Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:44:44 PM EDT
Just got a ticket for barking dogs,from the same cop who took six months to write one up to my old neighbors. I know he is tired of coming over here but this was a little extreme. My dogs have been out for the last two nights because i have not been at home. He said there was a call last night, i told him i was not here and not aware of a complaint,he still writes me a ticket. I have never had this problem before because i bring my dogs in at night. What really pisses me off is the fact that when they bark it is because of cats or dogs that roam the neighborhood at will,when i was sitting in the car with him i could see two dogs in my alley not 50 feet from where the kennel is. I am just pissed because because i think after the ordeal with the dog next door i at least deserve one warning. He did have M4 in the car but i did not get a chance to ask about it.

ETA  No dogs where killed during the event in question.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Disreguard the ticket.  He wasn't a real cop.  We all know what would have happened if he were.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Disreguard the ticket.  He wasn't a real cop.  We all know what would have happened if he were.

I forgot to say the dogs are ok,sorry
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
In before someone makes a new post about having to call the cops on their neighbor with barking dogs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You people who live in cities have some interesting issues. Dogs barking? Heh.

It's really difficult to live with so many people - nobody's happy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just got a ticket for barking dogs,from the same cop who took six months to write one up to my old neighbors. I know he is tired of coming over here but this was a little extreme. My dogs have been out for the last two nights because i have not been at home. He said there was a call last night, i told him i was not here and not aware of a complaint,he still writes me a ticket. I have never had this problem before because i bring my dogs in at night. What really pisses me off is the fact that when they bark it is because of cats or dogs that roam the neighborhood at will,when i was sitting in the car with him i could see two dogs in my alley not 50 feet from where the kennel is. I am just pissed because because i think after the ordeal with the dog next door i at least deserve one warning. He did have M4 in the car but i did not get a chance to ask about it.

Plaed not guilty if he didn't "witness" your dog barking.
You'll win hands down if he can't testify he saw it first hand and if he wasn't there he has to produce a witness.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In before someone makes a new post about having to call the cops on their neighbor with barking dogs.

You're taking the fun out of it...

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll win hands down if he can't testify he saw it first hand and if he wasn't there he has to produce a witness.

He did hear the dogs barking,he said he parked on the street and turned off his car,well of course the dogs are going to bark,the car does not belong here and the dogs did what they do,bark at strangers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You people who live in cities have some interesting issues. Dogs barking? Heh.

It's really difficult to live with so many people - nobody's happy.

Yes, i am going to TX next week and will be free of city people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a Dogloo.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't matter here as long as the officer has a signed complaint, he doesn't have to witness anything, that is for the prosecutor to figure out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't matter here as long as the officer has a signed complaint, he doesn't have to witness anything, that is for the prosecutor to figure out.

Well yeah thats what I sa id, plead not guilty, you usually do that in front of the judge with the  prosecutor standing at one table and you at the other one.
Other wise WTH are you talking about?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I call shenanigans. The claim is that a cop was in the presence of beloved family pets not once but twice, and was able to resist shooting them both times? I don't buy it. Two times, the cop was suppoed to be human right? I mean Superman couldn't even resist kryptonite!

i'm with you..... there's no way fido should have made it out of this one alive
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a bark collar, kinda cruel but it will keep them from barking. Only problem is they might be a much less effective security system if thats what you keep them for.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
So lets get this straight......you are upset with the police officer for doing his job RESPONDING to a complaint made by one of your neighbors???????????    Maybe you should be more responsible and not leave your dog out all day while YOU are not home, then IT will not bother your neighbors and THEY will not have to call and waste the police officers time.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So lets get this straight......you are upset with the police officer for doing his job RESPONDING to a complaint made by one of your neighbors???????????    Maybe you should be more responsible and not leave your dog out all day while YOU are not home, then IT will not bother your neighbors and THEY will not have to call and waste the police officers time.

Try reading everything i typed, sure i know the dogs were bothering someone,but WTF is the ticket on the first call all about?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Your post says they were at your house the night before as well.  Admittedly, a warning notice or other notification would have been a nice gesture and even appropriate for THAT visit.  But, on the second time out in two days, I think a violation is appropriate, especially if your neighbor insisted on signing a complaint.  If the neighbor wants to sign, the officer has to issue the violation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Your post says they were at your house the night before as well.  Admittedly, a warning notice or other notification would have been a nice gesture and even appropriate for THAT visit.  But, on the second time out in two days, I think a violation is appropriate, especially if your neighbor insisted on signing a complaint.  If the neighbor wants to sign, the officer has to issue the violation.

Did you miss the part where the dog next door barked for 6 MONTHS  before they were given a ticket?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Did anyone want to sign a complaint on that dog before the 6 month time line when the violation was issued???  You have to realize that this is not the type of thing police officers drive around looking for.  They have to be sent ther on a dispatched run.  That dispatched run is generated by someoone calling and complaining.  Now, just because they call and ask an officer be sent out doesnt mean they want to sign a complaint against the owner of the dog.  If they do not, 99% of the time a violation will not be issued.  For a violation to be issued w/o a complainant, the officer would have to observe the dog barking and be willing to tie himself up with writing a senseless report on the whole situation.  Usually doesnt happen unless it is an ongoing problem that has gotten on the officers nerves or the location the dog is at is a location of frequent problems of other sorts.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
As a LEO I hate the barking dog calls. It is a waste of time and resources. If you (or anybody else) has a problem with your neighbor disturbing you for any reason, cowboy the fuck up and get some nads and try TALKING TO THE NEIGHBOR ABOUT THE PROBLEM. We have better things to do.

it is safer for the dogs that way also.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
As a LEO I hate the barking dog calls. It is a waste of time and resources. If you (or anybody else) has a problem with your neighbor disturbing you for any reason, cowboy the fuck up and get some nads and try TALKING TO THE NEIGHBOR ABOUT THE PROBLEM. We have better things to do.

it is safer for the dogs that way also.

I understand this,i always talk to people before i call the police.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Cop was probably from Kali...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:54:41 AM EDT
[#24]
It's not the cop's fault.

The neighbor(s) that complained perhaps.
The dog certainly.
Perhaps even yourself.

After 6 mo. of the previous barking dog, you're neighbors are probably on a hair trigger with the noise complaints.  Sucks, but that's how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top