Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:31:58 PM EDT
I posted about him before but I have some new info.

says he went to Ranger School, SERE, Airborne,Sniper School, Was with 82nd in Iraq, attached to  Ranger Batt, Marines for a short time. Horseback in Afganistan with psyops...

Well I was checking out his pics and he graduated from basic in June 2001 got out before Jan 05 (cause thats when he started working for me)

another thing is he went to Ft Jackson for basic, I really dont know if someone could go straight from basic to ranger school, If  you go from OSUT thats one thing but from a 9 week mixed sex basic to benning school for boys???

Great guy, and I try to give him the benefit of the doubt but damn these are alot of claims, once I started thinking about it thats a  lot of schools and deployments for a short amount of time.

any help on this one,  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
it's bullshit time! Only pogues go to Jackson for basic. If you really want to pop this guy, ask to see his DD 214...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
try to sneak up on him in his cubicle and pop a paper bag behind his head.  
His reaction should make you aware whether or not he is telling the truth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it's bullshit time! Only pogues go to Jackson for basic. If you really want to pop this guy, ask to see his DD 214...

DD214 should have all his active duty time right? Should also have schools?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll have a list of awards, time on active duty, reasons discharged etc. Also, you can ask to see his DA 2-1 and 2A and that will tell you what schools he has, when hewent, his weapons qual, all kinds of stuff. More than likely he will say he lost them or whatever, which is not uncommon, but if he's out he should have just about his entire 201 file. Tabs and patches can be bought and sewn on, but is paperwork won't lie. Not having been to Ranger school myself, I wouldn't be able to pop him on specific details about the school, but paperwork is always a good place to look
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

will have at least his MOS and time in service. Hopefully he put all his schools in when he outprocessed. even still, he is full of crap. What was his MOS where did he go to basic? Jackson? Probably a mechanic.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
He is a dirty, lying motherfucker. IM me his name and I'll see if I can find out what he really did in the Army.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If some guy came up to me at work and said he wanted to see my DD214 I would tell him/her to pound salt.

Some of you poser hunters are acting unbalanced .
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

will have at least his MOS and time in service. Hopefully he put all his schools in when he outprocessed. even still, he is full of crap. What was his MOS where did he go to basic? Jackson? Probably a mechanic.

Supposedly originally a light wheel mechanic, then Psyop I didn't even know that was a MOS?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]
ask him the easy stuff

MOS
where did he go to basic?
ask if he submitted his dd214 with his resume and remind him that he should. Dont flat out ask him for it. Like Slaughter said, many troops will tell you to get screwed.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If some guy came up to me at work and said he wanted to see my DD214 I would tell him/her to pound salt.

maybe, but would you go around braggin about your experiences to the whole world in the first place? Most guys wouldn't if they actually had been there and done that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah thats why i cannot just ask, I would love to give it a look.

The weird part is the guy must have really done his homework because he knows details about the places he has been too, cause i have been to some of the same places.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Supposedly originally a light wheel mechanic, then Psyop I didn't even know that was a MOS?

PsyOp is an MOS, 37F
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If he wasn't running around lying about what he did, nobody would bother him about his creds. .
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PsyOp is an MOS, 37F

roger, thx
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I look at it this way. If he isnt making up any stories of being a hero, I would ignore his BS and distance myself from him. I would probably even make him get the feeling I know he is  full of crap so he distances himself from me. If he is making up crap about being some hero, saving lives and killing folks with his MRE spoon then smoke him out. Big time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
PsyOp is an MOS, 37F

Indeed it is.  One I held myself for about 5 years

While Im no longer in 4th POG, I still maintain my contacts there.  The Horseback with Psyop story is just way too good to be true.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PsyOp is an MOS, 37F

While Im no longer in 4th POG, I still maintain my contacts there.  The Horseback with Psyop story is just way too good to be true.

