Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:34:37 AM EDT

i was at the bar not too long ago when i ran into a chick who i havent seen in a couple years. i still wanted to play hide the flag pole with her, until she starts telling me whats happened in the last 2 years. she had a kid.... not a big deal, ill still let her give a massage to the Ol' Pope.

until she showed me a pic of said kid.   this kid, looked like the killer doll from the chucky movies, except he had blonde hair instead of red hair. and the hair was just has messy as the chucky dolls hair in the movies.  i almost choked on my drink when i saw this picture. this chick is cute as all hell, so im trying to figure out how the trainwreck happened.

all i could say was... "uh, cool"  when she showed me the picture.

how do YOU avoid the situation when someone shows you the pics of their red-headed bastard child?

and in case you are wondering... yes, i am a shallow person and fear having kids in case they turn out fugly.  karma is a bitch.  

oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Pretty much all kids are ugly, but parents can't see it - and other parents tell them that their kids are cute in exchange for not being told their kids are ugly in return.

It's a beautiful system, but those of us without kids don't have to play.  Unless it's your boss or something - and then you have to be careful that your lying isn't too obvious.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

i was at the bar not too long ago when i ran into a chick who i havent seen in a couple years. i still wanted to play hide the flag pole with her, until she starts telling me whats happened in the last 2 years. she had a kid.... not a big deal, ill still let her give a massage to the Ol' Pope.

until she showed me a pic of said kid.   this kid, looked like the killer doll from the chucky movies, except he had blonde hair instead of red hair. and the hair was just has messy as the chucky dolls hair in the movies.  i almost choked on my drink when i saw this picture. this chick is cute as all hell, so im trying to figure out how the trainwreck happened.

all i could say was... "uh, cool"  when she showed me the picture.

how do YOU avoid the situation when someone shows you the pics of their red-headed bastard child?

and in case you are wondering... yes, i am a shallow person and fear having kids in case they turn out fugly.  karma is a bitch.  

oh, and IBTL.

IBTL on your own thread?
Oh, IBTL.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I just try to say something positive because people love their kids. To them, their child is the most beautiful thing in the world (as mine are to me - but mine really are cute).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm an ugly kid.
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
just utter the word.... 'Breathtaking' and leave it at that
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Umm! yes , i have seen these spawn that are indications that their parents wasted a perfectly good orgasm!!!

Unfortunatly you have to wait 8.5 to 10 months to find out the Ingredients were that bad and by then it's too late.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

oh, and IBTL.

That's not shallow.  You didn't talk smack about the little monster.  You didn't hurt her feelings.  More power too you.  I friend of mine came in with her new baby.  Thing was huge.  Before even thinking I slipped out "Whoa... fat little fucker you got there".  You should feel proud you can maintain your composure, and you mouth doesn't run in front of your brain.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I try to get around it, so I usually say something along the lines of, "Aw, you must love him/her to pieces, huh?"  I mean, duh they do, and I didn't have to lie.  I'm the worst liar, so that works for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]
when is someone gonna post the pic of that freak that was on the "Do you think I'm handsome" thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I was there last week.

My mom's best friend has some fugly grandkids.

All I could say was "Aw."

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Pretty much all kids are ugly, but parents can't see it - and other parents tell them that their kids are cute in exchange for not being told their kids are ugly in return.

It's a beautiful system, but those of us without kids don't have to play.  Unless it's your boss or something - and then you have to be careful that your lying isn't too obvious.

+1 For a guy with no kids, you get it.  Yep, offering them a banana is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I disagree there ARE ugly kids and young kids. A friends sister just popped out her 3rd kid. The first two are/were cute... This one is just fucking ugly... Hell, I was ugly as a baby and now I'm a pretty mutherfucker.

I just say "awww" and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#13]
This reminds of  an episode of seinfeild.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#14]
My kid may not be cute but he has character.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
just utter the word.... 'Breathtaking' and leave it at that

The dingo ate your baby....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#16]
This him?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Is he cute or what?
Takes after mama... thank God

Here he is at 9 weeks.

You want to see another pic?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Breathless

Thats good advice right there.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#19]
When put on the spot in such a fashion I usually respond with, "Why, that's one of the finest specimens of babyhood I've seen in well nigh a fortnight!"

This will usually befuddle the proud parent(s) so much they just accept it as a compliment and drive on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top