Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:29:25 PM EDT
This happened about an hour ago. The picture doesn't do it justice, the one on the left is a nice deep chunk missing. Pinched the living shit out of me. Did it while pulling the slide carrier back (I mistyped, it was the bolt carrier). Left side of the right index finger when looking at the top of the hand. Can you guess what firearm it was that did this to me ? Should I call the police and report an "assault by a deadly weapon" ?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
A Squirrell bite?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
... Ha!

... I "just now" drew blood screwing around with a 1911 magazine
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ak or some type of semi auto handgun im guessing
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I assume whatever firearm I was, it didn't have a slide lock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
been there, done that.  by beretta took a nice bite out of my finger once when i wasn't being careful

they must be banned..... for the children
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
gotta be something you wouldn't expect, like a .22
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I said "slide" in the original post, bolt carrier would be accurate. Damn Yugo SKS did it . I hope that cosmo gunk I haven't cleaned off it yet isn't toxic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
PINCH POINT

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
YOU ARE FIBBING.

You did it spanking your rod and just forgot the lube.  Don't be ashamed we all do it.

I got the beb between my thumb and index finger caught in my pistole once... hurt like hell for a good two hours,.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
YOU ARE FIBBING.

You did it spanking your rod and just forgot the lube.  Don't be ashamed we all do it.

I got the beb between my thumb and index finger caught in my pistole once... hurt like hell for a good two hours,.

Sounds like someone that may have experience with such an occurrence  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#11]
sks's are unforgiving when you put your finger where they aren't supposed to be.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU ARE FIBBING.

Sounds like someone that may have experience with such an occurrence  

As you just learned, friction burns are a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Put your thumb into the chamber area of your Garand and release the bolt.  You'll forget about your finger.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
... Ha!

... I "just now" drew blood screwing around with a 1911 magazine

I just got a paper cut from screwing around with a "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Put your thumb into the chamber area of your Garand and release the bolt.  You'll forget about your finger.

You ever notice how carefull the Gunny is when he is loading a Garand?  Its like he's pulling a tooth out of a lion or something.  There is always this look of "whew!" about him when he doesn't get Garand Thumb.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:12:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd lie and call it the
result of an attack
by a rabid penguin..

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
PINCH POINT

i2.tinypic.com/r2011j.jpg

You done did it now! Per OSHA standards, your rifle needs the appropriate 'BRADY' signage

Please apply this to your firearms.

j/k

ETA:   Brady pn# 69430  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I inadvertently closed the slide of my XD with my thumb obstructing it. You can translate that to my thumb being entirely inside the gun when the slide closed. It is VERY difficult to reopen the slide to extricate your thumb with only one hand while doing the dance of pain....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Let my grip get too high while firing my Buckmark and got the skin between my thumb and trigger finger pinched in the gun. Had to get a buddy help me get it off my hand....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ever notice how carefull the Gunny is when he is loading a Garand?  Its like he's pulling a tooth out of a lion or something.  There is always this look of "whew!" about him when he doesn't get Garand Thumb.

Didn't know that. My dad had a severe Garand index-finger. Nail gone and all
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I was shooting my AR10 one day, forgot my mags, so I was doing the single load thing.

I got bit HARD on my thumb.  I think my left hand was jealous or something.  While I was feeding a round with the right hand, the left tripped the bolt carrier release.

Bled like a stuck pig, hurt like a mother.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PINCH POINT

i2.tinypic.com/r2011j.jpg

You done did it now! Per OSHA standards, your rifle needs the appropriate 'BRADY' signage

Please apply this to your firearms.

j/k

ETA:   Brady pn# 69430  

I wonder if they come in little minature stickers. There is no such thing as being to careful right ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Whatever gun it was, it is now an AK-47 assault machine gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I got my finger caught in the buttstock trap door of an SKS (where the cleaning kit is held) once.

That hurt like a bitch. Still haven't figured out how I managed to do it though.

I understand Garands can be quite nasty too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Them pimples are a bitch ain't they
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#26]
You are a rank amature! I once gave myself M1 thunb not once, but twice in a row! The first time I did it it hurt and of course I said to myself how the hell did I do that! I retraced my steps and BAM did it again. I guess Forest Gumos mom was right stupid is as stupid does.
By the way the second time does not hurt as much as your thumb is a bit numb.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Ouch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top