I think he saw tha story about "Bones" and the SF guys on horseback and imagined himself there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Had a similar thing happen to me.  Co-worker claimed Ranger Sniper.  Turned out he was 82nd who had a completed Ranger school and was the squad sniper.  Never served with Batt.  This guy is a cool guy also, good worker too.  I think a lot of these guys just figure that when they talk to the average Joe about the issue, it is all the same to them.  No real malice involved.  I doubt most would claim to be in the 75th to someone who is scrolled.  Regardless, they should still be thanked for their service.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
PsyOp is an MOS, 37F

I think he saw tha story about "Bones" and the SF guys on horseback and imagined himself there.

And Horses tend to get pissed off when you try and plug the Loudspeaker into their bunghole

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

And Horses tend to get pissed off when you try and plug the Loudspeaker into their bunghole

BC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Had a similar thing happen to me.  Co-worker claimed Ranger Sniper.  Turned out he was 82nd who had a completed Ranger school and was the squad sniper.  Never served with Batt.  This guy is a cool guy also, good worker too.  I think a lot of these guys just figure that when they talk to the average Joe about the issue, it is all the same to them.  No real malice involved.  I doubt most would claim to be in the 75th to someone who is scrolled.  Regardless, they should still be thanked for their service.

Yeah but i'm in so the stories just sound far fetched.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#24]
All you have to do is look at what he is claiming. He admits he was a mechanic to begin with. Presumably from that he went to psyops, then to Ranger School(don't you have to be an E-4 to go to Ranger School?), then to SERE, then to Sniper School, then on two different deployments, all in less than four years(unless he got put out early).

If he was that much of a stud, why was he a mechanic in the beginning? What could he possibly have to offer that thousands of more experienced soldiers lack?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Are most people in Psyop units tabbed?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds wierd. If you do get his DD-214 (freedom of information act, $20?) SERE school won't show up on it. Or at least it didn't show up on mine. I think because it's either too short or it doesn't affect MOS or NCOES. Oh yeah, it does show up on that thing that equates military service to college credit. (used mine to skip Phys Ed) It's called either dantes or aartes or something. I'll get back to you. I'm going to try and check it out online.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sounds wierd. If you do get his DD-214 (freedom of information act, $20?) SERE school won't show up on it. Or at least it didn't show up on mine. I think because it's either too short or it doesn't affect MOS or NCOES. Oh yeah, it does show up on that thing that equates military service to college credit. (used mine to skip Phys Ed) It's called either dantes or aartes or something. I'll get back to you. I'm going to try and check it out online.

Yes AArtes i remember something like that, Because it got me college credits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

he's right, I forgot it was also there. Also, another guy had a good point. 2 years is not enough time for all that. I just got done with 1 deployment and it took me a year and a half from the time I left home to the time I got back. True, Ranger batts have shorter but more frequent deployments, and no not everyone (in fact few) psyop guys are tabbbed as it is an 80% reserve MOS
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#29]
This site provides active, veteran and retired Army, National Guard and Reserve members the capability to view a personal copy of their Army American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) transcript.  Users may also view a list of previous transcripts that AARTS has produced.   Note that the transcript presented here is for personal use, and not intended for use by colleges and other educational institutions.  The "Official Transcript" link allows you to request a copy of your AARTS transcript be sent to the educational institution of your choice.   The transcript contents include ONLY those courses and MOSs that AARTS has been officially informed of by primary DA sources.   If item(s) are missing, links are provided to AARTS web pages that may help to correct discrepancies or omissions.
aartstranscript.army.mil
you need to know his ssn, birth date and the month/year he entered the army

good luck busting this guy, and tell us what you find
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey, Vietnam vets used to have a hell of a time with homeless guys showing up to all thier meetings and rallys wearing dusty field jackets and talking about being seals, sfers, etc. That's when they started filing freedom of info paperwork to get these guys records. Turns out the majority of the dregs were cooks in germany or admin in okinawa.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
All you have to do is look at what he is claiming. He admits he was a mechanic to begin with. Presumably from that he went to psyops, then to Ranger School(don't you have to be an E-4 to go to Ranger School?), then to SERE, then to Sniper School, then on two different deployments, all in less than four years(unless he got put out early).

