Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 1:26:15 PM EDT
From FoxNews:

"No one should play on people's fears or try to pit neighbors against each other," Bush said. "No one should pretend that immigrants are threats to America's identity because immigrants have shaped America's identity.

"No one should claim that immigrants are a burden on our economy because the work and enterprise of immigrants helps sustain our economy," the president said. "We should not give in to pessimism. If we work together I am confident we can meet our duty to fix our immigration system and deliver a bill that protects our people, upholds our laws and makes our people proud."

I am No One, I am a voter, and I call you RINO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmm.....so the pubs are already trying to beat the dems to the Hispanic vote.  Figures.  We're screwed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Did this come from the speech he gave to LEGAL IMMIGRANTS receiving their citizenship today? What a disgusting slap in the face to people who did the right thing. They must have strong stomachs to sit through that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Bush is full of crap, as usual. It's not about immigrants, it's about illegal immigrants. He's trying to frame the argument so it looks like people are anti-immigration. What a jerk.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It's all about power.  Always has been, always will be.

If your demographic can help keep a party in power (any party, anywhere) you WILL be catered too.

It's just that simple.

I wish I had an answer to help change that simple and sad fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.  In politics the power is in the numbers.  Nothing else matters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
doh, where is the party that the xenophobes can turn too? Republicans are being much too moderate!!!

David Duke, we hereby summon thee to create a independent ultra right wing party!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The President is only screwing his party now.  The House Republicans look like they get it.  We'll see about the Senate...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bush is full of crap, as usual. It's not about immigrants, it's about illegal immigrants. He's trying to frame the argument so it looks like people are anti-immigration. What a jerk.

Big +1 how very true...sad, but true

"either you're with me or you're Un-American"
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
To expand, GWB doesn't give a flying fuck about illegal immigrants lol.  Neither does Vincente Fox.  You think he gives a shit about some poor Mexican peasants yearning for a better life?

Everyone's missing the big point: the system is severely broken.  The illegal immigration issue is just one symptom that's really obvious.

Why do you think Jesse Jackson has power, or that the race card is used in politics?  African Americans are a power demographic.  One side has it, the other one would like to have it.  It's no different with Mexicans except their numbers are huge and will only get bigger.  Both parties need to secure it.

Everything else you hear about why we should welcome them, or why we should throw them the hell out is pure rhetoric.  The real meat is the fight to secure the demographic.

I believe Republicans have sensed (and correctly so) that the core of America wants something done now, decisively, and that they are unlikely to get widespread support from illegal immigration crowd.  So NOW THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT lol.  The Democrats see a chance to gain current and future votes by sucking up to the "leave the illegals alone" crowd and so they will.

It's all horseshit.  I have turned the corner on cynical and moved into hoplessness and despair.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
To expand, GWB doesn't give a flying fuck about illegal immigrants lol.  Neither does Vincente Fox.  

Vicente Fox is pro immigration as well.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
What would be your solution?

These kind of issues are much bigger than our 5-second emotional response.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A series of televised "perp-walks" for employers. It seems to have gotten corporate America's attention. They'll have to ratchet it up from last year's 7 arrests. Maybe try for 15-20 this year? Don't want to overwhelm the justice system.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

for starters you could fine companies that employ illegals.

make fraudulent welfare claims a felony (which obviously would affect more than illegals)

allocate a larger portion of federal monies for border security (yeah, Bush called for a 66% increase in border patrols, but who's going to pay for it?)

Since we essentially carry Mexico's economy on our back...ask Fox to implement mandatory icarceration for illegals caught crossing the Mexican border.

We don't NEED Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
From FoxNews:

"No one should play on people's fears or try to pit neighbors against each other," Bush said. "No one should pretend that immigrants are threats to America's identity because immigrants have shaped America's identity.

"No one should claim that immigrants are a burden on our economy because the work and enterprise of immigrants helps sustain our economy," the president said. "We should not give in to pessimism. If we work together I am confident we can meet our duty to fix our immigration system and deliver a bill that protects our people, upholds our laws and makes our people proud."

He is correct.  He is simply lying about the quality of immigrants who are favored today, as opposed to the ones who were favored in the past.  

But he is a Christian, so all humans have value just by being human.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To expand, GWB doesn't give a flying fuck about illegal immigrants lol.  Neither does Vincente Fox.  

Vicente Fox is pro immigration as well.  

Sigh, of course he is (remember this is about power?).  He's pro immigration, not pro-IMMIGRANT.  He needs the stability that all that cash revenue that gets sucked out of the US and sent to Mexico provides him.  He also needs the US as a pressure valve.  As long as people can head north for money and a better lifestyle, they won't get too restless and demand a change (i.e. La Revolucion!).

