linksys WRTG45 (or 54) and its giving me some fucked up IP's when I DHCP.   At first, it gives a 192.168.1.100, and its almost going to connect, then it seems to renew the IP and DHCP's the router's gateway.  The subnet mask is fine, but the given gateway is now the router's IP.

I have no idea as to why it keeps giving me the router's IP and gateway to the computer.  Not even correctly (Which would lead me to assume I put the numbers in the wrong box when configuring the router).

Its a fairly new router, perhaps 2 or 3 months old.  Is it buggered completely?  I will suggest buying  a new one, since I can't honestly say I know how to fix it.  I have reset it several times, to no avail.    I don't have a spare cable to see if I can plug directly into the router and bypass the wireless feature...  But even then its worthless, as they only have the laptop they want wireless.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It ZOMBIES screwing with you
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
So you're saying I should take my foil sheilding off the router and laptop?

I don't know if I can handle that kind of breech in my brainwave security.

Fuckin' Zombies
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
i got vengance on electonics today

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Linksys routers allow you to set a low and high IP addr for DHCP.  Go into config and set that to a range that you want to live in.  If you do that, and it is still giving out IP's outside the range download and flash the firmware, power cycle for 20 seconds, and re-try.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Try manually asaigning ips to the computers. Look for 3rd party firmware as well. (Forget who made it)
If that fails head to the range tomorrow for some target practice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top