Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:41:37 PM EDT
Suppose that ALL forms of social welfare were eliminated and the only way to make a buck was to work for it.  Would you be less concerned with illegal immigration or would you be just as opposed to it?  Would you support any kind of amnesty for those who had jobs or would you still be in favor of deporting them?

I'm just wondering if people's main opposition to this problem is financial or wholly on principle.

eta: Oops the 2nd poll answer should say "No, they should still be DEported"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
A country controls it's borders for many reasons:
economic - welfare, taxes and population control
health - disease control  
citizenship - keep career criminals out

I oppose illegal imigration and illegal aliens for many reasons.  I will always be opposed to it.  Any country should be able to control who comes into their counrty.  amnesty is appeasment to criminals.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Eliminate Welfare AND get rid of the Mexicans

Not a poll option

Besides there is more than one way to tap the system. Schools, hospitals, etc, etc and the bottom line is we are all paying for it, in one or many more ways. Hell, I am way up in WI so I can just imagine what it is like in the southwest.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not a poll option

Well there are thousands if not millions of other ethnic groups here illegally so it's inclusive of them all.  For example the Irish PM asked for amnesty recently for the illegal Irish immigrants here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
oboy here we go again
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand option #2. What kind of support?

#1 Yes, they can stay
#2 No, they should still be supported
#3 Don't care

I vote for the non-existent #4 No, they should still be deported.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

#1 Yes, they can stay
#3 Don't care

Sorry it should say DEported but I couldn't figure out how to edit the poll, is it possible?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a poll option

Well there are thousands if not millions of other ethnic groups here illegally so it's inclusive of them all.  For example the Irish PM asked for amnesty recently for the illegal Irish immigrants here.

Get rid of all the illegals, no doubt but all of the rest combined pale in comparison to the problem with the Mexicans. And that's what they are, not Americans, Mexicans.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

#1 Yes, they can stay
#3 Don't care

Sorry it should say DEported but I couldn't figure out how to edit the poll, is it possible?

Cool, that was post #686 for you. That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
we've created this situation out of our own greed.
It has become a classic case of reaping what you have sown.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
No handouts, few illegals.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You should write congress and tell them that profound thought!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone here illegally should be deported.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1

couldnt of said it better my self
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

couldnt of said it better my self

Me either! I used to own income properties. 1 unit was like the illegals portal to this state's welfare office! 1 family would move in and the other out every 6months to a year. I got new illegals. BUT, since the women CAME here 7/8/9 months preggo's the child she dropped was a citizen when born here SO the whole family got to stay.Plus they""" really work the """system.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Trick poll..............
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not a poll option

Besides there is more than one way to tap the system. Schools, hospitals, etc, etc and the bottom line is we are all paying for it, in one or many more ways. Hell, I am way up in WI so I can just imagine what it is like in the southwest.

+1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#18]
No.

What's wrong with following the law, or if you're not happy, doing something to change it.

No illegal immigration...

I would say deported but I think the employers should be fined about $20-50,000 per employee to take care of the costs.  No jobs for illegals..no illegal problem.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Suppose that ALL forms of social welfare were eliminated...

Never going to happen.  Even if it did, they still negatively effect schools, roads, hospitals, jails.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, we should start with the supposed retards that they think they are smart.  Kick their asses to Mexico.  But then they would want to start war when they see your sorry dumbass.  Oops sorry I mean smartass.

89grand = clean cut!    Pwned by the grand Phoobah himself no less.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, we should start with the supposed retards that they think they are smart.  Kick their asses to Mexico.  But then they would want to start war when they see your sorry dumbass.  Oops sorry I mean smartass.

89grand = clean cut!    Pwned by the grand Phoobah himself no less.  

Yeah, I was owned by someone else that can't seem to grasp a threads meaning.

It was only ED, your dumbass and that other dumbass that couldn't grasp what the thread was about. The other 20 or so people that posted on it sure didn't seem to have the comprehension problem you three had.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#22]
How about letting in the Mexicans that actually want to work and sending Mexico all our welfare recipents?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top