Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:18:31 AM EDT
WTF???  

Maybe if these fuckers would go back to THEIR OWN COUNTRY and raise holy hell, maybe and just MAYBE they wouldn't have the corrupt government they have, would they???  

Immigration Rallies Draw Thousands Nationwide

By TIM MOLLOY
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/ROY DABNER
More U.S. Video

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Thousands of people across the country protested Friday against legislation cracking down on illegal immigrants, with demonstrators in such cities as Los Angeles, Phoenix and Atlanta staging school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

Congress is considering bills that would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border. The proposals have angered many Hispanics.

The Los Angeles demonstration led to fights between black and Hispanic students at one high school, but the protests were largely peaceful, authorities said.

Chantal Mason, a sophomore at George Washington Preparatory High, said black students jumped Hispanic students as they left classes to protest a bill passed the House in December that would make it a felony to be in the U.S. illegally.

Advertisement

ZIP code where you park at night:

Do you currently have auto insurance? Yes No
Have you had a U.S. driver's license for more than 3 years? Yes No

Has any driver in your household had 2 or more accidents or moving violations in the last 3 years?
Yes No

"It was horrible, horrible," Mason said. "It's ridiculous that a bunch of black students would jump on Latinos like that, knowing they're trying to get their freedom."

In Phoenix, police said 10,000 demonstrators marched to the office of Republican Sen. Jon Kyl, co-sponsor of a bill that would give illegal immigrants up to five years to leave the country. The turnout clogged a major thoroughfare.

"They're here for the American Dream," said Malissa Greer, 29, who joined a crowd estimated by police to be at least 10,000 strong. "God created all of us. He's not a God of the United States, he's a God of the world."

Kyl had no immediate comment on the rally.

Thousands March for Humane Immigration Reform

LATEST NEWS
Stressed Mexican Police Chief Resigns

Mexican Government Fines Sheraton Hotel

Police Chief of Mexican Border City Resigns

Hispanic-Owned Businesses Growing Quickly

Hispanic Businesses Glance

Buy AP Photo Reprints

At least 500 students at Huntington Park High School near Los Angeles walked out of classes in the morning. Hundreds of the students, some carrying Mexican flags, walked down the middle of Los Angeles streets, police cruisers behind them.

The students visited two other area high schools, trying to encourage students to join their protest, but the schools were locked down to keep students from leaving, said Los Angeles district spokeswoman Monica Carazo.

In Georgia, activists said tens of thousands of workers did not show up at their jobs Friday after calls for a work stoppage to protest a bill passed by the Georgia House on Thursday.

That bill, which has yet to gain Senate approval, would deny state services to adults living in the U.S. illegally and impose a 5 percent surcharge on wire transfers from illegal immigrants.

Supporters say the Georgia measure is vital to homeland security and frees up limited state services for people legally entitled to them. Opponents say it unfairly targets workers meeting the demands of some of the state's largest industries.

Teodoro Maus, an organizer of the Georgia protest, estimated as many as 80,000 Hispanics did not show up for work. About 200 converged on the steps of the Georgia Capitol, some wrapped in Mexican flags and holding signs reading: "Don't panic, we're Hispanic" and "We have a dream, too."

Jennifer Garcia worried what would the proposal would do to her family. She said her husband is an illegal Mexican immigrant.

"If they send him back to Mexico, who's going to take care of them and me?" Garcia said of herself and her four children. "This is the United States. We need to come together and be a whole."

On Thursday, thousands of people filled the streets of Milwaukee for what was billed as "A Day Without Latinos" to protest efforts in Congress to target undocumented workers. Police estimated more than 10,000 people joined the demonstrations and march to downtown Milwaukee. Organizers put the number at 30,000.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Gee, I guess I'm the bad man because I'm the only one who thinks Mexican citizens belong in MEXICO
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
These are not immigrant protests no matter what they are being billed as. They are 'Protests against legislation that adversely impacts illegal aliens'.

rj
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep,they should! Hate to say it,but you're preaching to the chior,and I don't think too many folks in power are listening right now. PC gone amok.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Tear gas the criminals
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Let's see...

The Mexicans and illegals are against this bill.
The Democrats are loudly against this bill.

It sure sounds like the Republicans are finally doing something right on this issue.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
They need to start rounding these people up and send them home!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see about 10,000 ICE, Homeland Sec, local cops, Border patrol, et al show up at one of these protests and start checking id .

rj
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tear gas the criminals

No tear gas needed to induce a panic and stampede.  One bullhorn announcing "la policia" should do it.

