[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
holy shit what fun!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Use small sections of the M16 cleaning rod for more fun!

thats what I did! Sumbitch ended up 6"+ into the tree!

If I was ever out of ammo and only had some blanks, it would certainly work in a pinch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
That's the load we used on howler monkeys in panama
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Napoleon, you had replied to this thread before the page loaded after I hit SUBMIT.

You sir, have a talent.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's the load we used on howler monkeys in panama

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Napoleon, you had replied to this thread before the page loaded after I hit SUBMIT.

You sir, have a talent.

Wasted if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir, have a talent.

Wasted if you ask me.

somebody say wasted?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Cleaning rods and blanks    

Wasn't that made into a movie starring Brandon Lee?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cleaning rods and blanks    

Wasn't that made into a movie starring Brandon Lee?

*gasp!*

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
That was out pig defense system in Germany. M60 +blanks, couple of patches and a cleaning rod.

Friggin HUGE pigs were everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That was out pig defense system in Germany. M60 +blanks, couple of patches and a cleaning rod.

Yeah, the Wildschweine near the ASP at Wildflecken........or the Gruniepigs in the Grunewald in Berlin......lol  Big as a horse, I swear...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Old news....... When we were Kids, arrows out of single shot .410's were the rage. Take a 2 1/2" shell, cut off crimp and dump shot, take arrow, cut off nock and load. With pratice, rabbits out to 50 yards were not unheard of.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
holy shit what fun!

HAHA!
we did that all the time at Ft Hood. The maximum effective range of a cleaning rod is - ~Whoa~

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, the Wildschweine near the ASP at Wildflecken........or the Gruniepigs in the Grunewald in Berlin......lol  Big as a horse, I swear...

Big +1. Best anti-boarhog defense system you can rig up! At Hohenfels one time, I opened up the
back hatch of our -113 to take a leak, and we were surrounded! (I ended up standing on the
top deck, and whizzed on the hogs, which they weren't too happy about, but just moved out of range.)
(The medics had buried their food trash instead of tossing it in the trashbag on the deuce.)

I finally used the blank and rod deterrent system, as I was tired of being cooped up in the track. I
shot, the hog took off squealing and the others followed suit.

CO came by the next morning, and stuck his head in the back, "Who'd you massacre last night?"

"Look at the side of the track...." Blood spatter from one end to the other where the hog had ran.
"Well, the hogs were out last night, sir. I heard them scuffling, I guess one got messed up....."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top