If he was that much of a stud, why was he a mechanic in the beginning? What could he possibly have to offer that thousands of more experienced soldiers lack?

You can get RIP in your contract when you enlist, but I seriously doubt there is any way in hell he could get RIP in his contract w/o being 11X.  So if he's a light wheel mech originally....I just don't see it.  No way he's going to get the hooah schools and now way in hell he's getting a billet for sniper school.

BC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm pretty sure RIP is an Infantry only contract option.

Even if his story was possible, I still wouldn't buy it. Why would a guy that was inclined to do all that high speed shit go in as anything but an Infantryman?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#33]
well he says he had to take mechanic to get into a psyop unit then once their he got his mos changed, then went to high speed schools.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#34]
4. Students must be CMF 11B, 11M or in the CMF 18 series. (NON-WAIVERABLE
that's from http://www.specialoperations.com/Schools/Army_Sniper/Default.htm
I'm commo, got airborne school in my contract, and after graduation the RIP guys were there to take any volunteers who had an MOS in the 75th's MTOE
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PsyOp is an MOS, 37F

Maybe he was like the 4th POG Horse Whisperer...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
well he says he had to take mechanic to get into a psyop unit then once their he got his mos changed, then went to high speed schools.

If only it was really that easy to get an MOS changed.

What kind of school do you have to go to for psyop anyway?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Ok....BS on that right there.

BC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag. For eventual outing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'm commo, got airborne school in my contract, and after graduation the RIP guys were there to take any volunteers who had an MOS in the 75th's MTOE

+1.  Office on the left as you enter the patches building. I'm at Benning now. I would suggest you ask him if he didn't keep a copy of his ERB. That'll have all the dope on it. Thiunk of some sneaky way, like asking about language or date of rank.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Just tell him that there are people in the office that think he is full of it and that he needs to produce a 214 or shut his mouth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Office on the left as you enter the patches building. I'm at Benning now. I would suggest you ask him if he didn't keep a copy of his ERB. That'll have all the dope on it. Thiunk of some sneaky way, like asking about language or date of rank.

ERB?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Erm, Psyop is an attachment.  We never... well 99.9% of the time are solo.  I don't think we ever rode horses *shrug*.
We do have man-portable speaker systems, I guess that would save the horses ass.  

If he uses the word "Psyops" that right there is a #1 positive proof that he is fake.  1st thing we learn in AIT, "It's PSYOP, not PSYOPSSSSS!" During Re-Class, first thing I told the incomming soldiers, "It's Psyop."  We got smoked every time someone said Psyops.  So trust me, its annoying as hell when anyone adds that S.  PSYOP, or PSYOPper.
Ask him to define a TAWW and its parts.  That is the backbone of psyop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#43]
well shit from this site I think i have already found a blatant lie

You cannot even go to sniper school unless your 11 or 18 series

He was not!

sniper school
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

No.  9th PSYOP Bn (9th POB) has a "Ranger Det" that supports the 75th Ranger Regiment.  There are Ranger qualified Soldiers in the 4th PSYOP Group (4th POG) as well as in the RC 2nd & 7th POG.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Maybe he got POG ang pogie mixed up?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Only "O"s

Not enlisted unless he was in the 75th and got his E4 and left after he got his tab.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Before you decide he is an imposter, ask him stright up for his class number and look up the class roster on the net.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Before you decide he is an imposter, ask him stright up for his class number and look up the class roster on the net.

roger, what class would start around nov 2001
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

roger, what class would start around nov 2001

His class number will be something like XX-AA, where XX = the two digit class number and AA = the year he attended the school.

These guys will be more than happy to help.

BC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#50]
any idea where I can find lists?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top