Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:18:08 AM EDT
Need some ideas for combos of what types of beans and spices.

Slow cooked. Beans are great for camping and I need them to taste good.  I will be eating them for a week or 3. this summer. Gonna try them out at home first though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard that they are good in chili.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't like sound effects, give them a good rinse and discard the water. Much of the gaseous producing elements will be removed.

If you're auditioning for the campfire scene, don't worry.

My favorite RED BEANS AND RICE

INGREDIENTS:

1 quart (4 cups) dried red beans
2 quarts water
1 pound ham or salt pork HAM HOCKS ARE GREAT
1 carrot, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
PREPARATION:

Soak the beans overnight in cold water; drain. Heat the beans in about 2 quarts of water, add all ingredients except salt, and boil for at least 2 hours. When beans are tender, mash them up a bit. Serve on white boiled rice with meat and vegetables on top.
Serves 10 to 12

I add file and Tabasco at the table.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
2 lbs thick sliced bacon
1 lb bob evans hot italian sausage
1 oninon
1 green pepper
3 large cans of busch's baked beans

in skillet browns sausage and set aside. next fry your bacon, onced cooked cut into pieces. sautee onion and green pepper in some of the bacon grease.  mix everything together and enjoy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top