Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:54:58 AM EDT
Is it just me or does anybody else find it annoying that you can't get factory sights on most rifles anymore? Sorry, but I just don't trust optics enough and refles should have sights!!!!  I've been searching high and low for a stainless bolt action with sights in 30-06 with no luck.. Just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way

Steve
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup!  I was looking at Remington Bolt action .22lrs, but had to pass cuz they don't come with irons.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe Marlin and Savage both offer 30-06 with sights. I've been looking for both bolt and lever action rifles and those are the manufacturers I think i'm settled on. Check them out.

I suppose I understand not having irons on a bull barrel, but I also don't see why it would hurt. I've never had iron sights prevent, or get in the way of, me using optics on anything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
It's driving me nuts. I especially love when the guy behind the counter who most likely has 0 trigger time starts telling me how you don't needs sights anyway... MAybe i'm on the fringe, but when I leave a store with a gun I'd like to be able to shoot it with dropping another few hundred bucks to get rounds on paper.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the Remmy 700 ADL and BDL, except that the new ones have the silly built-in key lock on the bolt.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Tried them. I get it in blue,  but no good in stainless. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Any ideas/ leads would be appreciated
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try the Remmy 700 ADL and BDL, except that the new ones have the silly built-in key lock on the bolt.

FYI, the ADL has been discountinued and its replacement comes not with irons.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#8]
At worst, have a local gunsmith machine the appropriate dovetails, and install some nice sight from Brownells.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, gunsmiths are rare around here. The two I've used didn't really want the job(????) and quoted me ridiculous prices
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Some Ruger M77 models and the single-shot No. 1 come with factory iron sights.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top