Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:42 PM EDT
OK Check this out. We took the opportunity to go to Tempe AZ this last weekend to the Angels spring training camp. If you are baseball fans and never had the opportunity to do this.. YOU NEED TO GO!

Baseball players are real cool to deal with at Spring training. They take the time to sit with you, talk and sign autographs. We were RIGHT ON THE FIELD!!

But THE BEST part of the weekend was when this guy Bill Lachemann walked over to my 2 year old boy and GAVE HIM an official "2005 World Series" ball

Here is Vladamir Guerrero. two feet from us... signed autographs... REAL NICE!

Here is Curtis Pride. Another awesome player... but check this out, he is deaf.

Newest Pitcher to the Angels Jered Weaver

Rob Quinlan and Adam Kennedy

Big Daddy Vladdy... Man this guy is TALL

By the way, Arizonans.. You have got THE BEST zoo... World Wildlife Zoo. The white tigers were cool.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
More pics in a minute....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
F&%@ing Angels

Spring training is a great chance to get close to the players, real laid back time. Tons of fun.

Looks like you had a hell of a time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be an Angels fan as long as Darrin Erstad play for them.  He was our punter on the '94 team that won the NC and is also the most prolific hitter in NU history.  Darrin was 3rd in the country as a punter and could easily have played in the NFL.

I love the Angels.

HH
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Someday.  Looks like you had a good time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Baseball is the only sport I still enjoy. The payscale is through the roof and many of the playes are a bunch of whining babies but I still think back to my summers playing ball with the neighborhood kids...memories I'll always cherish...and I still get a chill down my spine when I get to the stadium...nice pics...bring on the summer!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Should cut ALL their pay....already out of the "world" series
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Jered Weaver... his brother Jeff pitches for the Dodgers.

It would be cool to watch The Freeway series with those two pitching against each other.

Big Daddy Vladdy's on my fantasy team.

No they BOTH pitch for the Angels now. We saw Jeff pitch and BLOW the first inning of their game against the Cubs last Thursday. Apparently he has blown the last 4 starts. Not good for Jeff.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be cool to watch The Freeway series with those two pitching against each other.

No they BOTH pitch for the Angels now. We saw Jeff pitch and BLOW the first inning of their game against the Cubs last Thursday. Apparently he has blown the last 4 starts. Not good for Jeff.

GO CUBBIES
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome dude! Last week I was in Jupiter Fl and watched 3 STL Cardinal games! It was awesome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Cubs fans we got you covered too!

Todd Walker signed my daughter's ball:

Here is Todd Walker kickin back:

Juan Pierre
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Awesome dude! Last week I was in Jupiter Fl and watched 3 STL Cardinal games! It was awesome.

Dont tell my daughters that... They not only have my oldest daughters favorite player David Eckstein but now they have my younger daughters favorite, Scott Spezio. w00t

ETA: we got a chance to go to a Padres vs Cardinals game last year down in San diego and I thought we were going to be the odd ones out with my oldest wearing a Cardinals shirt... Nope, I think 1/2 the stadium was packed with Cardinals fans.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Oakland A's I only have 1 pic for you... Eric Chavez. What was funny that last year both teams were fighting for the AL West. I see Eric chavez walk into the stadium, walks up to Angel's pitcher Scot Shields and the two hug like they are old friends.

I guess its all business with these guys but they keep friendships where they're supposed to be. That is cool.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont tell my daughters that... They not only have my oldest daughters favorite player David Eckstein but now they have my younger daughters favorite, Scott Spezio. w00t

I took this picture last Wednesday
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Got to chat with Mulder, Suppan, Carpenter (Jeez hes tall), and Izzy the closer.

Awesome experience, hope I get to again someday!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool pics!!!!

That pics is pricless
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, that's cool. Baseball's the only sport I still follow also. Thanks for adding the Cards photos, St Louis is my team.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap you're right. He signed with the Angels about a month ago.