Hmmm.  They're all in one spot protesting.   Kinda narrows it down for the INS and the po-po.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Let's see...

It sure sounds like the Republicans are finally doing something right on this issue.

Rich white are against this bill too, but they won't tell you this to your face. Who else will cut the grass and make beds?
PC folks are against this also. And will call you a RACIST to your face for supporting the bill.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
It has to get worse.  I end up in an er one night and I think  I was one of a very few that could speak english.  The businesses are kissing their asses to try and get their money.   The democrats want their vote.  Just watch....they'll give them all a free pass before this is all said and done.   The damn near bankrupted the hospitals and schools in Calif and those people are still behind the illegals.  Go figure.  I wish the presidential election was 2006 instead of 2008.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Seems like a perfect chance for INS and Border Patrol to pick up some scumbags very easily.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#12]
The students that left school to protest.  Should be failed in any class they walked out of and suspended for the rest of the year.  How many are illegally in San Diego schools.  Alot from recent reports where they actually followed groups of children getting on city buses and getting off near the border and crossing over to go home.

The workers said to be in 10's of thousands who did not show up for work in Georgia, fire them.  

The odd thing is, I work with alot of hispanics, all American citizens and overwhelmingly they want the illegal immigration to stop.  Could be because we work with these people after they have been caught and one of our workers was recently stabbed more than 30 times by a couple of these illegals.  He was able to fight his way free before they were able to kill him (edited to add, he wasn't killed but they admitted to trying to kill him). One of these illegals had been deported 3 times before they decided to lock him up instead of catch and release.  Didn't get reported at all by the local news or paper.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let's see...

It sure sounds like the a small handful of Republicans who care what their voters actually want are finally doing something right on this issue.

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a good time to start checking for green cards.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
<Snip> Didn't get reported at all by the local news or paper.  

And that is one of the reasons a bloated and lethargic American public, harried by everyday life and satiated with a steady diet of "bread and circuses" (American Idol, CNN, and whatever other drek is on the channels I never watch) will sit idly by and keep reelecting the same criminals and sending them back to Washington.

Even FOX news is more concerned with broadcasting people in grape costumes than addressing an issue of such monumental importance.

It is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL that each and every one of us that is concerned about this issue let's our dickhead "representatives" know how that we're not taking this shit anymore.  Period.  Foreign nationals have no business "protesting" and clogging our nations streets anymore that I have a right to go to Tokyo and gum up traffic and demand handouts.

WRITE (WITH OLD FASHIONED LETTERS, NOT EMAIL).  CALL.  LET THE FUCKERS KNOW WE'RE WATCHING AND THAT WE THE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HOLD THEM PERSONALLY REPSPONSIBLE ON ELECTION DAY.

That goes for you lurkers out there, too.  Don't just sit there hitting the bong, slurping beer and eating pork rinds.  THE ONLY THING POLITICIANS FEAR IS LOSING VOTES.  It's time to put some real fear into these lowlife fuckers.  It'll take no more than 5 minutes to write a letter.  Can you spare 5 minutes for your country?

ETA: For those who may not be sure how to get the mailing addresses for your Senators, go here:

List of U.S. Senators: Contact Info

For members of the House, go here:

House of Representatives Contact Info

If you want any other info, just go to GOOGLE and type in "Senator ____________" in quotes.  You'll likely get their homepage and from there they'll have contact info and anything else you might want to know (except for why they're not doing their jobs).
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Gee, I guess I'm the bad man because I'm the only one who thinks Mexican citizens belong in MEXICO

I'll second that Motion

All in favor of Removing Said Foreign Citizens and Kicking their ass across the Border say Aye!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Learn to love it.  Amnesty is coming for the 30-40 million illegal aliens here, and there will be another amnesty every 10 years hereafter.

I for one am glad that my tax money goes to support illegal aliens (welfare, hospitals, education, etc) instead of American Citizens.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The ONLY Repub that has come out STRONGLY on Illegals is Tom Tancredo

Bush referred to Illegals in his last State of the Union as Immigrants

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but Bush has rejected what his base wants done on the Illegal

We voted him in to represent us      Not tell us what's good for us
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ONLY Repub that has come out STRONGLY on Illegals is Tom Tancredo

Bush referred to Illegals in his last State of the Union as Immigrants

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but Bush has rejected what his base wants done on the Illegal

We voted him in to represent us      Not tell us what's good for us

Sorry, but to me, "coming out STRONGLY" entails more than just words.
What these activists are protesting are the ACTIONs taken by Frist.
These actions, I'd be willing to bet, have been put forth with Bush's blessing.

