Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:43:32 PM EDT
I finally got a new job about 3 weeks ago at Lowes. For those that dont know me or my situation, I was unemployed for the last 3 years after leaving my last employer. My reason for leaving my last employer was because they were a terrible place to work for, the management were lazy and had a general 'i dont care' attitude about everything and there were NO benefits at all.

I quit early in 2003 and until 3 weeks ago I was jobless except for a few odd jobs now and then. The economic situation in this area has been pretty bad the last few years otherwise id probably had another job a long time ago.

Anyway, the pay is great, the work isnt too hard, I get complete medical, dental and eye care coverage. I can start a 401K with this company and they have stock purchase options as well. If everything goes right I should be able to retire completely in 15 years and never work again.

Anyway I know I had told alot of people here about my situation and a lot of people helped, emailing me about job opportunities and job websites and a few people had been praying for me and I appreciate the help. Thanx guys.

To all those unemployed, I know how you feel, but there is hope.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!!!

My fiance worked for a company that reset the hardware section at Lowes, she worked in Lowe's stores as a vendor (they wear different vests and actually work ) for a year and a half.   You will soon learn the employees don't really do much, the vendors come in and do the real work.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on getting back on your feet.  Sure you COULD retire, but then again, you COULD get that .50 you've been eyeing for a while.......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent. Congratulations.

I'm hoping to improve my current situation as well.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations!

My current Job sucks, but for different reasons.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Far out

Being unemployed gets old real fast.  It's nice having a job, whatever it is.  If you actually like what you do, life is real good.  If you get rich doing it, you are on top of the world.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
John!

You're back.  Yay.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I finally got a new job about 3 weeks ago at Lowes. For those that dont know me or my situation, I was unemployed for the last 3 years after leaving my last employer. My reason for leaving my last employer was because they were a terrible place to work for, the management were lazy and had a general 'i dont care' attitude about everything and there were NO benefits at all.

I quit early in 2003 and until 3 weeks ago I was jobless except for a few odd jobs now and then. The economic situation in this area has been pretty bad the last few years otherwise id probably had another job a long time ago.

Anyway, the pay is great, the work isnt too hard, I get complete medical, dental and eye care coverage. I can start a 401K with this company and they have stock purchase options as well. If everything goes right I should be able to retire completely in 15 years and never work again.

Anyway I know I had told alot of people here about my situation and a lot of people helped, emailing me about job opportunities and job websites and a few people had been praying for me and I appreciate the help. Thanx guys.

To all those unemployed, I know how you feel, but there is hope.

Sorry to hear that!  I just quit from there.

Travis
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats man! I have a friend who was laid off in 2000 and just found a job last year. I left my crapola employer at the begining of this year to go back to school full time. Scary shit...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Congrats!!!

My fiance worked for a company that reset the hardware section at Lowes, she worked in Lowe's stores as a vendor (they wear different vests and actually work ) for a year and a half.   You will soon learn the employees don't really do much, the vendors come in and do the real work.

Oh I learned that real quick. As a loader my job for 8 hours is to walk around the store helping people when I can, generally cleaning and upkeeping the store, keeping the shopping carts in check and waiting for them to call a 'code 50' which means they need a loader (like me) to come load something into someones car or truck. I dont have a supervisor looking over me every second and most of the day I assign my own work.

other than the really big loading jobs or the few occasions that I help unload a truck my days are pretty easy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that!  I just quit from there.

Travis

sorry to hear that, I just got on there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats!

Im gonna give it some time to build up some $$$$$ and then im the gun show in ashville with a vengeance.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad things ae looking up for you!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Work is good. Arbeit macht das Leiben Suss.

(Work makes life sweet)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
John!

You're back.  Yay.

Gabby!

yep, now that I have a cash flow again you can expect to see me around here a bit more often. Being on a gun site with no $$$ to spend is depressing. But thats all changed now!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Loads of jobs here in New Orleans. As a matter of fact, theres a worker shortage going on. Put it this way... Burger King is starting at $9+ an hour with bonuses.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I worked at a Lowes RDC for a couple months & they work ya like dogs & the pay is not that great considering they mandate a minimum of 50 hours a week.

Went in one day and quit, could not work the night shift any longer (home life stunk)  and they would not let me change to the day shift.

Now I've been unemployed for 2 1/2 months and have been thinking about putting in for a job with Home Depo
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I worked at a Lowes RDC for a couple months & they work ya like dogs & the pay is not that great considering they mandate a minimum of 50 hours a week.

Went in one day and quit, could not work the night shift any longer (home life stunk)  and they would not let me change to the day shift.

Now I've been unemployed for 2 1/2 months and have been thinking about putting in for a job with Home Depo

why didnt you try to get on at a regular store location during the day?

and at the store I work at at least, they wont let you go beyond 40 hours per week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top