Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:35:33 AM EDT
linky

Friday, March 17, 2006 6:40 a.m. EST
Curt Weldon: Bin Laden Is Dead

Rep. Curt Weldon, who broke the Able Danger story last year revealing that military intelligence had identified lead hijacker Mohamed Atta as a terrorist threat before the 9/11 attacks, now says that Osama bin Laden has died.

Weldon made the stunning claim during an interview Wednesday with the Philadelphia Inquirer, which reported: "Weldon is making explosive new allegations. He says a high-level source has told him that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden has died in Iran, where he has been in hiding."

Weldon cited as his source an Iranian exile code-named Ali, telling the paper: "Ali's told me that Osama bin Laden is dead. He died in Iran."

Weldon said he last spoke to Ali three weeks ago. The Iranian exile was a prominent source for his 2005 book, "Countdown to Terror." The book also contained the first mention of the Able Danger data mining operation.

The Pennsylvania Republican has long alleged that bin Laden has been using Iran for sanctuary.

In June last year, Weldon said in a TV interview: "I'm confident that I know for sure that [bin Laden] has been in and out of Iran ... Two years ago, he was in the southern town of Ladis, 10 kilometers inside the Pakistan border. I also know that earlier this year, he had a meeting with al-Zarqawi in Tehran ...

Story Continues Below

"If you look at the recent comments coming out of both the CIA and some of our military generals in theater, they're now acknowledging the same thing that I've been saying - that in fact, he's been in and out of Iran.

"[But] no one can prove it exactly until we capture him."

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
How can someone capture a dead person?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Curt Weldon is well intentioned, but he's a kook.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Since he's from your state, I'll definitely take your word on it.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Weldon's a very good Representative, too.  I hope he's got the right informant and Bin Laden is burning in hell right now.

We can only hope.

HH
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be nice, but I think we have heard this before.

I would rather he died at the end of an American rope.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You never saw Ghost busters?

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My understanding is that he's a good guy...thanks for setting the record straight.

HH
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#10]
bin laden died naturally from old age
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
In Iran huh?

Now that wouldn't surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

damn beat me to it. Oh well.....

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone who's name begins with "Rep" and is reporting  intelligence related information in the National Philadelphia Inquirer cannot be believed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Dont care but hope he is dead, now lets get on with the rest of them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#15]
If bin laden is cozy with iran we should unleash Israel immediately to take out their nuke program.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Ray:  Don't look at the trap!
Egon:  I looked at the trap, Ray!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

www.jdhancock.com/images/ghostbusters-trapL.jpg

Ray:  Don't look at the trap!
Egon:  I looked at the trap, Ray!

Hahaha, at work whenever someone says "Dont do this" someone always yelss "I looked at the trap Ray!"

Also, hopefully Osama is dead, wonder if well find out for sure.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't matter too much that OBL is dead, I'm sure that the ROPers are grooming people to take his place.  Remember these people are religious fanatics and are not crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top