Wish Jeff would get rid of the attitude though... NOT very becoming.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Fridge

Check this out

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey Fridge

Check this out
i1.tinypic.com/rvke89.jpg

KIRBY PUCKETT!!!!! NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

ummmm can I have it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Another Cub... For you cub fans.

Sorry they are trickling in...Im posting them as I download them and edit. Not that I am going to post all the pics but we have over 350 pics.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'll be an Angels fan as long as Darrin Erstad play for them.  He was our punter on the '94 team that won the NC and is also the most prolific hitter in NU history.  Darrin was 3rd in the country as a punter and could easily have played in the NFL.

I love the Angels.

HH

Erstad just gives 110% AND THEN GIVES MORE. He is so dedicated to the game and I dont know ANYONE who takes the game any more serious than he does.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#24]
The Angels are really good to the fans.

Even before regular season games many will sign autographs and talk to the fans.

Arte Moreno has done a great job to make the games very family friendly and who can argue with Soccia's coaching style.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Go Cards!

Great pictures!

ETA: Here are pics of Busch Stadium. It looks as if it might get done in time.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#26]
forgot this one...
this is for diehard cubs fans....

and perhaps one might tell the story behind this guy.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I love the Angels.

HH

His former football playing came to spotlight last year when he tackled a catcher blocking the plate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap you're right. He signed with the Angels about a month ago.

It would have been funny tho....
because we also have the brother of the dodgers shortstop.

Last year, I think scully 'bout had a heart attack he was so excited about having 2 sets of brothers at one game...(the molinas and izturis brothers)
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Cool pics.   Can you get me a signed ball?    I want one from Mark Mulder, though I wish Mulder would pull it together and have another great season.  He's been so up and down for a couple years.  There was a stretch in Oakland in '02 i think where he threw 3 games with under 300 pitches, went 2-1, 0 era (one run unearned in a 1-0 loss).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Go Cards!

Great pictures!

ETA: Here are pics of Busch Stadium. It looks as if it might get done in time.

i1.tinypic.com/rw28e8.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/rw28hv.jpg

Old Busch was the classroom where I learned to LOVE baseball, and Ozzie Smith was the professor; so Im going to miss it a lot, but I cant wait to see games in the new stadium. Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice try, DrFrige. Post a manly man thread about of all things, BASEBALL... we all know you're just trying to divert attention from this!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Nice try, DrFrige. Post a manly man thread about of all things, BASEBALL... we all know you're just trying to divert attention from this!

YOUUUUUUUU BITCH!!!!!

No no no I wasnt creating a diversion... Not at all...

QUICK!!!! Look over there--------------->
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Baseball = teh ghey
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#35]

I'd like to go to another game...I might go this summer with my girlfriend and her family...

and by the way...do NOT refer to their venue as "The Cell", I call it "Sox Park."  Since it is not Comiskey anymore...

am I the only White Sox fan here?

and BTW

CUCK FUBS!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Baseball = teh ghey

I like baseball
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

CUCK FUBS!

We see the sox every year...
Podsednik and Figgins battled it out for stolen base king last year....
wasnt it AJ that erstad ran over last year?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would have been funny tho....
because we also have the brother of the dodgers shortstop.

Last year, I think scully 'bout had a heart attack he was so excited about having 2 sets of brothers at one game...(the molinas and izturis brothers)

LOL! I think I remember that game. Ya know, I love Vin Scully but he really goes overboard with the folksy homespun humor sometimes.... "bottom of the 2nd, 2 balls, 2 strikes, 2 broken bats, 2 groundouts, the number 2 hitter at the plate, and whaddaya know, 2 sets of brothers in the same game..."

I remember another game when there were 4 or 5 players named "Jason" in the game. He was having a field day with that one.

I started to feel bad for Macier and Cesar....he told the story of how they are brothers soooo many times...(they are 8 months apart I believe.....dad was a slut)
I remember the Jason game too....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top