Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:26:14 PM EDT
Take a picture of your guns, and post them on an Austrailian web forum.  Mine thread is 10 pages long with people telling me that my evil full auto cannons (AR-15's) are designed for killing babies.  They are putting negative feedback on my profile because I own guns.  LOL!

I didn't post a link because the part of the board requires a password and it takes them like a week to get that to you.  I'll post some of the other responses here later if anybody wants.

Originally Posted by glock40sw
Firearms are just like woodworking tools...It needs Human error to cause an accident.

Nope. Don't agree Trev. The cannons shown were all designed for one purpose, killing humans ... deliberately (not by accident). THAT's what makes the difference.

I know of no woodworking tools designed for that purpose. I know of quite a few firearms that weren't designed for that purpose either. And yes, I know, all of them can be used for that purpose if someone chooses to, so can a biro. However, it's the design use that makes this little collection different ... to me anyway.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I piss off austrailians by calling them pussies.

Takes less time and effort then having to sign up on a message board and posting pics of firearms.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking kangaroos.......
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Huh.  Is that like the Aussie DU, or has the whole country been neutered like that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Huh.  Is that like the Aussie DU, or has the whole country been neutered like that?

No, it is a woodworking board with an "anything goes" section.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When i was younger, australians were synonymous with brute, outdoorsman, manly, tough,big knife weilding, cool accent, crocodile wrestling, excellent canned good throwers with a felon ancestry.

Now they are disarmed pussies living on an island similar to England.

My the times have changed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I piss off Australians and members of just about every other country on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
That's how you get these bans started, convince gun owners that some guns are more "evil" than others, and that these guns are designed specifically for killing humans.  Therefore, they have no legitimate "sporting" purpose and should be banned.  Australia is an example of what happens when you convince a large majority that this is true.  It's happening here too, we have our share of Elmer Fudds.  

These people don't have any logic, if you ask them what makes the gun better for killing people (or what makes it more powerful than a hunting rifle), they will give you a blank stare.

You could hold up a .30-06 round and a .223 and ask which one is more powerful, and they would tell you the .30-06.  Then you show them the guns that fire each, and they will tell you that the .223 is more powerful.  Completely retarded.  

Personally, I don't give a shit if the guns are designed to kill humans.  Some guns that I want ARE specifically designed for that purpose.  THAT'S WHAT SELF DEFENSE IS ABOUT: killing or stopping your enemy, whichever comes first.  The bonus is that these defensive weapons can also be used for hunting and target shooting.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Somewhere Crocodile Dundee is crying right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent.  Australia has been softened for the invasion.  Soon other countries will fall in line with Australia.

The chair is against the wall...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Excellent.  Australia has been softened for the invasion.  Soon other countries will fall in line with Australia.

John has a long moustache.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He's dead.  Have you read the story?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you kidding?  Crocodile Dundee is dead?  Damn, I liked him.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Its sad that the Aussie are now just another pussified nation taking it up the tailpipe like their British bretheren
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to this
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Its sad that the Aussie are now just another pussified nation taking it up the tailpipe like their British bretheren

Explain yourself
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to this

So he's alive now?  You guys can't keep putting me on this emotional roller coaster.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link to the forum and thread?  I will join, just to make a thread of my own.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to this

No, the real life Crocodile Dundee. The man upon whom the character played by Hogan was based.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to this

So he's alive now?  You guys can't keep putting me on this emotional roller coaster.  

Sorry, I meant the guy that the "crocodile dundee" character was based on.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'd also like the link.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#22]
"The barracuda is a bloody big fish."
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John has a long moustache.....

LOL
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not according to this

No, the real life Crocodile Dundee. The man upon whom the character played by Hogan was based.

Ah...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
All of Australia is now inhabited by clones of my 79 year old mother? Sure sounds like her.

Does she call you "mate"?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All of Australia is now inhabited by clones of my 79 year old mother? Sure sounds like her.

