Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:49:55 PM EDT
I carry a M9 and I go to the airport at my deployed location.  I need to keep my M9 on me at all times downtown It is getting hotter I wear pants and a polo.  Now I use a fleece jacket to assist in concealment what else is good so I do not have to wear a holster.  What is a good thing to conceal a M9/92F Beretta wearing slacks and a polo shirt?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
i wear mine with a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster at about 4 o'clock.  A big t-shirt or polo covers it up like it's not there.

I'm 5'11, 180lbs, so it's not like i'm a big guy either.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Hawaian shirt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some tight pants and put a rolled up hand towel in the leg right by the crotch. That way no one will notice your gun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get some tight pants and put a rolled up hand towel in the leg right by the crotch. No one will notice the gun.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A light sport coat.....as hot as it is, preferably a linen one.

Or, you could always go with the "HEY LOOK, I'M CARRYING A GUN!" photographer's vest.

BC
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Comp-Tac CTAC.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a big, fat jacket in the winter. In the summer... you'll need to find a good holster, and a light jacket or large shirt. Good luck - it's a great gun, but I wouldn't want to have to hide one of them in the summer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
200 lbs of fat rolls on my midsection.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get some tight pants and put a rolled up hand towel in the leg right by the crotch. That way no one will notice your gun.

And further, they will probably suspect that you are happy to see them, and therefore be a non-threat!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
A suitcase I guess, it is foolish to carry without a holster. Deployed?  I guess you mean the UM84 holster, so if so I now understand better.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#11]

What do people use to conceal a M9

One of these...

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I knew alot of guys who Mexican carried M-9s in Kuwait with no problems.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Doesn't make it smart.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hawaian shirt.

LOOK AT ME!
I'M CARRYING A GUN

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
A big plastic shopping bag.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#16]
i carry my M9 all day every day in Miami, and it's HOT AS SHIT here all the time.  I'm telling you, all you need is a nice big t-shirt (or polo) and a tight belt and the damn thing dissapears!

it's not THAT big!  It's thinner than a glock (i think) and dimensionally it is about as long as a 1911.  If you can hide a 1911 or glock, you can hide a M9
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Note that a sport coat or (better) blue blazer says "I have money and status, but am not a threat." That'd be my #1 choice if my issue were simply concealed carry in an airport - a polo or short-sleeved button-up-the-front shirt with a blazer, khaki trousers (chinos), and loafers or those Rockport lace-up dress shoes that are built like running shoes: it's anonymous, moderately high-status (so people are not inclined to interfere with you) and functional. You'd disappear in any airport in America dressed like that.

ETA: that's roughly how I dress when I'm not going to court, and I don't get a second glance with a Para 12.45 LDA in an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hawaian shirt.

LOOK AT ME!
I'M CARRYING A GUN

You need the moustache and Ferrari to go with the shirt.  But then it has to be a 1911 and not an M9.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't make it smart.

I'm not trying to argue it as a good method.

However, assuming that there is a need to carry it concealed, Mexican carry beats trying to cover a military holster.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't make it smart.

I'm not trying to argue it as a good method.

However, assuming that there is a need to carry it concealed, Mexican carry beats trying to cover a military holster.

I agree totally, but anytime I have been deployed overseas, and found the need and authority to carry a .mil weapon concealed, there were any number of local leather crafters, or COTS alternatives to Mexi-carry.  As a matter of course, on one deployment to Honduras, concealed weapons and civilian clothing were required as was a proper holster on any off post movement, and it was never hard to find a local to toss together some goatskin and make a holster.  Point is, he should have no problem obtaining a concealment holster for the 92/M9.YMMV
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#21]
My M9 is concealed in my safe when I ccw.
that thing, IMHO, is way too big.  And I do carry a USP45F quite often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top