Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:20:42 PM EDT
Salon.com has released all the photos and videos of Abu Ghraib. They're fucking disgusting. I want all the apologists who said we didn't do anything to look at these and eat their hats.

Abu Ghraib photos

A choice few:

The detainee is covered in what appears to be human feces.

Detainee inserts banana into rectum.

Detainee died during an interrogation by OGA, and was placed in the shower area of tier 1, hard site. The body bag was opened so CPL GRANER and SPC HARMON could take pictures of the detainee. This guy was obviously beaten to death. OGA refers to the CIA.

Possible wounds from less than lethal rounds fired at the detainee.

There is much, much more.

I don't care what your stance on the war is but this shit is *disgusting* and what is further even worse is how lightly most of the perpetrators got off with these acts. Discuss. I pleasantly await The_Macallan.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
a banana in the bunghole
lol
Wow we are really mean.  Not.
I sure the dead guy
a. really deserved it
or
b. fought
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Google "beheading" so I won't have to.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The barbaric acts of another group has nothing to do with this. I thought we were all about taking the moral high ground and not stooping to the level of a bunch of Islamist savages.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm having a real hard time caring at all, which is unusual for me.  I'm wonder if these guys shot at our guys in Desert Storm or in this war, but I couldn't care less.  They're lucky to be alive IMO.  After what we've seen them do, and what they're capable of, I just can't get a rise in my emotional responses.

Sorry...btw, when are you going to join the team?

HH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not condoning it, and I almost asked to be let out of the Army over it, BUT...

They deserve much worse IF they are guilty of fighting us or aiding terrorists.

It just kills me that it was US that did that. You expect that shit from Jordan, Egypt, and Pakistan.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
BFD

BIG FUCKING DEAL!  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The barbaric acts of another group has nothing to do with this. I thought we were all about taking the moral high ground and not stooping to the level of a bunch of Islamist savages.

While I don't agree with that type of conduct, "stooping to their level" is stretching it a bit don't you think?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Salon.com has released all the photos and videos of Abu Ghraib. They're fucking disgusting. I want all the apologists who said we didn't do anything to look at these and eat their hats.

Abu Ghraib photos

A choice few:

Detainee died during an interrogation by OGA, and was placed in the shower area of tier 1, hard site. The body bag was opened so CPL GRANER and SPC HARMON could take pictures of the detainee. This guy was obviously beaten to death. OGA refers to the CIA.

I don't care what your stance on the war is but this shit is *disgusting* and what is further even worse is how lightly most of the perpetrators got off with these acts. Discuss. I pleasantly await The_Macallan. our interrogators never received a medal

fixed
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I don't agree with that type of conduct, "stooping to their level" is stretching it a bit don't you think?

I agree...that's nothing compared to beheading civilians...and burning bodies and hanging them from a bridge, or dragging soldiers in the street.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
TWO YEARS and an election later, the effing media still thinks they can draw blood with this issue.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eye for an eye should be SOP
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Everytime I hear about how "bad we have treated those poor people" I want to puke. I'd love to put all these people who feel SO badly for them in a cell with them for 24 hours. They'd kill any american in a heartbeat with NO regard for your life or "feelings."  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Abu Ghraib photos

A choice few:

I don't care what your stance on the war is but this shit is *disgusting* and what is further even worse is how lightly most of the perpetrators got off with these acts. Discuss. I pleasantly await The_Macallan.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
War is war, don't fuck with us because we fuck back.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Boo Fucking Hoo! They should all be beaten like Baby Seals in a protected wildlife refuge that was just drilled for oil. And then BBQed with fresh whale meat.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, just what I expected......My "Give-A-Shitometer" has nothing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
War is war, don't fuck with us because we fuck back even harder.

Fixed it.

HH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So you were there when it happened?  Great!  Tell us all the details.  You should be a medical examiner if you can tell how someone died from looking at a picture.  I've seen worse shit in a single night in the ER as a med student.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]
All I know is that i'll sleep well tonight knowing that some men are ready and willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the United States of America stays THE worlds superpower. We will bow to no one.

God bless all the real-world Jack Bauers we have.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't believe I haven't seen "I'd hit SPC Harman" yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]
So much for morals from the supposed party of morals.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh my......
did you even bother to log out over at DU or are you running the two sites side-by-side on your browsers?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Have you ever been in a Turkish prison.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Your opinion doesn't seem to be very well-received.  Maybe a Team Membership would help you?

Nah...probably not.

HH

ETA: The DU forum seems more like a home for you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Cool! Got any more pics.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Bunch of sheltered, whining Nancies.