As for you COZ, if you are asking me what my solution is:  I've said I don't have one but wish I did. A viable "America First" third party perhaps?  Good luck not getting it wiped out of existed by the divide and conquer two party system.

I'm not sure if you think my post is the five second emotional response.  If you do, I would point you to all the ranting and raving about Mexicans doing this and Mexicans taking that.  Why isn't anyone thinking about who is letting them?  That's the bigger issue.

If you weren't referring to my posts: my bad
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Establish a German or Israeli style Border Police.

Build a fence/road/trench complex along the US-Mexican border for starters (we'll evaluate the US-Canadian border later) and man it with Border Police light infantry.

Reduce the number of border crossings and search every vehicle going both ways.

Have the ICE civil service employees freed up from border duty hunt down employers of illegal immigrants.  

Use the fines to help pay for the border police, also stop funding Latin American kleptocracies.  Let them go communist and see how long it takes before the region falls into African style anarchy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for starters you could fine companies that employ illegals.

make fraudulent welfare claims a felony (which obviously would affect more than illegals)

allocate a larger portion of federal monies for border security (yeah, Bush called for a 66% increase in border patrols, but who's going to pay for it?)

Since we essentially carry Mexico's economy on our back...ask Fox to implement mandatory icarceration for illegals caught crossing the Mexican border.

We don't NEED Mexico.

Great start, although forget asking Fox for any measures at all.  He NEEDS that cross border traffic. I also wouldn't be surprised if it had to do as much with the drug trade as the millions of illegals sending cash home.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From FoxNews:

You are taking the quote out of context.  I suppose you have some dip shit agenda.  If you saw his speech as I did, you would have had a positive reaction.  Grow up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought only liberals called him Mr.

I even called Clinton "President" even though I hated him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Did this come from the speech he gave to LEGAL IMMIGRANTS receiving their citizenship today? What a disgusting slap in the face to people who did the right thing. They must have strong stomachs to sit through that.

My thoughts exactly.  There he is talking to these immigrants who have spent all that time going through the process to become citizens and he's talking about how the borderjumpers get a free stay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From FoxNews:

You are taking the quote out of context.  I suppose you have some dip shit agenda.  If you saw his speech as I did, you would have had a positive reaction.  Grow up.

Did you have a frosty tall glass of koolaid while you were watching the speech?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I thought only liberals called him Mr.

I even called Clinton "President" even though I hated him.

+1.  I strongly disagree with his statements, but he is the President of the United States of America.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a play on words. He can imply he was talking about "legal" immigrants since he didn't say otherwise...and he can imply he's talking about anyone who comes to this country, legally or not.

GWB could've been one of the greats, I really believe this. Unfortunately, when he stated he was a "compassionate" conservative back in the summer of 2000, what he was trying to say was that he wasn't quite a liberal.

Turns out he was half right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Lesser of two evils is still evil.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#26]
My father, who is not an overly religious man, said something like, "I think this is what the Bible meant when it said the meek shall inherit the Earth."

The invasion of the US isn't coming with tanks and rifles; it's coming in with people asking you if you want fries with that.

Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of politicians have sold us citizens out.

"immigrants have shaped America's identity"

>>Actually, the majority of the European immigrants have assimilated into American culture quite nicely.  The fact is that the Mexicans do *NOT* want to assimilate, they want American culture to resemble their Mexican culture: hence all the Mexican flags, refusal to leak/speak English etc...

Interesting times are ahead.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Well they are right they need to be liberated from the Imperialist Yanqui dollar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The President is only screwing his party now.  The House Republicans look like they get it.  We'll see about the Senate...

There is no hope with all the RINOs in the Senate, tell a House Rep. how much you love them. The House is the last thing that can protect America at this point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Eliminate the reason they come here. They come for the "jobs americans don't want".
Make americans want those jobs. How? Eliminate entitlements. There was a time in this country when people fought over ANY available job. Today, the lower class doesn't bother looking for work. They don't have to. They make more money sitting on their ever widening asses drawing welfare, and SSI disability money, for doing nothing. If those benifits went away, people would be VERY pissed that some mexican INVADER was here trying to take american jobs.
Problem is, it isn't long after they get here, that the illegals figure out the system, and nuzzle up to the government feed trough and soak up the freebies too. It's not going to stop until we, the working class that's paying for the entitlements, raise enough hell to get it stopped.
So who is going to call their Congress critter, or State rep tomorrow and bitch about this?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Where are the protesters marching and protesting about the invasion of our country by illegals?
Sorry folks, we are our own worst enemy. Screwed by our own apathy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I bet if some illegal perp raped one of his daughters or killed one of his buddies Jorge would get the picture.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top