Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:08:11 PM EDT
I want to build a site to post some pics and to keep friends and family informed about the upcoming fire season.  It would be easier to post pics and info to one place than to email everyone.

Any tips, as I don't know the slightest thing about going about this...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
www.geocities.com

unless someone wants to DONATE some server space to a firefighter.... HINT HINT!

You will need a photo manipulation program to smallerize pics for internet posting.

Geocities is pretty good with the pagebuilder option but it will have banner ads and popups.

For like $8 a month you can get a package deal for a website.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a Google search on "website templates"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a website thru my ISP but I don't know how to go about making the site custom to me...I can only seem to edit the site with MS word and that sux....

myweb.cableone.net/TSCArbaugh
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Netscape used to have a free webpage editor that they offered with their browser.  It was pretty good for free.  Otherwise, do a google search for web editors.

Your ISP's help page should give you instructions on how to upload your html files to their server (your webpage).

Good luck,

M.L.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a site started on bluevoda but I don't know how to get it over to my ISP supplied web site....All they talk about is using MS Front page and I don't have it and I am not going to spend $100 for it....

Any help would be appreciated....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
you need to create the website on your home computer then use FTP to move it over to your ISP's web server.  Your ISP should have instructions for how to do this.  Just make sure you find out what to call you default page.  Sometimes it must be named index.html or default.html your ISP should have all these answers.

After you have the initial setup complete you will then just be able to upload pictures via FTP and it won't be a big deal at all.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a site started on bluevoda but I don't know how to get it over to my ISP supplied web site....All they talk about is using MS Front page and I don't have it and I am not going to spend $100 for it....

Any help would be appreciated....

IM inbound  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top