Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:01:36 PM EDT
Finished out my school and I get 4 days at home before I hit the road with my Training Engineer. Graduated second in my class so all was gravy.  I get home and hear an odd buzzing, and see some 02 bottles.  While I was gone my mother was hospitilized with pneumonia and diagnosed with emphysema and has to be on oxygen all the time now.  They didn't tell me while I was gone because they knew I'd come home so they let me finish school before I found out.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Finished out my school and I get 4 days at home before I hit the road with my Training Engineer. Graduated second in my class so all was gravy.  I get home and hear an odd buzzing, and see some 02 bottles.  While I was gone my mother was hospitilized with pneumonia and diagnosed with emphysema and has to be on oxygen all the time now.  They didn't tell me while I was gone because they knew I'd come home so they let me finish school before I found out.  

Dusty,
Congrats on graduating, and I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  Best wishes to her.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Dusty- best wishes for you and your family
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
She's alive. Enjoy the time you have with her.

I miss my mom.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I miss my mom.

Yup. Mom died in January from the same disease. Live it up now!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I miss my mom.

Oh I am, Dec 22nd 99' she had a brain anuerysm rupture, I still tell her she ruined Christmas, about a year or so ago, she had a heart attack, and since she's had problems with being out of breath, no energy, etc.  Now this.  She is one tough ass woman, her and my stepdad recently bought roughly 16.5 acres, a new mobile home(we be rednecks), brand new honda fourtrax and a few other toys with the proceeds from the anuerysm lawsuit(diet pills).  She finally got everything she's always wanted.  She deserves to enjoy it all for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I miss my mom.

Exactly. Mom wanted you to stay in school and not worry about her. You'll pay her life a bigger tribute by doing well in school and life then by skipping school and being by her bedside now.

Congrats on the schooling, btw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top