Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm seeing old Ben Kenobi after a massive blow binge having his way with an unshaven Tusken hooker...

Woody
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are a lot of interesting characters (Boba Fett for one ) that are developing during that time line. If they could delve into some of them, I think it could be pretty interesting.

What is so interesting about Boba Fett?

Before they ruined the mystique of the character in Episode 2 or after?

It was ruined before that. Look at all of the gratuitous appearences in the Special Editions.
For a character that Lucas said he never understood the appeal of, he sure tried to make bank off of him.

ETA, I might even go so far as to say that the mystique was ruined in ROTJ. Fett going out like a punk, and all.

Yep to all that.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought this was going to be an animated series?

Hell, if you wanna get technical the last movie was almost 90%animated... computer animated mind you but animated nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Supposedly in one of the books he escapes from the Sarlac pit.

Sure... when they realized it was like flushing money down the toilet...

I agree Lucas really did whore that character out big time. If he said he never understood the appeal, but that he also had the prequel stories written a long time ago I can't help but wonder... did he make Boba Fett the clone daddy after the fan's response to the character?

I'm sure he had backstory in mind when he wrote came up with the idea for the originals. But it wasn't the one put out for the prequals.

The Boba Fett story was certainly the product of market research.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA, I might even go so far as to say that the mystique was ruined in ROTJ. Fett going out like a punk, and all.

Supposedly in one of the books he escapes from the Sarlac pit.

Yep, he crawled out, was rescued by Dengar and the little honey he picked up on Cloud City.
I've read most, if not all, of the Boba Fett books.
I may have missed some, if there have been any additions within the last couple of years. After the prequals, I kinda got tired of anything outside of the original films.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wanna see Grevious sucking down a pack of Camels as a young bot.

Greviuos was not a robot; he was a cyborg.

He began as a fully natural biological entity, but was severly wounded in the Battle of Geonosis, and had cybernetic organs and limbs implanted to repair the damage and augment his physical abilities.

His labored breathing is explained in the animatedStar wars: Clone Wars II
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm sure he had backstory in mind when he wrote came up with the idea for the originals. But it wasn't the one put out for the prequals.

Does it explain why in Episode II the armor that Jango Fett wore was all clanky metallic and Boba Fetts was... something else. Why didn't they just make the look like teh same material?

I thought in the clone wars cartoons there was supposed to be some appearance of Boba Fett. I thought they might explain why the character Durge from the cartoon has the same bantha skull emblem on his chest armor as Boba Fett has on one of his shoulder plates?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
just looking around I fount this. check it out.
the whole tilogy in lego people .

www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/sworde.htm
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it explain why in Episode II the armor that Jango Fett wore was all clanky metallic and Boba Fetts was... something else. Why didn't they just make the look like teh same material?

I thought in the clone wars cartoons there was supposed to be some appearance of Boba Fett. I thought they might explain why the character Durge from the cartoon has the same bantha skull emblem on his chest armor as Boba Fett has on one of his shoulder plates?

www.sithclan.net/holocron/images/durge.jpg
www.worldpath.net/~cdupes/image4O4.JPG

Fett's original backstory, as I understood it, was that he wore Mandalorian Armor. Apparantly they were badguys that the Jedi wiped out. So, either Fett was the last, or one of the last, or an ancestor of the Mandalores. Or, he was using their image.

I had hoped for some battle between the Mandalore and the Jedi in EPII. It would've been cooler, IMO, for them to have been part of the separatists than for Fett to have simply been a Clone of Jango.

I never noticed the emblem on Durges chest before. Although, if that image is from a comic, it's probably laying around here, unread, somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/docu1104.jpg

not nearly as cool as The Lego CVN

ETA, all of those legos and he couldn't spring for the Chewbacca head?

j/k, pretty neat actually.

Han, in a tux.

Oh, Sh!t! Spaceballs!

This is actually, pretty cool,

It's a Trap!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/docu1104.jpg

not nearly as cool as The Lego CVN

ETA, all of those legos and he couldn't spring for the Chewbacca head?www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/docu2153.jpg

j/k, pretty neat actually.

www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/docu1123.jpg
Han, in a tux.

www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mbsf/docu1233.jpg
Oh, Sh!t! Spaceballs!

wait til you see the taun taun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I started with ESB.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I started with ESB.

always was the best, Me too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top