Does she call you "mate"?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#29]
That’s from years of government anti-gun indoctrination, don’t blame the sheep blame their leaders
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it is a woodworking board with an "anything goes" section.

Post a picture with two naked men holding an AR....that should get a mixed reaction!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats funny.  Did you try to inform these folks that guns were are devices of warfare?  We just adapted them to hunt with.  Not the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Thats funny.  Did you try to inform these folks that guns were are devices of warfare?  We just adapted them to hunt with.  Not the other way around.

Guns are tools, and they can be used for any purpose.  They were tools first, weapons second.

It's the same with bows and spears.  These tools are used for hunting human and non-human animals.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#33]
How to piss them off? Call them underlings.
Dont' ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Call then "Subjects of the crown"

Sure way to win friends.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd also like the link.

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey, I dated a brit girl for awhile (BTW, they don't like being called brits.  She said it was like us being called "yanks".  I don't have a problem with "Yanks".)  Anyway, she was totally brainwashed in the same way.  If she hadn't been so hot...  Anyway, she was afraid to shoot my SLINGSHOT!!!.  Said, "what do you need that for?"  I said to chase deer off the property.  Why would you want to do that?  Well, dig a tick out of your neck at 3 in the morning and you might change your mind.  The deer carry ticks.  But they were here first...  Doomed from the start.  Wonder what she would have thought of the contents of my safe...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Shooting (for sport) is on the rise over here. Sure, people have been brainwashed that guns are evil, but as the crime rate rises (and its rising fast), there will be a greater call for the relaxation of firearms laws.

BTW, don't piss off us Aussies. We're the best friends you've got (besides the Brits), but too many of us (not me)think that the Yanks range from harmless idiots to gun-toting baby killing redneck savages. The media here portrays you as such, and many of your expats and tourists are NOT a credit to you at all. If you want to keep us as allies, be a credit to your country and dont reinforce the stereotypes, even if you are just Aussie-baiting
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I know quite a few Aussies.
They are anything but pussies.
They WILL take their country back
from the libtards soon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
from the libtards soon.

Not holding my breath on this one, it cost the Aussie gubermint a ton of money collecting up everyone's guns, reimbursing the owners, and destroying them.  They'll never, never admit it was wrong.  In fact, they say they haven't gone far enough, bans on knives, swords and laser pointers followed.  What's next, pointy sticks?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I sure like thier accent though.

GM
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the libtards soon.

Not holding my breath on this one, it cost the Aussie gubermint a ton of money collecting up everyone's guns, reimbursing the owners, and destroying them.  They'll never, never admit it was wrong.  In fact, they say they haven't gone far enough, bans on knives, swords and laser pointers followed.  What's next, pointy sticks?

Australia is alot like the US. We have conservative and libertarians, and we have the "liberals". Sometimes the conservatives get the upper hand, sometimes the liberals do. Sometimes everyone gets confused, and conservatives confuscate guns, and liberals introduce Reganomics. Both of those things have happened here. As I recall, people have tried to ban guns in America. In some places, knives etc. are restricted. Does this mean that all Americans are pussies? I'll leave you to answer that one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the libtards soon.

Australia is alot like the US. We have conservative and libertarians, and we have the "liberals". Sometimes the conservatives get the upper hand, sometimes the liberals do. Sometimes everyone gets confused, and conservatives confuscate guns, and liberals introduce Reganomics. Both of those things have happened here. As I recall, people have tried to ban guns in America. In some places, knives etc. are restricted. Does this mean that all Americans are pussies? I'll leave you to answer that one.

Lert, I didn't say Aussies were pussies, someone else did.  My point was it cost the Aussie government too much in both money, time and prestige to do the gun collection and destruction and because of that they'll never admit it was wrong, to do so would make them a laughing stock.  It would be on par with the French government admitting their social give away programs have been a mistake.  Even when pushed in it's face no government is going to do that.  And I agree with all the points you bring up.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Shooting (for sport) is on the rise over here. Sure, people have been brainwashed that guns are evil, but as the crime rate rises (and its rising fast), there will be a greater call for the relaxation of firearms laws.

