Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:23:03 PM EDT
Just heard on the news that there was a customer in the checkout line who had his legal concealed carry weapon on him when an armed robber came in to the Homeland grocery store. The customer drew and shot the robber, but he made it back outside to the get away car and was driven away by the getaway driver. They say the robber was hit seriously because there is A LOT of blood at the scene, so much that they say if the robber doesn't get to a hospital soon he will more than likely die.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wooohoooo!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Cleanup on isle 4.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
thats more like a red and blue light special on isle 4
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats 1 for the good guys!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I need a link to post this to the libtards
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn it is nice when the good guys win one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The standard lib response will be that the CCW holder escalated a simple robbery into a violent act.  The poor (alleged) robber would have gladly taken some money and left without harming anyone.  Instead the evil gun nut wounded the defenseless (alleged) robber and placed all the other customers and employees in jeopardy.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The full news story should be on www.kotv.com or www.ktul.com or www.fox23.com shortly.
I will check them in the morning and post any update if the night crew doesn't do so.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
If the shooter doesn't get AT LEAST a $1000.00 gift card from Homeland we should boycott.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The standard lib response will be that the CCW holder escalated a simple robbery into a violent act.  The poor (alleged) robber would have gladly taken some money and left without harming anyone.  Instead the evil gun nut wounded the defenseless (alleged) robber and placed all the other customers and employees in jeopardy.  

The libtards I'm going to aim it at can't think that much.  One of them is a gay truckdriver that swears up and down he's been abducted by Aliens.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The libtards I'm going to aim it at can't think that much.  One of them is a gay truckdriver that swears up and down he's been abducted by Aliens.

Sorry.  I thought you were referring to run-of-the-mill libs.  I didn't know you were talking to one of the more level-headed of the bunch.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry.  I thought you were referring to run-of-the-mill libs.  I didn't know you were talking to one of the more level-headed of the bunch.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Tulsa is always more interesting when I am not there!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow...I used to shop at that Homeland at 89th & Memorial...

$20 says the robbers live over in Sun Chase Apartments @ 93rd & Memorial...A friend who's a Deputy says there's lots of criminal activity at that complex...they're always finding stolen cars over there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope to hear a report of dead armed robber soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]
One incident like this is worth 100 police on the street in my book.  

Too bad some lawyer is going to file a civil suit against the CCW holder.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hope to hear a report of dead armed robber soon.

You heartless bastard! He was just trying to get money to feed his addiction children.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:13:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's obvious that you don't know much about Oklahoma...

No criminal charges will be filed. Period.

In the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY event that a civil case is filed, the plantiff won't get jack-shit...no jury in Oklahoma will have any sympathy for the shit-stain who caught a round robbing a grocery store...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
there is A LOT of blood at the scene, so much that they say if the robber doesn't get to a hospital soon he will more than likely die.

Can someone say DNA? Hopefully this guy has a sample on file so they can ID him real quick, even if they don't find him at the hospital in emergency surgery getting sewn up.
Sometimes it seems like bad guys have a tendency to get shot, stabbed, dipped in battery acid, run over by a  bus load of escaping prisoners from the state pen, etc etc and not  die ,where in a similar situation a grade A good guy gets what might be a grazing shot  to any bad guy and winds up DRT. Sometimes its just hard to figure out why it happens that way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's obvious that you don't know much about Oklahoma...Drove through there once.  I do not remember it

No criminal charges will be filed. Period.

In the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY event that a civil case is filed, the plantiff won't get jack-shit...no jury in Oklahoma will have any sympathy for the shit-stain who caught a round robbing a grocery store...

I hope you are right.  Civil suits happen every time up here.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:01:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just heard on the news that there was a customer in the checkout line who had his legal concealed carry weapon on him when an armed robber came in to the Homeland grocery store. The customer drew and shot the robber, but he made it back outside to the get away car and was driven away by the getaway driver. They say the robber was hit seriously because there is A LOT of blood at the scene, so much that they say if the robber doesn't get to a hospital soon he will more than likely die.

Musta been a 9mm..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#27]
It's a shame this didn't get posted in the Hometown Oklahoma forum.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Better outcome than the N.H.  grocery robbery.  One report said he had to crawl to the getaway car so maybe he's DOA. Keep in mind too that roughly %80 of all gunshots (handgun) are surived.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#29]
www.kotv.com/main/home/eclips.asp?clipid=2239

News report video.Hopefully they release the surv cam video soon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Makes me proud to live in Oklahoma.  Hope all you Oklahoma arfcommers show up at the Gun Show in Tulsa on April 1st.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#31]
from link posted earlier:

Breaking News: Armed Robbery Gone Wrong
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:25:05 PM

Two men walked into the Homeland at 89th and Memorial. They walked up to the cashier, and one of them pulled out a gun, demanding money. That's when a customer pulled out a gun and shot one of the robbers. The robber then began to crawl towards the door. Both men were able to get away in a white four-door Oldsmobile. No word yet how badly the suspect was hurt. The customer who shot the suspect did have a concealed weapons permit. If you have any information about this case, call Crimestoppers. The number is 596-COPS.