If this passes, it will be good.

I DO prefer deeds to words, don't you?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Point one: I do not know why the dems want the Mexicans to flood in. I mean, they do not have the same values. I think that the Mexicans are more closely aligned with rebublicans (religion, guns, enviroment, animals, etc). Do you know of a Mexican male that given the chance, would lnot love to rip up the trails on a motocross cycle, and shoot deer?

Point two: If container ship full of Chinese started coming over and doing imigrant work for cheaper, rapidly reproducing, taking over neigborhoods, demanding Chinese laguage and education, etc, I bet the current immigrants would say "hey, somebody stop this".
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't think they arn't watching these protests. Neither party wants to loose the votes so they want to keep them happy. I doubt any legislation will pass.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Don't think they arn't watching these protests. Neither party wants to loose the votes so they want to keep them happy. I doubt any legislation will pass.

What votes?  It is a crime for an illegal alien to vote.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I DO prefer deeds to words, don't you?

OPERA NON VERBA    Tell it to Bush

BTW Tancredo among others have been very vocal about Illegals for years ( not just recent )
Bush has purposely distanced himself from Tancredo because of his strong stance

Others here want to say that Bush has been busy with GWOT
Illegals and Border Security go Hand in Hand with Homeland Security
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Why are legal immigrants protesting?

That's like people who honestly file income tax protesting because the governemnt is instituting tougher laws for tax evasion?

Perhaps the legal ones don't want all their illegal brothers, sisters, moms & dads, cousins, etc .... getting kicked out or facing felony charges.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
O Lets see what political direction this message board goes, is it left or right.........Hmmm!!!  This does not surprise me, and neither should it you.  If you ask me, if there illegals send them back over the border whats so hard about this concept.  Americans first baby.....  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]
O Lets see what political direction this message board goes, is it left or right.........Hmmm!!!  This does not surprise me, and neither should it you.  If you ask me, if there illegals send them back over the border whats so hard about this concept.  Americans first baby.....  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The children of illegal immigrants are automatically citizens and can vote when they reach voting age.  Who do you think they'll vote for?  Most Central/South Americans are Marxists at heart, and will vote themselves a payraise every time.  Not only that, but they have about six times the birth rate of Americans (OK, I made that statistic up, but I don't doubt it's true.).
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I would love to see about 10,000 ICE, Homeland Sec, local cops, Border patrol, et al show up at one of these protests and start checking id .

rj

You know NYPD used to give out free Yankee game tickets to catch felons who had warrants, not a bad idea, you could complain till you are blue in the face and ICE would not care.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#30]
...and there are still those who would say a civil war in this country is not coming.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Learn to love it.  Amnesty is coming for the 30-40 million illegal aliens here, and there will be another amnesty every 10 years hereafter.

I for one am glad that my tax money goes to support illegal aliens (welfare, hospitals, education, etc) instead of American Citizens.

WTF  ! ! !
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It wont do any good, they have fakes down the street for $29.95 a pop.

Im more upset that we cant get at least the same amount to march in the streets to protesting to put up the wall, and start shipping them all back to their country of origen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Where's Nathan Holn when we need him???  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#34]
There is nothing in the legislation regarding "amnesty".
It is purely punishment and enforcement.
What's the problem?

I'm not surprised that the usual suspects are here complaining about it.
They usually don't pay that much attention anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I favor the " Keep-'em-out and throw-em-out " approach

Guest worker programs don't inspire any confidence to truly deal with the problem
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I heard one interviewed on the radio yesterday calling Bush a right-wing fascist. Dumbass didn't even know that Bush supports amnesty and is on their side!

The abundance of Mexican flags pisses me off. Fuckin go back there if you're so fuckin proud.

Bush does not support amnesty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Nope, me too, go back to Mexico if you want to wave the Mexican flag.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The children of illegal immigrants are automatically citizens and can vote when they reach voting age.  Who do you think they'll vote for?  Most Central/South Americans are Marxists at heart, and will vote themselves a payraise every time.  Not only that, but they have about six times the birth rate of Americans (OK, I made that statistic up, but I don't doubt it's true.).

