Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:33:30 AM EDT
I don't know how many other Afcommers are familier with the LOZ series, but I have offspring in my house that love this stuff and with the new game coming out this year, we sat down with all the LOZ games and tried to make a timeline of Zelda History. I'm not talking about release dates of the games, but the timeline for the story history.  We have all the games except the Twilight Princess (which isn't released yet).

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time/MasterQuest
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
The Wind Waker

eta

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I trip out whenever I think about my days playing the first 3

The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past

I still plug in the SNES and play the 3rd one every so often.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the best game series ever. I'm not sure you've got all the Game Boy titles listed? I'd have to Google to find out. Plus there was that awful Phillips CDI version.

It seems to me that many of the games are re-tellings rather than something you can piece together into one continuous storyline.

I have all of these but Wind Waker emulated on my cabinet (in addition to owning most of the oringinal carts and discs). REALLY looking forward to the next one on Gamecube. Got to play it at E3 last year and it's everything you expect and more.

check out www.zeldacentral.net/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
What about the 3 that were realsed to the CDi system?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I like LoZ, but damn Link looks like an emo kid.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I trip out whenever I think about my days playing the first 3

The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past

I still plug in the SNES and play the 3rd one every so often.

I have the first two on my NES (my original one, things gotta be 15 years old and still works)
but I dont recall the Link to the past...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have the first two on my NES (my original one, things gotta be 15 years old and still works)
but I dont recall the Link to the past...

It was for the SNES.

ETA: ...and if you have a 15 year old NES it's one of the newest ones in existence. Most of them would be over 20 at this point.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The games don’t have a continuous story. They are pretty much retellings like somebody else stated. I haven’t played any of them since The first Nintendo 64 game came out (Ocarina of Time). I have all of the games on emulators except the Gamecube titles. It seems like they keep implementing certain ideas and then carrying them over to the next title though.

Is there a PC emulator for the Gamecube that I could use to play the new Gamecube Zelda games on? Anybody wanna IM me some links?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is there a PC emulator for the Gamecube that I could use to play the new Gamecube Zelda games on? Anybody wanna IM me some links?

Not yet, that I've heard of. How would you play or rip the proprietary little CD's, anyway?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not yet, that I've heard of. How would you play or rip the proprietary little CD's, anyway?

I don't know much about the Gamecube. I didn't know it used proprietary media. I guess I'd have to buy a cheap used system and games. Oh well I may do that at some point.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I guess I'd have to buy a cheap used system and games. Oh well I may do that at some point.

Well worth it for Resident Evil IV alone.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I liked the first one, but I could never solve the last dungeon.  The second one was freakin hard, and I gave up on it in frustration.  I guess I got about halfway through.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Nintendo has a new console coming out in '06, The Revolution, and it is not only backward compatable (being able to play the old games), but has online features, built-in memory, download storage, etc. Of course, I'll hafta' wait and see if the unit is as great as Nintendo claims before I'll buy one. My kids' gamecube already has the adaptor that plays all the game boy/game boy color/game boy advance games as well as the game cube discs. I remember having two, exactly two games when I was a kid and lived at home with my parents - the original Pong, and a subsequent game that had four games, Pong, Squash, Tennis, and Doubles Tennis. Long after I moved out, my brothers all got the other consols.

Tec: Hey, yo, that was ill. Hey, where'd you learn that from?

B-rad: Grand Theft Auto 3.

Tec: Word? Can I borrow that?

B-rad: You got a, uh, Playstation 2?

Tec: Nah, I got GameCast.

B-rad: GameCast? Well, there's GameCube and then there's Dreamcast. Which you got?

Tec: Well, I said I got Gamecast, man. Damn! I can't afford it!

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't had a console since the SNES.  First Zelda, very cool, finished it.  I don't know how we would've got through it without tip guides though.  "Burn this bush, in a sea of bushes, to reveal the entrance to level seven".  I quit the second one because it was too freaking hard.  I seem to recall some knight in armor and you had to jump up and hit him in the face to kill him.  Played the third one (SNES) all the way through and it was good too.  Great effects for the time.
I need a boomerang that will grab money and bring it back to me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top