Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:13:57 AM EDT
Okay, so Topgun was a somewhat B grade movie with a Scientologist as the star. Nonetheless, I loved the movie and thought it really captured the growing up Navy thing. ...and it did a pretty good job o special effects for the time. Putting you inside a Tomcat....So here's my plan for a sequel:

Why don't they make it about Mavericks father. Take you back to an earlier era of jets and the Navy. I do suppose they might have a lack of old Navy jets laying around. Maybe not. And you won't need Tom C to appear in it either. Maybe they could get Mcauley Culkin with dark hair to play the child Tom C. (just kidding on that part.)

What do you guys think??????

M4-AK

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Ghey

Why would they want to make a sequel for a movie about a bunch of guys who stand around hi-fiving each other for 90 minutes?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I think they'd have a hard time coming up with another 2 hours of homosexual inuendo and not make it look like the exact same movie.

Besides, Kenny Loggins is retired.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think they'd have a hard time coming up with another 2 hours of homosexual inuendo and not make it look like the exact same movie.

No, no, Kenny Loggins and Jim Messina or so um back together um and making um music.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you know that Maverick's dad was based on a real pilot? I know someone who served in the same squadron. IIRC his name was the same as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

mmmmm... gay innuendo. I say grease them up and do the pickup volleball game all in slow mo for the whole movie.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you know that Maverick's dad was based on a real pilot? I know someone who served in the same squadron. IIRC his name was the same as well.

I think it would make an interesting story line. What about you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it would make an interesting story line. What about you.

I agree, especially if some of the stuff I've heard is true. The problem is going from essentially a fiction story to a biography and what rights they need to do that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Duane: Oh, come on.

Sid: Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.

Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.

Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#9]
You do realize Macaulay Culkin is now a 25 year old homosexual druggie... right?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What will the title be: Brokeback Flyers?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You do realize Macaulay Culkin is now a 25 year old homosexual druggie... right?

Yeah but he'd be portraying a midget homosexual Tom Cruise. Not a far stretch....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but he'd be portraying a midget homosexual Tom Cruise. Not a far stretch....

Good point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#13]
As much as I liked the movie in high school, the enjoyment diminished when I realized just how ghey some parts of the movie were.

Top Gun II would suck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Brokespar
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ghey

Why would they want to make a sequel for a movie about a bunch of guys who stand around hi-fiving each other for 90 minutes?

Technically, it would be a prequel.  They're all the rage these days.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

he's gay?   Fuggin Michael Jackson....

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ghey

Really.

Top Gun was pretty gay, imho.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Top Gun II MUST contain Superhornets.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Sid: Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.

Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

What is that from?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Top Gun II MUST contain Superhornets F-8 Crusaders.

There Fixed it for you!

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brokespar

"Tailgunner"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Top Gun II MUST contain Superhornets F-8 Crusaders.

There Fixed it for you!

www.eichhorn.ws/assets/images/f8_crusader.jpg

Not just yeah, but hell yeah.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Perhaps in this movie, Maverick will run for Congress, get elected, take bribes and let everyone down.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#24]
top gun was ghey to begin with.  a sequel/prequel will be DOUBLE ghey
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Better than Iron Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than Iron Eagle.

Much much better than Iron Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You do realize Macaulay Culkin is now a married 25 year old homosexual druggie... right?

Fix it for you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than Iron Eagle.

I flush things every day that are better than Iron Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than Iron Eagle.

Damned shame,cause Louis Gossett JR's a helluva better actor that should'nt be doing trash like that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than Iron Eagle.

Damned shame,cause Louis Gossett JR's a helluva better actor that should'nt be doing trash like that.

Are you shitting me?
LGJ was shit before "An Officer and a Gentlemen" and everything he's been in since that movie has been shit.  That movie was a freak, while "Iron Eagle" is more representative of his skills and his career.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Who has a link to that video of the gay Top Gun sequel?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is that from?

It's from some movie called "Sleep With Me" I think.  I never saw the flick, just remembered that this rant was out there and googled it.  The part of "Sid" was played by Quentin Tarentino so you have to picture him saying the above lines.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Did the real guy "Fly F-4s off the Oriskiny" too?  I remember that from the movie, but I was dissappointed to read some years back that the Oriskiny was to small the handle Phantoms, and it had A-4s and F-8s IIRC.  The technical advisors let them down on that one.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is that from?

I haven't seen it, but my guess would be "Chasing Amy".  It sounds like a Kevin Smith script.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is that from?

It's from some movie called "Sleep With Me" I think.  I never saw the flick, just remembered that this rant was out there and googled it.  The part of "Sid" was played by Quentin Tarentino so you have to picture him saying the above lines.

I will also accept that answer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did the real guy "Fly F-4s off the Oriskiny" too?  I remember that from the movie, but I was dissappointed to read some years back that the Oriskiny was to small the handle Phantoms, and it had A-4s and F-8s IIRC.  The technical advisors let them down on that one.  

Not sure what he transitioned to. The person I know knew him during the early to mid 50s.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Costume design

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Everyone needs hobbies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Costume design

www.set-the-mood.com/images/MEN'S-LINGERIE/260.jpg

OMG That's freaking scary!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Costume design

Scary is googling "man in uniform".
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#42]
"Hey, want to be my back-seater?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
"Hey, want to be my back-seater?"

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Costume design

Scary is googling "man in uniform".

I know.

Just go look at some BOTD in the Team forum, it'll be all right.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Might as well dupe this out.. here's Iceman when he finally quit the navy and joined the airlines..

Not sure how quick the site is...

(NT, this could be you in 10 years!)

thetravisty.com/Saturday_Night_Live/wmv/Iceman_-_The_Later_Years.htm
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Maverick goes on a covert mission to VN after he finds out his dad is a POW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top