You're probably right as to whom they would vote for.  Regarding citizenship for illegals' children, there is a bill in the Senate that would put an end to the practice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
These are not immigrant protests no matter what they are being billed as. They are 'Protests against legislation that adversely impacts illegal aliens'.

rj

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
...and there are still those who would say a civil war in this country is not coming.

A civil war would be Americans fighting Americans. Although there would be quite a few American citizens that would fight with the INVADERS the vast majority are MEXICANS and various other central American nationalities. Therefore this would be a war to repel an invasion.  Unfortunately we didn't fight them at the border.

rj
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A civil war would be Americans fighting Americans. Although there would be quite a few American citizens that would fight with the INVADERS the vast majority are MEXICANS and various other central American nationalities. Therefore this would be a war to repel an invasion.  Unfortunately we didn't fight them at the border.

rj

OK then, but we will still be fighting within our own borders, and it will be nasty, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wont do any good, they have fakes down the street for $29.95 a pop.

Im more upset that we cant get at least the same amount to march in the streets to protesting to put up the wall, and start shipping them all back to their country of origen.

I would like to live and work in the US, at least for a while. If I like it, I might even take out citizenship. The number of hoops that I have to jump through to get there is astonishing, but understandable. When I hear stuff about amnisties, fake green cards, dodgy SS numbers, protests about laws to enforce other laws etc. it makes my blood boil. I could get on a plane tomorrow, fly to Mexico or Canada, walk across the border, get fake papers and be working in the career of my choice before the week is out, if I chose to do so illegally. Instead, I went in the Green Card lottery, am looking for an employer to sponsor me, and in the mean time I work and make my life here. This illegal immigration thing makes a mockery of the hard work others have gone through to do the right thing and make a life for themselves leaglly in the U.S.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I disagree. It's looking like the Republicans really stepped on their dicks with this one.

There was no NEED to make it a FELONY to be an illegal alien. All they had to do was simply punish the EMPLOYERS more and strengthen the border. Period, end of story. They didn't have to go and make poor little Jose the hedge-trimmer & Maria the motel-maid FELONS overnight by the stroke of a pen! What good does that do? Does that make it any bit easier find them or deport them? No. Not at all.

Besides, there wouldn't be hardly anyone marching in the streets against punishing employers for employing illegal workers and or strengthening the border.

But nooooooooooo. The ham-handed repbulicans had to go and screw up in an election year, stir up the entire hispanic community and galvanize a rapidly-growing yet teetering voting block against them.

In my opinion, this was very stupid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

rj

There was a raid in Painesville, Ohio, the day before this protest was held in Cleveland.......Painesville is about 40 miles east of Cleveland....anyways, the raid rounded up something like 20 people who were suspected of smuggling illegals to Ohio......the news channels flat out said, that this raid "probably" affected the turnout of the Cleveland protest.......even the new Mayor of Cleveland was at the protest.....It was un-fucking-believable!!.......Why do we even have Immigration Laws and procedures if they're not going to be enforced?.....

I have no qualms about any immigrant coming to our great Nation the legal way....I just have a problem with the ones who want to suck our resources dry, and not pay taxes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I wanna know why if all these large groups of illegal immigrants gathered and prostested, why wasnt INS there cleaning up?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
<Snip> They didn't have to go and make poor little Jose the hedge-trimmer & Maria the motel-maid FELONS overnight by the stroke of a pen!

Jose and Maria can take their asses back to Mexico and file papers legally.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Snip> They didn't have to go and make poor little Jose the hedge-trimmer & Maria the motel-maid FELONS overnight by the stroke of a pen!

Yes they can and should.

But making them felons overnight does absolutely nothing to help us find and deport them. So why kick the hornet's nest by doing that? Just increase the penalty on employing illegals and quadruple the amount of manpower and technology at the border to stop them from coming in. Why make being here a "felony"? How does that help anything?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I wanna know why if all these large groups of illegal immigrants gathered and prostested, why wasnt INS there cleaning up?

maybe we should move the Statue of Liberty down to the Rio Grand.....and build a new "Isla Elliso"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they can and should.

But making them felons overnight does absolutely nothing to help us find and deport them. So why kick the hornet's nest in doing that?

Supposedly, I think the purpose of making them felons will make it simpler for deportation. If not, at least then when they need exterminationethnic cleansing, they're already felons.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't get it either.

Max
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top