Boo hoo, Abu Ghraib....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you were there when it happened?  Great!  Tell us all the details.  You should be a medical examiner if you can tell how someone died from looking at a picture.  I've seen worse shit in a single night in the ER as a med student.

Look at the man's face. He's been severely beaten. You don't just die whilst being interrogated.

Fuck this website, a large majority of you are a bunch of disgusting and amoral pricks. I'm amazed that I've stuck around this long. I should just stick to shooting and gun collecting and stay away from any forum which discusses them.

I'm attempting to enlist in the Army right now. We'll see how that goes. Hell will freeze over before I contribute money to talk in a "team" forum with the likes of you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, to be honest, I'd volunteer to be in a naked pile of man meat than get my head h4xx0r3d off by l33t terrorist h4x0rz.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
War is war, don't fuck with us because we fuck back even harder with bananas .

Fixed it.

HH

Had to ammend that again
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Jesus, if someone had pictures of the stuff we did for fun during football camp I don't know what the hell would happen.  Of course, there was that one picture of me wearing nothing but a jock-strap and an Under Armour Heat Gear shirt.........
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at the man's face. He's been severely beaten. You don't just die whilst being interrogated.

Fuck this website, a large majority of you are a bunch of disgusting and amoral pricks. I'm amazed that I've stuck around this long. I should just stick to shooting and gun collecting and stay away from any forum which discusses them.

I'm attempting to enlist in the Army right now. We'll see how that goes. Hell will freeze over before I contribute money to talk in a "team" forum with the likes of you.

You are going to wash out of the Army, they don't take kindly to whiny little pussy's like yourself enlisting in their branch of service.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on your way out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#37]

I'm attempting to enlist in the Army right now. We'll see how that goes.

Good for you!  Good luck and good fighting.  You just may find that your thinking might change when you or your buddies are being shot at or killed.  We should all be proud that you're joining, but you should come back in awhile and let us know your thoughts at that time.

Just a thought.

Good luck young man, and may the wind be at your back!

HH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#38]
All those prisoners look better nourished than I do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you want everyone here to do.
Cry you a river
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#40]
How many IEDs have you been hit by so far?  How many friends have you known to be blown in half by IEDs?Treat them like the undeveloped annimals they are.Thet would do a lot worse to you.

Disgruntled/Deployed
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please list your medical credentials that allow you to come to that conclusion.  Also, show me proof that he had no medical problems or injuries prior to being arrested.  DU
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Boo Hoo Cry me a fuckin river.......Terrorists and enemies of the USA immediatly lose their title of "Human" as I see it.  Imagine if America would have cared for the treatment of nazis in this manner.  We would still be fighting the nazis.

Enemies are enemies..Period.  We should have shot them on the spot and we would have to deal with the media and this Bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#43]
The press rode this like it was gonna win the war (wink, wink.and get Democrats elected)...quelle surprise

This is shocking and all that but I just noticed....abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1722720...I forget now, how many did we kill in that prison?  War is hell and it is a bit of moral relativism in the long run.  I don't like it but I'm still overall pretty sure we've done the right thing way more often than not.

By the way, just exactly what do you think we should do about this?  You must have something in mind?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a combo....

The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology later ruled al-Jamadi's death a homicide, caused by "blunt force injuries to the torso complicated by compromised respiration." According to the report by Maj. Gen. George R. Fay, al-Jamadi's death occurred less than an hour after his arrival at the prison.

Personally, I don't give a shit about the guy because he  was likely involved in a attack against the Red Cross. However, people do need to control themselves from going overboard.

Edit: oops
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]
When and under what circumstances were the beatings administered to the persons you say were obviously beaten? I want a precise answer from you. When were the injuries suffered relative to the time the individuals were taken into custody? You are instructed to further shore up your pretense of moral superiority with a precise statement of the time and circumstances of the infliction of the depicted "less-lethal" wounds in relation to the time of capture. In fact, it will be necessary for you to either explain and document exactly how, when, and why each "atrocity" you purport to document was effected, or to make a lengthy post in which you explain why nobody every tried to recruit you to serve as a detective.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was beaten to death....

[qyote]The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology later ruled al-Jamadi's death a homicide, caused by "blunt force injuries to the torso complicated by compromised respiration." According to the report by Maj. Gen. George R. Fay, al-Jamadi's death occurred less than an hour after his arrival at the prison. [/uote]

Fine.  Who beat him to death?  When were his injuries sustained?  What was his condition when he entered the prison?  I've seen people die an hour after arriving in the ER.  It doesn't mean the ER staff beat them to death.  No flame towards you, but I'm tired of the biased media.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#48]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
IBTL

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#50]

At least you are aware of your short-comings. Buh-bye.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top