Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:57:21 PM EDT
check out this auction... I laughed outloud!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45284415

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
***Butters' voice*** Eww, they're all greasy...***Butters' voice***
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking all over for one of those.  I have 1000 rounds of ammo and only 99 stripper clips.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow.  An SKS stripper clip.  I am so impressed.

Oh yeah, don'tcha love it? a single old, greasy, probably rusted, stripper clip for $5.49 after shipping!  not happy with your purchase?  mail it back (for about 50 cents postage and he'll refund you 1/2 of the purchase price. let's see 1/2 of 49 cents...

I just can't believe that people POST those auctions and actually think someone will bite buy.

I should email him and ask him a question about the item.

No Expert

ETA  checked his other auctions...AR stripper clips for 50 cents...EACH, stripper guides for $2 each....  wow.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.  An SKS stripper clip.  I am so impressed.

Oh yeah, don'tcha love it? a single old, greasy, probably rusted, stripper clip for $5.49 after shipping!  not happy with your purchase?  mail it back (for about 50 cents postage and he'll refund you 1/2 of the purchase price. let's see 1/2 of 49 cents...

I just can't believe that people POST those auctions and actually think someone will bite buy.

I should email him and ask him a question about the item.

No Expert

ETA  checked his other auctions...AR stripper clips for 50 cents...EACH, stripper guides for $2 each....  wow.

Look a little closer and you will see that it's a "Dutch Auction".

Dutch Auctions
Dutch auctions are a special format in which the seller has multiple identical items to sell. You can bid on anywhere from one item to the available quantity of items. At the auction close, all winning bidders win their items at the lowest winning bid price.

For example, a seller may have five copies of Stephen King's 'The Stand' (on videotape) to sell. Each copy of 'The Stand' is three videotapes together as a set. In the auction listing, the quantity posted will be 5, and the bid price is the amount bid for each item. If you want to bid on two copies at $10 each, you enter 2 in the Quantity field and 10.00 in the Bid Amount field. You do not enter 20.00 in the bid amount field, as this would be a bid for 2 copies at $20 each.

You can identify Dutch auctions by the blue (D) in the item title, and because the quantity listed in the item listing will be greater than one. A Dutch auction cannot have a Reserve Price.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
wow...that doesn't make it much better..... 20 clips would be almost $10, and $5 s/h

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, the price is high.  If you really want to see something, go to ammoman.com and see what they are selling AR mags for.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yep, the price is high.  If you really want to see something someone high, go to ammoman.com and see what they are selling AR mags for.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I've noticed this irritating trend on online auctions and sale sights.  It's the saturation of dealers.  I remember when gunbroker and ebay were new and you had mainly individuals on their selling their unwanted items and such and you could get great deals.  Well now when you try to find something you get bombarded with dealers asking prices for things that you could get at your local store for not much more.  On ebay, it's even worse, I sometimes think it is only dealers and retailers listing their now.  Now I don't mind people making money b/c I am all for that, but I wish there was a place where you could go specifically looking for individuals.  At least here, the dealers are highlighted in yellow, so if you want to find them you can, or you can just skip.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've noticed this irritating trend on online auctions and sale sights.  It's the saturation of dealers.  I remember when gunbroker and ebay were new and you had mainly individuals on their selling their unwanted items and such and you could get great deals.  Well now when you try to find something you get bombarded with dealers asking prices for things that you could get at your local store for not much more.  On ebay, it's even worse, I sometimes think it is only dealers and retailers listing their now.  Now I don't mind people making money b/c I am all for that, but I wish there was a place where you could go specifically looking for individuals.  At least here, the dealers are highlighted in yellow, so if you want to find them you can, or you can just skip.

the EE and other forums are the best for this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top