BTW, don't piss off us Aussies. We're the best friends you've got (besides the Brits), but too many of us (not me)think that the Yanks range from harmless idiots to gun-toting baby killing redneck savages. The media here portrays you as such, and many of your expats and tourists are NOT a credit to you at all. If you want to keep us as allies, be a credit to your country and dont reinforce the stereotypes, even if you are just Aussie-baiting

So there ARE some of you left?  Thank GOD.

Sounds like you have the American-style media too.  Hooray.  

Jim
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

As I recall, people have tried to ban guns in America. In some places, knives etc. are restricted. Does this mean that all Americans are pussies? I'll leave you to answer that one.

There are too many American wusses.

How about we take our American wusses, and your Australian wusses, toss in wusses from UK, Spain, and France, and a handful of other friendly countries, and give them their own country somewhere.  Hell, they can have the whole continent--of Antarctica.  Then we can all get back to being the ass-kicking, world leading post-colonial hegemony we're supposed to be.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I spent a month "down under" on my honeymoon. Surf was geat!

But the one thing I remember the most was...the souped up cars!!! I mean, is there any other country other than the U.S. where people hot-rod cars???

The Aussies do it!!! And they Surf!!! And drink beer!!! They are our closest bros, man.

They just need to get into mag fed semiautos.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the libtards soon.

Lert, I didn't say Aussies were pussies, someone else did.  My point was it cost the Aussie government too much in both money, time and prestige to do the gun collection and destruction and because of that they'll never admit it was wrong, to do so would make them a laughing stock.  It would be on par with the French government admitting their social give away programs have been a mistake.  Even when pushed in it's face no government is going to do that.  And I agree with all the points you bring up.

The pussies remark wasn't so much aimed at you as much as a general retort. You are right, of course. The "steal back" programme cost squillions and achieved nothing but to deprive law-abiding gun owners of their rights and rightful posessions, and drastically increase the rate of violent crime. Whilst Howard is in power, and whilst our states are run by federal fundng addicts, we won't get our gun rights back. When Howard goes (he's been PM for 10 years now. He can't last forever), then we might. The New South Wales govt has already sponsered the formation of a new shooting club to get around its own laws.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Take a picture of your guns, and post them on an Austrailian web forum.  Mine thread is 10 pages long with people telling me that my evil full auto cannons (AR-15's) are designed for killing babies.  They are putting negative feedback on my profile because I own guns.  LOL!

I didn't post a link because the part of the board requires a password and it takes them like a week to get that to you.  I'll post some of the other responses here later if anybody wants.

Originally Posted by glock40sw
Firearms are just like woodworking tools...It needs Human error to cause an accident.

Nope. Don't agree Trev. The cannons shown were all designed for one purpose, killing humans ... deliberately (not by accident). THAT's what makes the difference.

I know of no woodworking tools designed for that purpose. I know of quite a few firearms that weren't designed for that purpose either. And yes, I know, all of them can be used for that purpose if someone chooses to, so can a biro. However, it's the design use that makes this little collection different ... to me anyway.

Try likening Australia to Arkansas with a beach.  Works every time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I recall, people have tried to ban guns in America. In some places, knives etc. are restricted. Does this mean that all Americans are pussies? I'll leave you to answer that one.

There are too many American wusses.

How about we take our American wusses, and your Australian wusses, toss in wusses from UK, Spain, and France, and a handful of other friendly countries, and give them their own country somewhere.  Hell, they can have the whole continent--of Antarctica.  Then we can all get back to being the ass-kicking, world leading post-colonial hegemony we're supposed to be.

Jim

Sounds good. They can disarm and welfarise the penguins.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I know about Arkansas is that it gave the world Klinton! You bastad, you must really hate us
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I know about Arkansas is that it gave the world Klinton! You bastad, you must really hate us

Not all of you just met a few I thought were pricks.  So when is the Overthrow/Coup down thier?  You always have biggass sharks to throw the Socialists too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top