Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:53:12 PM EDT
Lamps

Looking for some wondering if these was any good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They look like regular old lamps only prettier. I've heard of something called alladin lamps (I think) that are supposed to be amazingly bright. They don't look like a regular oil lamp, the chiminey is tall and slim and it might have something other than a regular wick, but they are not pressurized like a coleman.

Here is an excerpt from a search I did:

Aladdin Lamps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(We no longer sell this lamp as Aladdin stopped making this model but are leaving the page up for informational purposes.)

The Aladdin Model B165 Watchman Kerosene Lamp
This is the Aluminum version of our kerosene lamp. It has all the features that have made Aladdin lamps famous worldwide and you have the perfect answer to the growing demand for nostalgically beautiful conventional lighting or emergency lighting during power failures.
Aladdin Lamps
Pure, white light equal to 60-watt bulb
No pumping or start up necessary
Safe... smokeless... odorless
Burns 12 hours on one quart of lamp oil
Patented Burner Assembly Every Aladdin lamp gets its exclusive brilliant, highly efficient lighting qualities from Aladdin's patented mantle and burner assembly. This highly advanced feature makes Aladdin lamps technically and operationally superior to all oil-burning lamps in dependability, fuel burning efficiency and light emitting quality.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The Aladdin lamps burn very brightly.  Like 60watt light bulb bright.  They also give off a bunch of heat, which is nice in a cold weather power out situation, but maybe not as nice in the hot summer.  I have two and they are a part of my back-ups.  Lehman's Hardware (they have a site) is one place to purchase the lamps and spare parts.

dvo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top