------------------------------------

ha-ha!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Tulsa is currently in the middle of mayoral elections and incumbent Bill LaFortune is already being marked as soft on crime. Hopefully, this will be a factor and the CCW holder won't be prosecuted.

Tulsa Daily World, Sunday March 19th 2006

www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=060319_Ne_a19_mansh

Man shot during store robbery
By SHAUN EPPERSON World Staff Writer
3/19/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

Police say a customer with a concealed-pistol permit shot one of two armed men holding up a Tulsa grocery.
A man was shot Saturday evening as he and another man attempted to rob a Homeland store near 91st Street and Memorial Drive, police reported.

Two men in dark clothing approached a register around 7:15 p.m and demanded money from employees as one of the men brandished a semi-automatic pistol, Capt. Brett Bai ley said.

Shortly afterward, a customer in line nearby pulled out a revolver and shot the man holding the pistol, Bailey said.

Police think the customer fired one shot at the robber, he said.

Although police don't know where the gunman was wounded, they know that he was hit, Bailey said.

"There was blood on the floor," he said. "He definitely was hit."

The two bandits then ran into the parking lot and fled in a white four-door sedan, Bailey said.

The vehicle possibly was an older model Oldsmobile, police said.

Police do not know whether the men got any money from the store, they said.

Officers locked down the store and asked everyone inside to give a statement about what they saw, Bailey  said.

Police said the customer who shot the robber had a license to carry a concealed pistol.

Several bystanders were in the store, but no one else was injured, police said.

A Homeland employee, Linda Lewis, said she was sacking groceries when she saw two men wearing hoods trying to push their way into a gated area of the store to an office where a safe was located.

"I turned around and saw these guys come in with hoods over their faces," she said.

She lay down on the floor, she said, because she "knew something was going to happen."

Next, she said, she heard gunfire and feared that an employee had been shot.

"I heard two shots, and I didn't know if a customer or a robber was shot," she said. "I thought we'd be next."

Lewis said she was "scared half to death," adding that she was thankful that no cus tomers or employees had been shot.

"If it hadn't been for him (the armed customer), there's no telling what would have happened," she said.

Police were searching for two men in connection with the robbery Saturday.

Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS. Callers can remain anonymous, and the Crime Commission pays cash rewards for tips leading to the arrest of anyone who commits a felony crime.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Epperson 581-8369
[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#34]
WOOT!  One less scumbag.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Tulsa Daily World, Sunday March 19th 2006

www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=060319_Ne_a19_mansh

Man shot during store robbery
By SHAUN EPPERSON World Staff Writer
3/19/2006

A Homeland employee, Linda Lewis, said she was sacking groceries when she saw two men wearing hoods trying to push their way into a gated area of the store to an office where a safe was located.

"I turned around and saw these guys come in with hoods over their faces," she said.

She lay down on the floor, she said, because she "knew something was going to happen."

Next, she said, she heard gunfire and feared that an employee had been shot.

"I heard two shots, and I didn't know if a customer or a robber was shot," she said. "I thought we'd be next."

Lewis said she was "scared half to death," adding that she was thankful that no cus tomers or employees had been shot.

"If it hadn't been for him (the armed customer), there's no telling what would have happened," she said.

That needs to go up on billboards.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#36]
cool
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Makes me proud to live in Oklahoma.  Hope all you Oklahoma arfcommers show up at the Gun Show in Tulsa on April 1st.

Wish I could but I am still in the sandbox til this fall.  I am definitely in the mood for a Gun Show though.  Got money to burn and nowhere to burn it.

CS
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#38]
so, tomorrows headlines will read: "Vigilante fights back as blood floods the streets"

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#39]
does OK have a similar law that FL does where if the shoot is deemed to be good, the shooter is immune from all civil penalties?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Musta been a 9mm.. 45acp

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Police said the customer who shot the robber had a license to carry a concealed pistol.

The dude is in bad trouble.

He had a revolver

rj
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Musta been a 9mm.. 45acp

Nah, if it had been a 45, there would have been chunks of the robber all over the store!  

Clean up on isle 4, 5, 6, and, 7!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Musta been a 9mm.. 45acp

Nah, if it had been a 45, there would have been chunks of the robber all over the store!  

Clean up on isle 4, 5, 6, and, 7!

That would only happen if it was a 10mm!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Oklahoma just passed a bill through the Senate that will not allow legally owned weapons to be confiscated during a natural disaster/emergency as did in NO after the hurricane.

Now with this happening and making the news makes me start hummin'......

I'm Proud to be an Okie from Muskogee.  literally

I'm an NDN too   haha
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The dude is in bad trouble.

He had a revolver

rj

Actually, in OK if you qualify with a semi-automatic pistol, you're allowed to carry a semi-automatic pistol (duh), a derringer, or a revolver.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Good shoot.  

Max
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=100878

new update. Still no video.

An elite group!    

2 Percent Of Oklahomans Have A Permit To Carry A Concealed Weapon

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I do so love Tulsa.  Great gun laws, great bars, and I got my first piece of ass in the back of a Jenks school bus.  

Life is good, but it was better then.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top