Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:58:32 AM EDT
Is this a good choice for the money? Is there any better deals/hooka's out there? Any advice is appreciated!

www.socialsmokehookah.com/item--Social-Smoke-Echo-II--SS07

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you planning to smoke in that setup? Sheesha?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are you planning to smoke in that setup? Sheesha?

yeah, i'm just getting into it
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Does away with all the puff, puff, pass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the Dillon model.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Hooka=latest fad
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Smoking ANYTHING out of a waterpipe that ISN'T made 100% of glass is a waste of time IMO.

Hookahs are traditionally cool, but rate very low on the fuctionality scale.

Sort of like chop sticks vs. a fork.

One's cool...the other actually works well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Is that for smoking opium?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hooka=latest fad

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Awful fancy crack pipe if you ask me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I was hoping for boobies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I prefer the Dillon model.

Yup!  Progressive is the way to go!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Hookah's make even the best *insert smokeable item here* taste like shit.

Anything one could possibly smoke will always taste better out of glass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
That looks like a nice one. Personally i'd stay away from the two hose argili's (hookah) though. One hose is enough, even if you're passing it around you can buy plastic tips to put in the end, everyone gets their own tip and you just pass the hose. I smoke a few times a week out of one and enjoy the hell out of it. I was in Lebanon in october and bought nicer ones than that for 12-25 bucks, If you look around you can find decent ones for cheap. I'd try ebay, they have some nice ones come up on there for cheap. Another source would be to find a middle eastern market in your area, they can usually be found there. I live in detroit and dearborn is just down the road where theres the lagest population of arabs outside the middle east so i find them for cheap. If you're buying it to smoke try finding one with a screw on base, they light up the fastest and give an even smooth smoke everytime, you'll pay more but its worth it in my opinion. I bought one in Beriut for 100 bucks and its amazing, it only takes about 10 seconds to get a good smoke out of it. Get youself some double apple tobacco too, its the best. Enjoy =)- ~~
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#15]
"Hippies!  They wanna save the world, but all they ever do is smoke pot and play frisbee."

---E. Cartman.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Who are you planning to smoke it with?

Don't even consider asking me
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#17]
pack it up
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"Hippies!  They wanna save the world, but all they ever do is smoke pot and play frisbee. smell bad."

---E. Cartman.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 to what motorcityman said about staying away from the two hose hookahs. One hose is plenty, as with 2 hoses you can really only use one at a time. Also, make sure it has a swivel at the base.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Trendy Ghey.

Go glass or suck ass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Like, far-out, man.

Don't drink the bong water.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Did he say hookers? Where are the pictures of the hookers?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#23]
hell with that you need like 6 hoses.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#24]

"These are bongs, Stephen," I tell him. "Remarkable, over-the-top and utterly dedicated bongs. Lovingly hand-made by craftsmen; by der Elves of the Black Forest; by people who blow something other than glass from time to time. They of the caliber of craft a friend of mine once called "Ghengis Bong."

"What's a bong?" Stephen asks. This from a man who also has a teen-aged daughter.

Ceci N'est Pas Une Bong, from American Digest.  

Saw the picture, and that quote popped up in my brain.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Not a bad hooka for the price... not at all.

I am not a fan of the cloth-covered hoses though.  Hose could be twisted and you don't know... pull it at the wrong angle and BAM... your hooka is on its side and your charcoal is lighting the rug on fire.

Other than that, looks good.

Avoid the super-fruity sounding tobaccos.  "Lemon dream" is hippie-speak for "Puke city."

- BG
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Do they make that in a Vaporizor Model?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Avoid the super-fruity sounding tobaccos.  "Lemon dream" is hippie-speak for "Puke city."

- BG

Right. Some of the better names are Michoacaan, Cheeba-cheeba, and Sinsemillan.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#28]
All your top of pages are belong to me
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Smoking ANYTHING out of a waterpipe that ISN'T made 100% of glass is a waste of time IMO.

what do you suggest?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd suggest looking at Mya brand hookas.  I've a got a glass one from them and I really like it.  They do make acrylic bases which you can get a complete set up for <$50, but IMO it is not worth it.  Go glass, you wont regret it.  As far a m'assal, I'd recomend Tangiers, as they are hand made here in America, and his stuff is really high quality.  The crap you get at the smoke shop for $3 a box is ok, but you will instantly tell a difference in quality from true premium stuff.  Flavors, I'd reccomend double apple, rasberry + coconut, rose (mmmmm), and honey.

You said youre new to hookas, so heres a few tips for a GREAT smoke.  Sprinkle the m'assal in the bowl, dont pack it.  This keeps the smoke nice and light, but it will not get thin.  Remember to get the gap right between your m'assal and your coal.  Too close, you will burn the tobacco and it will taste like ish, not to mention its a bitch to get the taste/smell out of your set up.  Too far and your will not get the tobacco to burn enough, and it will be a weak smoke.  Remember to move your coal around as you smoke, this will keep one spot from getting burnt out and dying.  I personally like to put up a guard of foil around the coal.  Wrap the bowl in foil about 4 inches high to make a sort of chimney.  DO NOT close it, leave it open about the size of the bowl.  This allows the coal to burn a little hotter, because often one open coal is not enough, but two is too much.  Water, the colder the better.  You generally want your stem to go 3/4" to 1" into the water, for optimal filtering. Just remember, the more water you have, the less smoke you will get, and the less harsh it will be.  I generally put cold water in mine, with 4-5 ice cubes.  Make sure to keep your m'assal moist, always keep it in its airtight container, do not leave it out.  You generally want to store it at the same humidity and temperature as you will be smoking it.  I think that about covers it.  There's a couple other tricks out there, but this is my basic guideline for a good smoke.  If you've got anymore questions let me know, I kinda like to consider myself a bit of a hooka afficianado.

-Moto89
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Whats the point in adding a vaporizer to a hooka?

Anyone ever used a vapo?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats the point in adding a vaporizer to a hooka?

Anyone ever used a vapo?

Don't know.  
Haven't ever used either one and until now didn't even realize folks were serious about the thing.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Is that for smoking opium?

fruit, really it is
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#34]
If you are going to smoke tobacco why not just smoke a good cigar?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I like breaking them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you are going to smoke tobacco why not just smoke a good cigar?

I like a good cigar, but there really is something to a hooka that can't be matched.  I will say that the smoke/taste quality is better with a cigar (unless you have your hooka REALLY rollin' with good premium m'assal), but hookas are great for chilling back and relaxing.  Not to mention you can take a good "hit" from a hooka that you just can't from a cigar.  Also, a hooka gives you a bit more of a nicotine high, but that's not the real reason most people smoke them.  Hookas are awesome socially, after all thats what they were made for.  Get some friends around the hooka, pick a favor all together, and relax.  People say that hookas are just the new fad or whatever, but I've got to say, dont knock it untill you try it.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what do you suggest?

There's a company out of, Germany I believe, called "Roor".

They make, by far, the best glass waterpipes I've ever used.

Everything is glass on glass, no rubber seals, nothing but glass. Where a seal is necessary, they sand blast the two glass parts that touch, and it makes a perfect seal without using other materials.

Great way to smoke, easy to clean and never a funky taste that other materials can give your smaoke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top