Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:16 AM EDT
Looks like an MG-34 to me. I wonder if it's a DEWAT or the "real deal"?

More than 313 arms turned in to police
Ron Pozzer, the Hamilton Spectator

Chief Brian Mullan exhibits firearms turned in at Central Police Station. They will be destroyed.
Machine-gun from Second World War
By Paul Morse
The Hamilton Spectator
(Mar 10, 2006)

Hamilton's month-long gun amnesty is only nine days old and already over 313 firearms have been handed to police.

Some have more jaw-dropping firepower than others.

Earlier this week, one Ancaster resident alone turned over 67 rifles and shotguns and one handgun.

The next day, he called police again and told them he had one more weapon to get rid of. When officers returned to his home, he handed them one of the most feared machine-guns of the Second World War -- the German MP-42.

Built to fire 1,300 rounds a minute, the machine-gun was easily manufactured, reliable and worked under the most adverse conditions.

Police have two wheeled laundry carts full of rifles and shotguns, including an American Winchester rifle more than 100 years old.

They have collected boxes of handguns, from flintlock duelling pistols to one-shot Derringers small enough to slip under a woman's garter.

All firearms handed in under the amnesty will be destroyed, said Chief Brian Mullan, even weapons of historical significance. That's the pact we've made with the owners turning in the guns, the chief said yesterday.

"Owners will know if the gun is historically significant and they can turn them over to a museum. But if they turn them over to us, we will destroy them."

Under the amnesty, police will accept unregistered firearms without prosecution, including weapons brought back by war veterans.

Police will screen all weapons for use in a crime, which can result in a criminal investigation.

ETA... just noticed the M3A1 Grease gun in front!

www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1141944646588&call_pageid=1020420665036&col=1014656511815
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Facists
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
BAAAAAAA  BAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAA!!!!! Do it for the Sheeple.

Does look like a MG34.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess an MG-34 ("MP 42") is what you get when you combine an MP-40 and an MG-42....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#4]
People in Canada are idiotic douchebags.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they have a M3 grease gun too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like they have a M3 grease gun too.

That makes me want to cry.

Edit:  That M3 is American property, who wants to go up there with me and get it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Facists

No communists their leftards remember.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]
When I see pics like that it makes me want to cry

Bastards
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Those mother@#$%ers!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#10]
What idiot would turn over an MG34 or M3 Greasegun?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]

American Winchester rifle more than 100 years old.

Idiots
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#12]
These rifles probably came from widows, divorced women that got to keep the guns that have no idea of thier value.

There is a great chance that your firearms may end up in the same place in 50-70 years.

Make sure you leave a damn note for stupid relatives.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Idiots who don't know what they have.

This is why gun buys-backs should be pre-empted by an FFL, similar to SteyrAUG's thread.  The FFL scims off all the good stuff, to be sold back to real gun owners.  The typical shit guns that are of no real use anyway, can be bought back by the gun grabbers to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet they feel safer now.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#15]
anti-gunners certainly have no sense of economics nor do they value history, tradition or sentimentlity.   Destroy a gun worth thousands today and then reward the inmate with more comforts and leisure to make crime worthwhile all in the name of fighting crime.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#17]
To the people of Canada.....

When the SHTF in your Country. When you are invaded by a military force, be it from another country or your own. Don't call on the freedom loving Americans to bail your sorry asses out. You've done it to yourselves, by electing communistic facists to the helm of your once free democracy. Enjoy the rest of your pitiful lives, in fear.

THE END
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I see a Snider-Enfield in there.

Perhaps they should issue them to their spineless border control agency...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Plenty of buy-backs here in the States, too, bud.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Police will screen all weapons for use in a crime, which can result in a criminal investigation.
I wonder if that MP42 was used in a convience store holdup or maybe a drive-by
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Sooooo, gun buybacks never happen in the US?
Looks like typical garage sale garbage to me, pellet guns etc.... out of 313 they only had 2 with any signifigance.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Wonder how much these buy-backs pay? I've got a few junkers I'd love to turn in so we could all feel safer.

Of course, I'd use the proceeds to pay for my next suppressor.      
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Douchebags are everywhere.
A buy back thread in California or Chicago will get the same response.
It's that this is a Canadian douchebag thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
These rifles probably came from widows, divorced women that got to keep the guns that have no idea of thier value.

There is a great chance that your firearms may end up in the same place in 50-70 years.

My fear as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Douchebags are everywhere.
A buy back thread in California or Chicago will get the same response.
It's that this is a Canadian douchebag thread.

Oh.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Put it in an envelope marked, "To be opened after I'm dead and the weeds are growing on my grave." That way when your wife realizes how much you have spent you'll have a pretty good head start.

"No good son of a bitch! I could have a condo in St. Pete for what he spent..........."
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
To the people of Canada.....

When the SHTF in your Country. When you are invaded by a military force, be it from another country or your own. Don't call on the freedom loving Americans to bail your sorry asses out. You've done it to yourselves, by electing communistic facists to the helm of your once free democracy. Enjoy the rest of your pitiful lives, in fear.

THE END

I hate to point out the obvious to you but calling Harper's Conservative party , as you say "communistic facist" shows you don't actually know anything about politics

The conservative party (right wing ) is at the other end of the political spetrum of communism . The Liberals are in the middle and the New Democratic Party ( NDP ) are about as far left you get for a major party . Only then you get the yahoo commies which actually don't have any seats

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top