Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a similar story on the news in the Dallas area within the last week or so, where a woman was home with her kids and she had to shoot an intruder.  I just spent probably 30 minutes trying to find an article, but came up empty handed. IIRC, the criminal was a deaf mute(but no less a criminal).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome.  Don't mess with a pregnant woman. Hormones can be a bitch.

Fixed it!
Way to go!!!!

I was just going to type that, you saved me the time.  Pregnancy made me VERY cranky.  There were days I wanted to shoot people I LIKED, let alone some jackass breaking into my house.  Do not mess with pregnant women.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LIBERAL RESPONSE:

Fetus traumatized by mother's violent actions.  Will grow up knowing that he/she was an accomplice to a murder of a man just trying to get by in this evil world, ruled by white men.

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.wral.com/news/8001292/detail.html

EUREKA SPRINGS, N.C. -- An armed intruder confronted with a pregnant Cumberland County mother Tuesday afternoon, allegedly trying to rob her home. The incident ended in a shootout that left the invader dead.

Detectives say 23-year-old Crystal Strickland -- 9 months pregnant and mother of two small children -- acted in self defense

"He broke into the apartment, she ran into the back bedroom where there were some children in the apartment to defend them, and when he entered into the bedroom area, shots were fired,” said Debbie Tanner with the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.

Strickland told authorities she did not know the armed man. Her two young girls were taking a nap when the violent encounter happened. The 3-year-old said she wasn't scared.

"I didn't get hurt," she said.

Residents in the area said they have noticed a pattern of break-ins -- five in the last month, and most occurring in broad daylight.

"My house got robbed, the side door got kicked in,” said neighbor Shawn Kilbourne. “They took some small things, including a pistol."

Kilbourne suspects the recent break-ins are related. He said if an armed man busted through his family's door, he would do the same thing his neighbor did.

Investigators are still trying to determine the identity of the home intruder. Detectives say while the case is still under investigation, all indications are right now that it was a case of justifiable homicide.
Reporter: Jason Stoogenke and Paul LaGrone
Photographer: Michael Joyner and Bobbie Eng
Web Editor: Kelly Gardner and Dana Franks

Just curious here but why did you intentionally change the last part of the last paragraph ?

Investigators are still trying to determine the identity of the home intruder. Detectives say that the case is still under investigation and that when it is complete it will be turned over the district attorney who decide whether to file charges.

Interesting.  That was an exact cut and paste of the story when I posted it.  The story was edited afterwards.  
WRAL STORY
POSTED: 5:13 pm EST March 14, 2006
UPDATED: 10:08 am EST March 15, 2006

my post 9:08:35 AM EST

Thanks for replying, after I posted the question to you I thought they may have changed the wording themselves.

And you guys never comment when this happens as a real-life version of the historical re-writing that goes on in Orwells book.You have to wonder just how often electronic version re-writes DO happen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shoot the intruder, for the children!  

+ 10^10000
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, looks like she knocked the "BLING" out of him..........
Good job Mom. !

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ALL RIGHT!

Moved to her safe room.....
Armed and Orange.....

Boom! End of story and bad guy.

Hope she used something like an 870 with 7 1/2 shot in the house.

You go girl!!

Right.   keep up with the 7 1/2 shot (why not 6 or 8?) for home defense- maybe some day someone will be able to blame a lost life for listening to your (and others) bad advice.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
sounds like the ghetto, 2 kids one in the chamber no dad around...

How do you know the Dads not around?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
well done
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top