Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT

ive got sooo many CD's and i am going to need more to fill the 30GB Ipod i plan on buying soon...

ok so maybe i wont be able to FILL it but... you get the idea

i need some suggestions for music to download-  the ipod will be used to play at parties and when we are out on the beach- so its gotta be good for everyone!

i have music like - Black Label Society, Linkin Park, Metallica, Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit, Johnny Cash,  Blink 182, Everlast, DropKick Murphys, Drowning Pool, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Seven Mary Three, Systematic, Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Nickelback, Nine Inch Nails, Ozzy, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Sound Garden, Disturbed, Jimmy Hendrix, Staind, Trapt, Saliva, Sevendust, Papa Roach, Alice in Chains, Mad Season,  

gonna get some AC/DC, Motley Crue, Tom Petty...

DID I MISS ANYTHING?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
PANTERA~!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
get a sirius radio..... i havnt listened to a CD since christmas
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
how could i forget pantera!

see, when we have the speedboats pulled up to the beach, sitting there drinking beer with our toes in the sand... i can set the ipod between the two boats, turn the radios to the tuner, and let the music crank on random play. its gonna be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of my personal favorites............

1: VNV Nation
2: Rammstein
3: Tool
4: Static-X
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
STEEL HEART
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
chips' reccomendations:

1. poison the well
2. dying fetus
3. chimaira
4. as i lay dying
5. killswitch engage
6. machine head
7. atreyu
8. every time i die
9. twelve tribes
10. dillinger escape plan

this is a start, but it will do for now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
You might like "Dry Cell." They are a lot like Linkin Park. I'm not sure how big they are, so you might have trouble finding the music.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out At The Gates, In Flames, and The Black Dahlia Murder if you're into melodic death/black metal.

For more thrashy stuff, check out Sepultura, Slayer, Pantera, and Fear Factory to name a few.

For blues, I've always dug Mississippi Delta blues like Robert Johnson and Mississippi Fred McDowell.

For chill music, I'm a big fan of DJ Shadow and Matisyahu.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You are right, you do need some good music.  I don't think you could pay me to listen to the stuff you listed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#10]
In Flames
Soilwork
Dark Tranquillity
Trivium
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You are right, you do need some good music.  I don't think you could pay me to listen to the stuff you listed.

+1, I just discovered this kid out of the UK that I really like.
100% pure blood roots based rock, his name is Scott McKeon, really funky, blusey, balsy, and rockin.

Anything that you like to listen to IS good music, so NHF about me piling on w/sum-rifle.
:)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I like these guys:

www.machinaesupremacy.com

Hard to describe, they're Swedish, (not black metal!) rockers who are heavily influenced by video game and computer music.  A lot of their tracks feature sounds produced by the SID chip from the old Commodore 64.  Some of the tracks are fair to middling, some are awesome.  A whole bunch are available for free on their website, so hey, check em out.  I have their first CD, need to order the second... the samples on the website from it are pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]
WTF if you don't have Maiden, you don't have music.
If you like Dropkick Murphys, you need some Flogging Molly as well.
Pennywise/Offspring/Sum for the grunge sound.
Charlie Daniels and Jerry Jeff Walker for beer drinking CW.
Scorpions/Tesla/Bon Jovi for easy listening rock.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
TRIVIUM!!!!
MACHINE HEAD!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
tool, apc, nonpoint, jane's addiction, MM, soad, i could go on and on and on

p.s. lacuna coil too

p.p.s. 87th post-----ta-da! yay (the only one who cares is cousinit50)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top